• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
ccateni

Collabs failing | What to do?

6 replies to this topic

ccateni   
ccateni

How do you want me to do my ytps collab so people can join? My previous attempts (qubo collab, famous pooper collab, etc) failed. What do I do now?

For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

DSYTP   
DSYTP

Make your ideas and rules unique, try to host interesting collabs, and host them on YouTube.

Also maybe post to this:

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

ccateni   
ccateni
Just now, DSYTP said:

Make your ideas and rules unique, try to host interesting collabs, and host them on YouTube.

Host on youtube? How will it get noticed?

Biodegradable   
Biodegradable

Just going to quote an old post of mine here from an older thread where someone asked the same question.

On 02/07/2016 at 4:11 PM, Biodegradable said:

Unless you make a really typically overused source collab like SpongeBob, I don't think there really is a perfect formula to attract people to your collab. The best you can do is put your idea out there and see if people bite, cos you don't really know what people are going to latch onto. Thinking outside the norm, perhaps using ideas that have been rarely done or at all is a good idea, but otherwise just do whatever you want and see what happens.

I think a lot of people had doubts when Paperking announced the MGM collab, but damn if people didn't join that one and become one of the biggest collabs this year. It shows that you can't predict what kind of collabs will attract people to want to join them. 

It's a crapshoot, basically.

GO and KILL! Submitting 100 videos to the Video System User with Coolest Avatars 2017
Friendliest User 2017
Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For receiving a candy heart during the Valentine's Day event! For getting 20 awards For meeting LaVie CestLol and ravinrabbid123 For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For taking 1st Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! Congrats! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest I can do it, I can do it 10 times. For staying strike free for 1 year. For The Angry Grandpa Collab. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of May 2016.

and August 2017 FIVE! FIVE TENNIS MATCHES! HA HA HA HA!! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Hey, gimme a boost, Mario. For collecting all the silver cards Best Tenniser 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016
Friendliest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Image Editor 2017
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Best Newcomer 2016
Best Writer 2016
Best Tenniser 2017
Best Writer 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Regular)
Top 10 Videos of June 2017 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 / Top 10 Videos of June 2017 Congratulations on your first ever Writing Staff article, my friend! :) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

mapo   
mapo

Build your audience and leave a somewhat big impression on the YTP community.

Truth is that people are reluctant to join collabs hosted by people they don't know or newcomers because there isn't that much trust in the host to make a well made collab.

People who join YouChew with none to little audience just to host collabs will find themselves having to abort the collabs they made because nobody is joining or not enough people are joining.

To build your audience, make more YTPs. Get good at making YTPs too which you will if you set your mind to it. It's not easy, but it will get you more entrants.

I hope you didnt join the community just to host collabs. Desperate people who wanted attention makes collabs right from the beginning of their YTP career and in my opinion, it's a dumb thing to do. Not only that, it also doesn't work most of the time.

So yeah, build your audience. It doesnt have to be as big as cs188's or other famous pooper but if you get an average of at least 200 views per video or an average of at least 10 likes per video, then I'd say you might be ready to finally host a successful collab.

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of August 2017 For the Datamosh Collab III For the Datamosh Collab III Submitting 100 videos to the Video System User with Funniest Avatars 2017 Best Newcomer 2017
User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 Thanks for the donation. Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016 (Brain rape/Rape-core) Top 10 Videos of Jul 2016 Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Lucario Congrats on 5 matches! Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Best Newcomer 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2016 For collecting all the bronze cards Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

DSYTP   
DSYTP

My Johnny Test YTP Collab is successful because it's not a popular source to poop and my viewers and YTPers knows me enough that people might want to join my collab, so try to find a rarely pooped source (if you can), and as mapo said, build your audience.

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

ccateni   
ccateni

I have gotten a lot of good advice. I may go into making ytps a lot more often than just the collab entries, and see what people think. While people will find out about me, feedback can be helpful as well. Hopefully this turns out great.