SharkhamAsylum

Video Essays and Film Theory YouTube

102 replies to this topic

The Pope

If you're interested in the whole intent vs execution thing, watch the BvS videos above; Bob goes into detail how the intent of BvS is great, but the execution is disastrous.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

VGFM

Oh I've been subscribed to Bob's channel for a while and I've seen the whole thing.

In the past few years I've definitely distanced myself from fanboy culture.  Not only is it annoying when it runs rampant (see: BvS defenders, people who hate Last Jedi for "lore reasons," etc.), but engaging in it will also make new works far less enjoyable because you're constantly comparing new things to whatever installments you're nostalgic/obsessive towards.

A work shouldn't be judged by how similar or "faithful" it is to something else, because two works can never be exactly the same (and if they are then the newer one gets torn apart for being "unoriginal").

For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your contribution to YouChew's favorite Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year