MemeKirisame

Doki Doki Literature Thread

25 replies to this topic

CODEREDJAROD

I feel like most people should at least try the game. I mean, for one thing it’s free, and it’s pretty short so you won’t be sinking too much time into it. I already have tried getting some of my friends to play and most of them enjoyed it. I personally don't feel the game has been 'overhyped' at all.

Australia, here we CUUUM!!! BWAAAH! For collecting all the bronze cards ...and smells like one, too. sometimes pizza times it sometimes it sometimes it sometimes pizza times pizza I can't give credit! For getting 20 awards For the Team Fortress II collab! For the Team Fortress II collab! The galaxy is at peace Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid 100% Metroid Prime 100% Super Metroid Wave Beam early Super Metroid complete Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Regular) For being a part of the Recommended Poops of June 2017 Best Newcomer 2017 Thanks for the donation. For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System SPARE CHANGE MA'AM? Hey, gimme a boost, Mario.

That's a lot of love! Eyelashes! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016 (Classic)

zoc
21 hours ago, KingHeavy said:

overhyping

you're kidding right

User with Funniest Signatures 2017
Friendliest User 2018 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

KingHeavy
10 minutes ago, zoc said:

you're kidding right

I think the game is great, but I feel that people are making the game out to be better than it actually is.

For staying strike free for 3 years. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of May 2016 For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

G ☆

That happens with literally anything to get a fanbase

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Member with Funniest Posts 2018 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Sentence mix-core) / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Classic) The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Guess. User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018 That's a lot of love! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards DIABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EYELASHES For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards. For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

zoc

Well I'm not sure who you're talking to then because next to no one I've seen has treated the game like its the best thing since sliced bread. Its obviously gotten a lot of praise but that's to be expected with a game as subversive as this. That and the game hasn't been out very long at all and it has a tiny fanbase in comparison to something like Undertale so its way too early to be calling it overhyped if you ask me.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017
Friendliest User 2018 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

BriefCasey795

So I finally had the balls to watch a playthrough of it (Game Grumps), and well, even though I already knew of its true nature and got spoiled about a few things, I might have dodged a bullet a few times because I think I completely underestimated it.

Spoiler

I don't know about you guys, but honestly the one thing of the game that I found extremely sleep killing was the scene of Sayori being found dead, and the kicker was that even though I knew what happened, the scene still scared the shit out of me.

The moment Monika said "you left her hanging", I immediately began to feel a morbid level of dread, and then there's also the fact that when the MC goes into her room, it just cuts to her dead body without warning, in the middle of the scrolling text no less. The music, glitching, and drastically different shading really did not help matters at all, and it's one of the few times I don't want to listen to a VGM because of how absolutely morbid it sounds. I could not sleep that night.

The other thing that I got spoiled about was Yuri stabbing herself, but while that triggered more of an "Oh nooo...." kind of reaction when it happened since that was all I knew on what happens to her, I was legit creeped out when she started to go insane due to her issues being exacerbated. (Thanks a fucking lot, Monika. She was my favorite of the bunch. :/) Though, for some strange reason, her with realistic pupils didn't creep me out as much as it did to other people here. That might have been because I was watching a playthrough, though. I did feel unsettled with the MC staying with her dead body for 3 damn days. Jesus.

Everything else just creeped me out at most, but I will say certain moments made me jump and feel tense. Though, in hindsight, looking at some of the easter eggs on the wiki was a mistake though, especially the one where you delete Sayori or Monika way too early. For some odd reason, the bold black and white version of Sayori's corpse is even creepier because the filter makes it look like her corpse has a fucking slasher smile. No way in hell am I hot linking it since it's disturbing as shit.

So yeah, in short it was quite a ride, and I'm still trying to cool off from it. Valentine's Day being today probably helped a lot though. I'm surprised nobody has discussed the modding scene yet, though. It's pretty neat and there's a few longer mods that try to...

Spoiler

Give the game a happier ending, kind of like Undertale in a sense(?), since the endings were bittersweet, and it made me wish there was just another way. If anyone's willing to check it out, there's one called "DDLC!!!" on the subreddit. Though the only footage of it as far as I know is by someone named Draxr, and it was an earlier version at the time of uploading, so it's got some grammar errors and such. If anyone wants to check it out, here:

Also, on a side note, Yuri being my favorite of the bunch finally lead to my Conscientious Objector laying around in my TF2 inventory being useful for something, along with learning how to give them full color decals:

Spoiler

1vwYtMm.jpg

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 1 year.