Nozdordomu

USA Today’s Careless Blow to the Outside Perception of Youtube Poop

23 replies to this topic

Girla PurpleHeart

I made a rant about YouTube on the News Thread, if you guys are interested of reading it, feel free to do so. But like I said, YouTube Poop has nothing to do with Elsagate and other clickbait videos. Sure, some of the YTP videos maybe inappropriate, but most of them are pretty much comedy gold. Like Heruru Meruru said, YouTube Poop is a hobby.

Thanks for your contribution(s) to the YouChew zine! For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest

For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years 5 Completed Matches! *Victory Chime*  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos You participated in ten collaborations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 36 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 239 days before it was shut down

Chincherrinas

Yeah this type of overgeneralizing should happen less.

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of May 2018 For staying strike free for 1 year.

MemeKirisame

I'm thinking of having someone create a video sharing site for YTPs so USA Today or YouTube won't kill us down. (Also Viacom won't strike us up our Fair Use.)

Mmmmmm For your contribution to the YouChew Zine! For staying strike free for 1 year. Best YouTube Pooper 2018 Best Newcomer 2018 For participating in the 2017 Chew or Treat! For being a part of the Recommended Poops of October 2017 Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 / Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017 (YTPMV) Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

DSYTP
3 hours ago, PancakeLord117 said:

It really disgusts me that these thick-minded degenerates think Elsagate and YouTube Poop are the same thing. If you are one of those people, let me say this:

YouTube Poop is a style of video editing where you edit a piece of media to make it crazy or surreal. It was never directed towards kids and kids' shows are not the only things subject to it (The Simpsons, King of the Hill, and Family Guy are adult shows and they have many YouTube Poops on them). Most YTPs are also non-profit so they aren't making any money off of the videos.

Elsagate IS targeted towards kids, and the creators want to make money off of them while showing them some of the most putrid things on YouTube that no child should be subject to. THOSE videos deserve to be taken down, not YTP.

Now do you see the difference? If you do, congratulations, I salute you.

Btw, very well written article!

That was a informal and detailed info that can effectively clear up the myth. 

Yes, YTPs can have subtle or explicit sex jokes, violence, swearing, or drug usage, but it is for comedy purposes. Elsagate has the same qualities as YTPs including fucking the kids' generations.

Edited by DSYTP
wrong word choice.
Top 10 Videos of Jul 2018_2 (Sentence mix-core) For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 Chew or Treat Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

terminatorX2
16 hours ago, NationOfOranges696 said:

Society seems to just get more sensitive as the time goes by.

I have a feeling that society will turn all 1984-ish

Thanks for participating in the Faces of Evil / Wand of Gamelon dub! For staying strike free for 5 years. For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

crashmatilda

The money people make off Elsagate is a problem, BUT that's not the point of the article. The point is that kids are appealed to watch this explicit content in the first place. In that regard YTP can be pretty similar to Elsagate and I think we need to own up to that. Personally I'm glad he's bringing this to attention, since most parents would have no idea what YTP is.

Thanks for participating in the Faces of Evil / Wand of Gamelon dub! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year. Top 10 Videos of Dec 2017 Top 10 Videos of Dec 2017 (Sentence mix-core)

Nozdordomu
19 hours ago, NationOfOranges696 said:

Society seems to just get more sensitive as the time goes by.

I don't think people being too sensitive is the problem; it's more people being ignorant.

Thanks for participating in the Faces of Evil / Wand of Gamelon dub! For getting 20 awards For being a part of the Recommended Poops of November 2017 For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

Powder

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT

We did it guys we made it to the big leagues
way to go journos

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Did someone say Thanks for being Strike-Free for three years! Keep it up! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Ace-edo Mask

I can see it now. THIS JUST IN! USA Today begins the Poopocalypse. Wall Street Journal approves!

Thanks for participating in the Faces of Evil / Wand of Gamelon dub! For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Ace-edo Mask

@MemeKirisame Wouldn't that be nice for a change. To get a safe haven like Blip was for everyone's YTP's 

Thanks for participating in the Faces of Evil / Wand of Gamelon dub! For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Blockglitch

well fuck. time to move over to vidlii entirely.

For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

SuperYoshi

Youtube Poop, as perceived by the Talking Tech writer, is bluntly the work of “those who wish to manipulate, mislead, harass or even harm” [...] viewers.  

Well...I mean...he's not that far off.

I'm not sure how many young people are looking up clips of 25+ year old video game cartoons but I mean the whole point initially was to weird people out with fucking ridiculous titles and garbage video content.  Now that I think about the Johnny Johnny Yes Papa crew really did a better job than I did.  Oh well.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

thapoint09
13 hours ago, Ace-edo Mask said:

@MemeKirisame Wouldn't that be nice for a change. To get a safe haven like Blip was for everyone's YTP's 

That's been tried before, and has never been successful.

Thanks for participating in the Faces of Evil / Wand of Gamelon dub! For staying strike free for 5 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. August 2014 - "Lady Ski Conquers Compton" (Sentence mix-core) Best Musician 2014, Best Musician 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos September 2013 - Overall, Regular

Tug
32 minutes ago, SuperYoshi said:

Youtube Poop, as perceived by the Talking Tech writer, is bluntly the work of “those who wish to manipulate, mislead, harass or even harm” [...] viewers.  

Well...I mean...he's not that far off.

I'm not sure how many young people are looking up clips of 25+ year old video game cartoons but I mean the whole point initially was to weird people out with fucking ridiculous titles and garbage video content.  Now that I think about the Johnny Johnny Yes Papa crew really did a better job than I did.  Oh well.

It's the "harass and harm" part that is really problematic, and the part where YTP should be differentiated.

But maybe the Elsagate crew will manifest its own community and forum, eventually evolving past the scam into a nascent, avant garde artform, and its underhanded roots will be discarded.  Only time will tell.

For eloquently describing your thoughts on USA Today's article depicting YouTube Poops. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting 20 awards For getting all the standard ornaments For making da Youchew Pizza, mama-mia! Metroid Fusion 100% For staying strike free for 3 years. I actually decided based on upvotes. That's a lot of love! WE'VE GOT TROUBLE Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thanks for the donation Testing the IPS 4.0 Update User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Best Newcomer 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year When you're chased by... For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! October 2014 - Sentence mix-core, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

SuccyLord

parents don’t give 2 fucks about elasgate,but ytp is absolute EVIL to them.i mean,sexualized cartoons

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Ace-edo Mask

@thapoint09 Whilst it's rare, you forget that Blip lasted YEARS. Hell, the only reason it died in the first place, is because Big Brother Galactus Mickey bought them out. 

AND YOU NEVER SAY NO TO THE MOUSE!