• Announcements

• Joosh

YouChews the Winners Now Open!   04/16/2018

This year's YouChews the Winners awards is now open! Details can be found here:   Voting can be done here: http://youchew.net/index.php?/youchews-the-winners
MitchHang

The Pop Team Epic YTP Collab (Open Sign-Ups!)

10 replies to this topic

MitchHang

The Pop Team Epic YTP Collab

[This description is gonna be pretty lengthy because everything is copied from the video text.]

Exactly 1 year ago (April 1, 2017), an anime adaptation of Hoshiiro Girldrop was announced as part of an April Fools' Day prank. That following day, Pop Team Epic, a manga written and illustrated by Bkub Okawa, had its own anime adaptation announced. It premiered on January 7, 2018, and like the manga, the anime included many pop culture references and has developed a cult following among both Japanese and Western audiences. To celebrate, I'm hosting this YTP collab (my first ever) which showcases the many interpretations of Pop Team Epic and its excessive wackiness, because come on, Pop Team Epic couldn't get any weirder than at this point in time, right?

Here are the rules for this collab:
Rule 1: You must sign up for the collab, either by YouTube comment/message, YouChew forum reply, or Discord message (invite here). However, if you're not fully convinced to join this collab, you can sign up as a "maybe," but don't let it stay for too long or sign up at the last minute, or you'll probably removed from the collab (you can always drop out if you'd like).

Rule 2: Your main source must be the Pop Team Epic anime -- dub version, though you can also use the sub version (don't ask me how to get the episodes; you can figure that out yourself). Other sources related to Pop Team Epic I recommend including are CptNameless's animations of the manga, the music video for the Pop Team Epic theme song, and other promotional material and TV commercials.

Rule 3: This is probably the most confusing rule yet -- you must have two nearly identical versions of your YTPs. That means one must have male voices, and the other must have female voices (if you've watched the anime, you know that two versions are broadcast with these differences). This can simply be done by replacing specific audio clips in your YTP. You can also include certain gags for each version of your YTP (similar to what Pop Team Epic does in each episode). The "Bob Epic Team" segments are exactly the same for each version of the episode, just to let you know.
[NOTE: If this rule seems to be bothering a lot of people, then I'll just simply leave it out.]

Rule 4: The duration of your YTP must be between 0:30 and 5:00 (meaning your total video length is anywhere between 1:00 and 10:00).

Rule 5: Any style of YTP is allowed, as long as it's not done poorly. No MLG, 9/11, or Holocaust jokes, please. You can use Spadinner and/or effects spam, but don't use it too much to the point where it becomes annoying.

Rule 6: Your YTP must be edited pretty well. That means I don't want any entries made in software like Windows Movie Maker and iMovie (but if your entry is edited pretty well with those softwares, I'll probably give you a pass). Camera-recorded entries are also not allowed.

Rule 7: Put a watermark on your entry (best placement is in the bottom right corner). Make sure your watermark doesn't take up too much of the screen. If you forget to put a watermark or aren't able to do so, I'll add one for you, so don't worry about that. Entries with big editing software watermarks (i.e. Filmora) are not allowed, except when used as a joke.

Rule 8: Render your entry in 1080p quality and in the 16:9 aspect ratio. I will also accept entries in 720p and 480p quality but no lower than that.

Rule 9: Entries must be finished and submitted via YouTube comment/message, YouChew forum reply, or Discord message by August 31, 2018, 11:59 PM EST (use a time zone converter depending on where you live). I'll maybe make certain exceptions for some people  or extend the deadline at some point. The collab will likely be finished and uploaded on October 3, 2018 (Bkub Okawa's 32nd birthday).

Rule 10: This is the most important rule for this collab -- have fun! It doesn't matter whether or not you understand the source material, just watch a few episodes and try to come up with something good out of it.

Good luck to those who will participate! Let's make this collab a great one! Oh, and Happy April Fools' Day, and Easter, too! (depending on wherever you're watching this)

MitchHang

TL;DR:

1. It's a Pop Team Epic YTP Collab.

2. Make an entry.

3. Make sure it doesn't suck.

4. Due by August 31, 2018 11:59 PM EST.

Discord invite here.

DiscoGlacier

Awww, I was hoping to make a poop with 2000s memes.

For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments YouChew University Best Image Editor 2017
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! I want candy, bubble gum and taf-DAMMIT! It's a little itchy... That's a lot of love! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Last post of 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing The Legend of Zelda Second Quest during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of October & November 2015. The birds are singing! Isn't it beautiful? User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Top 10 Videos of Oct 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Nov 2015 Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For getting 1st place in the Spooky Poop Contest 2015 Spooky Poop 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Five! MMMMmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks First to stumble in to a monster house. For having a blog entry featured. For your Dr. Robotnik end of the world picture in December 2012. For your take on A Troll In Central Park. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos OH LOOK WHAT GOODY-GOODY FAGGOTS

MitchHang
47 minutes ago, DiscoGlacier said:

Awww, I was hoping to make a poop with 2000s memes.

Eh, it could happen someday.

Btw, you in on the actual collab?

DiscoGlacier

No, sorry. But good luck nonetheless!

For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments YouChew University Best Image Editor 2017
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! I want candy, bubble gum and taf-DAMMIT! It's a little itchy... That's a lot of love! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Last post of 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing The Legend of Zelda Second Quest during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of October & November 2015. The birds are singing! Isn't it beautiful? User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Top 10 Videos of Oct 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Nov 2015 Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For getting 1st place in the Spooky Poop Contest 2015 Spooky Poop 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Five! MMMMmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks First to stumble in to a monster house. For having a blog entry featured. For your Dr. Robotnik end of the world picture in December 2012. For your take on A Troll In Central Park. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos OH LOOK WHAT GOODY-GOODY FAGGOTS

TraitorLoxoz

I wish to join but are you aware of eclipsy, erosion and ear-rape?

We're on a Bright Smiles World Tour Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

MitchHang
14 hours ago, TraitorLoxoz said:

I wish to join but are you aware of eclipsy, erosion and ear-rape?

I'll allow it in your entry, as long as you don't over-do it on all three.

TraitorLoxoz
8 hours ago, MitchHang said:

I'll allow it in your entry, as long as you don't over-do it on all three.

Welp, gotta go do it.

We're on a Bright Smiles World Tour Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

ThatGuyThatLikesMostThings

Maybe.

BWAAAH! For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

BriefCasey795

Maybe. The fact that we're mainly asked to use the dub is a good motivator for me.

For staying strike free for 1 year.