• Announcements

• Joosh

YouChews the Winners Now Open!   04/16/2018

This year's YouChews the Winners awards is now open! Details can be found here:   Voting can be done here: http://youchew.net/index.php?/youchews-the-winners
gvn

General Racing Game Thread

11 replies to this topic

gvn

is there one of these threads about racing here?? eh screw it. ill just say what i gotta say.

So, this thread is basically about discussing any racing game. Whether it's about something you like about the game, whether it's something you have fun DOING in the game, ALL that.

Buggity buggity buggity! Let's go racin' boys! (And girls too. y' know..cuz of Danica Patrick)

update: this topic will now be renamed to "General Racing Game Thread" as said by Enay.

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

gvn

1HZyqWO.jpg

its been a while since ive ever played nr2003 lol.

Enay

I've never had 2003 specifically; in fact the last NASCAR games I owned were from 98-2000 on tbe N64. I don't remember much from my time playing with those games other than dicking around in free play by driving the track the wrong way and ramming into as many opponents as possible to wreck them out without wrecking myself. That and one of those games had a looped Surfing with the Alien riff that I never got out of my head for the longest time

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 14 videos

gvn
5 hours ago, Enay said:

driving the track the wrong way and ramming into as many opponents

same thing i do in 2003 xd!

gvn

Oh yeah, and i've tried to get mods (not like the moderators) from old NR2003 websites that have been shut down on Wayback Machine, and believe me, I haven't had the best luck.

Same goes with tracks.

TAZ

Last time I checked, NR 2003 had an active community. I'm not sure where they are, but I know people are still making new paint jobs for the game. 

TrackMania Turbo is free on PSN Plus this month. It's kinda fun for an arcade-style racer. The procedurally generated tracks are awful though.

BWAAAH! For staying warn free for 9 years Thanks for the sweets yo! For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years July 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For meeting up with the folks at Ohayocon! Thanks for being Strike-Free!

Enay

Why 2003 specifically though? I thought the appeal of the newer games is that they became more feature rich and nuanced in the physics models. Isn't that the appeal of these sports games, or is it one of those things where they never got their shit together afterward?

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 14 videos

TyrannosaurusReich

i will personally suck miyamoto's dick if we get a new f-zero game for switch

please

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

JazzDanceForChildren
Just now, TyrannosaurusReich said:

i will personally suck miyamoto's dick if we get a new f-zero game for switch

please

Seems kind of unlikely since they've said they won't do it unless they can surpass F-Zero GX or make up a new gimmick that justifies the existence of a new game. F-Zero would look very good in HD and online races would be nice, but I don't think Nintendo could effectively run an online game that has almost zero tolerance for latency and it would really suck if they turned down the vehicle speed just to make the online multiplayer functional.

I think F-Zero GX has emulation issues, but there are physics mods for the game and some of them are apparently pretty good.

For staying warn free for 9 years Designing card #18 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2012 - Overall For the category of Member With Funniest Posts, Smartest User 2014, Smartest User 2015, Smartest User 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down

Enay

I heard that the GCN controller was perfect for F-Zero games since the analog strafing in GX was only possible with those triggers, triggers that haven't existed since the Gamecube. It wouldn't happen again until a console game with a controller with those triggers as standard, which the Switch doesn't. The best we can hope for this gen is for N64 VC support with F-Zero X again

gvn
16 hours ago, Enay said:

Why 2003 specifically though? I thought the appeal of the newer games is that they became more feature rich and nuanced in the physics models. Isn't that the appeal of these sports games, or is it one of those things where they never got their shit together afterward?

i thought the people here on uchew would be interested in nr2003 but i sort of thought of being "fair" with other racing games :(

i also thought that people here would be acquainted with nr2003 so i titled it "nr2003 thread"

asdfghjkl btw its the appeal of these sports games

TAZ
17 hours ago, Enay said:

Papyrus made NR2003, and they actually made good games. EA Sports bought exclusive rights to NASCAR games after that and they only released console games. So nr2003 was the best NASCAR game available on PC for over a decade. Some would argue that it still is the best f2p game available. Mods were popular for years but I'm not sure if that community is still active.

You would think sports games get better every year, but EA actually finds ways to make them worse. They seem to release the same game every year with added features. It eventually dissolves into a buggy mess. Good thing EA no longer has the rights. 

BWAAAH! For staying warn free for 9 years Thanks for the sweets yo! For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years July 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For meeting up with the folks at Ohayocon! Thanks for being Strike-Free!