The Pope

The Official E3 2018 Discussion Palace (E3 Awards now up!)

The 2018 YouChew E3 Awards  

65 members have voted

1. 1. The “You Are Tearing Me Apart, Reggie!” Award: For the most unintentionally funny moment

• Ubisoft guys saying "WE NAILED IT" without realizing they were still on mic. 
    • PC Gaming show: "doctor"'s microphone breaks so he speaks directly into Host's chest
    • Drake the Duck at the PC Gaming Show
    • Audience members at Sony randomly yelling "DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO"
    • Stone-faced reactions to Andrew W.K.
    • Fat guy taking Miyamoto's seat as he stepped up at Ubisoft
    • [Abstain]
  2. 2. The “ESPN Experience” Award: For the announcement/presentation that had the least to do with video games at a conference about video games

• Just Dance's big furry dance party
    • Multiple musical interludes at Sony's conference
    • [Abstain]
  3. 3. “Jack Black’s Octagonal Emblem”: For the most cringe-worthy and painful game/presentation to sit through

• Division 2's Mic Trick (people "talking" in the game like they're actually playing it)
    • Ubisoft furries dancing for Just Dance
    • Drake the Duck at the PC Gaming Show
    • Antti Ilvessuo (Trials Rising's director) showing up on a motorbike and "crashing" on stage
    • [Abstain]
  4. 4. The “Rock Band 3, Fucking Finally” Award: For the biggest bait and switch

• Halo Infinite
    • The Division 2
    • Skate 4 is actually Session
    • Gears of War...Funko Pop game
    • Ubisoft's Donkey Kong game just being Rabbids DLC
    • Star Fox...in Starlink
    • Sony cutting off after The Last of Us for 10 minutes to switch stages
    • Resident Evil 2's remake
    • [Abstain]
  5. 5. The “We Can Rule the Galaxy as Father and Son” Award: For the most unsettling corporate partnership

• Microsoft buying Ninja Theory and a bunch of other smaller studios
    • Ubisoft continuing to work deep with Nintendo
    • [Abstain]
  6. 6. The “Great Job, Jeremy!” Award: For the most patronized on-stage performer

• Audience member repeatedly slapped by Andrea Rene at EA about whether he's excited about Anthem
    • Vince Zampella (Respawn CEO) awkwardly sitting in the EA audience to talk about their new Star Wars game
    • Drake the Duck at PC Gaming
    • PC Gaming's Host
    • [Abstain]
  7. 7. The “Exciting Dog Action!” Award: For the most boring game due to lack of innovation

• Battlefield V's Battle Royale
    • FIFA '19
    • Command & Conquer Rivals
    • Anthem
    • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
    • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    • [Abstain]
  8. 8. The “My Body Wasn’t Ready” Award: For the biggest “Oh SNAP” moment of the show

• Microsoft buys Ninja Theory and a bunch of other smaller studios
    • Devil May Cry 5's reveal
    • Battletoads reboot
    • Bethesda ending its show with teasers for both Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI
    • Star Fox appearing in Ubisoft's Starlink
    • Ridley in Smash Ultimate
    • [Abstain]
  9. 9. "Usher's Plastic Disco Ball": For the most shoehorned-in celebrity

• Andrew W.K. at Rage 2
    • Keegan Michael Key with Skyrim on Alexa
    • Joseph Gordon Levitt with Beyond Good and Evil 2
    • Elijah Wood with Transference
    • [Abstain]
  10. 10. "Mr. Caffeine's Bronze Coffee Mug": For the worst performer of the show

• Andrea Rene (lady at EA)
    • Martin Sahlin presenting Unravel Two at EA
    • Andrew Wilson (EA CEO)
    • Cornelia Geppert presenting Sea of Solitude at EA
    • Antti Ilvessuo, Trials Rising's director on the motorbike
    • Sean Plott/Day9/Host
    • "Nina Struthers" (Devolver Digital's "CEO")
    • [Abstain]
  11. 11. “The Concrete Donkey”: For the company that made the biggest ass out of themselves, in both presentation and content

12. 12. “Best in Show” (Game): For the game that, through trailers, live demos, or other presentations, deserves the most praise and built the most hype (VOTE 3 TIMES)

• Battlefield V
    • Anthem
    • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    • Fallout 76
    • Kingdom Hearts III
    • Gears of War 5
    • Cyberpunk 2077
    • Wolfenstein: Youngblood
    • Quake Champions
    • Beyond Good and Evil 2
    • Skull & Bones
    • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    • The Last of Us Part 2
    • Ghosts of Tsushima
    • Death Stranding
    • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    • Devil May Cry 5
    • Resident Evil 2 Remake
    • [Abstain]
  13. 13. “Best in Show” (Company): For the company that overall was of the highest quality and standard, in both presentation and content

179 replies to this topic

The Pope

Welcome to Smash 18 central and everything else you don't care about, aka E3 2018.

Here's the currently known schedule.

E3 2018 Press Conference Times

o0I0t2y.png

Get your bodies ready.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Countsmegula

Oh hey, all the conferences I care about are times I can stick around for stream chat.

My readiness is unprecedented, let's do this shit. 

For getting 20 awards Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying strike free for 5 years. That's a lot of love! Aww, thanks for inviting me over... and for not asking me to clean your room! I have to use a lifeline. For collecting all the silver cards. For collecting all the bronze cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group Spooky Poop 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For clearing Sonic 1 & 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos June 2013 - "Game Grumps Shirt Ads Prove Popular with Male Teenagers" (Regular) June 2013 - Overall, Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Umigame

The stakes are high for everyone involved. Ninty's sure to deliver the goods but I have my doubts over the rest, especially Sony.

Just less on the VR and the sound mixing hiccups and I'll be more accepting.

User with Best Signatures 2018
Best Artist 2018 BWAAAH! For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying strike free for 1 year. For taking 1st Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! The galaxy is at peace Metroid Fusion under 2 hours For getting 20 awards Super Metroid 100% Metroid Prime 100% Metroid complete Metroid Tourian early Cursing the curser with twice the curse Buttfather SCROUNDER Look at this trophy, that you just won! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks User with Funniest Avatars 2017
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017
Best Image Editor 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
Best Image Editor 2018 Best Artist 2017
Best Newcomer 2017
User with Coolest Avatars 2017
User with Best Avatars 2018 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! bubble gum and taffy That's a lot of love! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! It's a little itchy... For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! Asked nicely.

Cantfly

If Retro Studios doesn't announce their new game I will have no choice but to be slightly upset by the situation and hope they can tell us information on their new game soon

For real though come on Retro you gotta give me the goods, you've been holding out on me for too long. I know Funky Kong is a complex character but I also know that you couldn't have just been working on him for four years. 

Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Crazy Luigi

I'm not sure if anyone else was aware of this, but DiscoGlacier showed me a video the other day about apparent leaks involving I think Microsoft and/or Sony via Wal-Mart's Canadian website, and most of them feel rather legitimate in that regard. I'm not going to spoil them for obvious reasons, but it does speak of the problem these leaks cause the industry these days.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus BONES BOMBS LOCK UP THE THROTTLE For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Wads of dosh ALL THE LOOOOOVE For collecting all 4 Wonderball items. EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event!

For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments For completing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 during our community challenge event. For participating in ten successful collaborations You've reached 20 medals. This is now yours! Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2018 Friendliest User 2014
Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Writer 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018 Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Signatures 2014, Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 2nd in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For writing 15609 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Cake, etc. etc. Since it's inevitable, this is for the million that I got. I am a Writing Staff! :D

Also, you've done well for my niggaz writing this shit! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

WALLMAN

Bethesda seems to be taking it in stride with their Rage 2 reveal. Not a lotta people played the first one, but I liked it, so I'm looking forward to that.

Spoiler

Also, Borderlands 3 😁

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

Whelt

Let's spice it up with some rumors and leaks

Spoiler

Star Fox Grand Prix, supposedly in development by Retro Studios, will be similar to Diddy Kong Racing.

I'm not sold on this one. People will be very pissed from several different fronts if it turns out to be true, and all we have is that basic looking logo.

Spoiler

Pokemon Switch will be Kanto games featuring Pikachu and Eevee, with Pokemon GO elements

Unfortunately looks more credible to me, though I absolutely hate the idea of yet more Kanto pandering. We fucking get it, everyone loves the original 151, but I'm 151% done with copious Kanto references stuffed into every new Pokemon game for the past decade.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
User with Funniest Avatars 2015
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

The Pope

I love the idea of more Kanto pandering. Red/Blue haven't aged well, but Kanto is the best map with the best Gym Leaders and the best rival and the best enemy team (though Team Skull is a solid #2). Kanto with a good number of non-Kanto mons would be cool, too. Or Nintendo could nut up and have a game with every region. Not like the Switch couldn't handle it.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Umigame

To be honest at this point Gen 1 has been milked for all it's worth in Pokemon as much as Super Mario Bros. 3 has been in the Mario fare. Yes we get it, they are important for laying foundations to their respective series, but can we stop having to see it everywhere and move past towards newer things?

Anywho, a Star Fox racing game sounds...dubious. At worst this might get the same kind of vitriol that Federation Force got when it was revealed along with accusations that it should have been a new F-Zero game instead.

User with Best Signatures 2018
Best Artist 2018 BWAAAH! For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying strike free for 1 year. For taking 1st Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! The galaxy is at peace Metroid Fusion under 2 hours For getting 20 awards Super Metroid 100% Metroid Prime 100% Metroid complete Metroid Tourian early Cursing the curser with twice the curse Buttfather SCROUNDER Look at this trophy, that you just won! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks User with Funniest Avatars 2017
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017
Best Image Editor 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
Best Image Editor 2018 Best Artist 2017
Best Newcomer 2017
User with Coolest Avatars 2017
User with Best Avatars 2018 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! bubble gum and taffy That's a lot of love! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! It's a little itchy... For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! Asked nicely.

G33Tube

This definitely isn’t gonna happen, but if they revealed a concept trailer for STALKER 2 that would be orgasmic.

Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (YTPMV) For the Worst Collab Ever Collab! Congrats! For the Worst Collab Ever Collab! Congrats! For the Worst Collab Ever Collab! Congrats! Hey, g-gimme a boost, Mario! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 For staying strike free for 1 year.

Morimoto

I'll have an open mind and see if the said Pokemon rumors are true and end up as a good game.

I also hope Fortnite would make a Switch announcement this E3; the Switch is probably the only modern electronic device without the game.

Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of October & November 2016 Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (YTPMV) Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For coming in 2nd Place in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For staying strike free for 1 year. For completing A Link to the Past during the community challenge. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

The Pope

Updated the OP with a visual schedule.

Whelt

Another "leaked" E3 document is here

Supposedly this is a partial list of games Nintendo is going to have on the showfloor. And before you complain, it's not just Kotaku, other outlets like Destructoid and GameXplain seem to be putting stock into it.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

TVBForever

I'm predicting it here. Nintendo may win strong yet again, but that's just my prediction.

Not to keen on Square Enix's panel, not crazy for Rockstar's panel, etc.

Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018 (Classic) Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For staying strike free for 7 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Whelt

Nintendo will have to show off some amazing stuff to make up for their worthless online service, imo.

Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018

Morimoto

I feel that that leak is somewhat credible. 

I am looking forward for Bethesda's presention and see if there will be some Switch ports.

Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of October & November 2016 Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (YTPMV) Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For coming in 2nd Place in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For staying strike free for 1 year. For completing A Link to the Past during the community challenge. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

TVBForever

Oh yeah, Bethesda actually does have a great presentation coming up during this conference. I'm really excited what they have to offer for Fallout '76 among others.

Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018 (Classic) Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For staying strike free for 7 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

The Pope

Okay, that's just a list of third party games. Good.

I saw Fire Emblem not on there and I was like

:dancebotnik:

Whelt

Yeah it's specifically third party games... and Mario Tennis, but maybe they just threw it in there for reasons. I don't think this is a complete list of what's in Nintendo's presentation, as it doesn't have any first parties, even ones we know are confirmed. It seems to be a list for one of the show floor rooms.

Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018

The Pope

Wait, shit, Killer Queen???

Ssc1vgF.jpg

I literally just played that for the first time at an arcade bar in San Francisco last Saturday. It's a nutty 5 v 5 arcade game with two massive cabinets that are connected. It's really fun, but it's a quarter devourer. I wanted to get it on Steam or something, but it was arcade-only...until now, I guess?

I'm interested in how a console port will work. Maybe 4v4 online? Because 2v2 couch play would be pretty lame.

Basically it's a 2D platformer fighter akin to Duck Game where you've got one Queen and up to four Drones per team. There are berries scattered around the map, and the Drones can pick them up and carry them back to their nest, or they can take them to transformation stations to trade them for either a speed boost (to be superior drones) or to transform them into Warriors. Warriors can't pick up berries, but they can kill enemy Drones, Queens and Warriors by flying above them and divebombing them (Queens can do this too). When a player dies, they instantly respawn as a Drone (unless they're the Queen, they stay a Queen). There's also a big snail at the bottom of the map that a Drone can jump on to ride, which will slowly move towards the player's side of the screen. A team wins when either they've collected 10 or so berries, they've killed the enemy Queen 3 times, or they've ridden the snail all the way to their goal.

It sounds pretty complicated, but it's super fun, especially for fucking around with friends while drunk. I'm honestly super excited if this does indeed get ported to Switch, and I think it'll fit fantastically, especially since the only buttons you need are the joystick and jump (making it great for even single joy-con play). Now I'm really hoping this leak is legit.