The Pope

The Official E3 2018 Discussion Palace (E3 Awards now up!)

The 2018 YouChew E3 Awards  

65 members have voted

1. 1. The “You Are Tearing Me Apart, Reggie!” Award: For the most unintentionally funny moment

• Ubisoft guys saying "WE NAILED IT" without realizing they were still on mic. 
    • PC Gaming show: "doctor"'s microphone breaks so he speaks directly into Host's chest
    • Drake the Duck at the PC Gaming Show
    • Audience members at Sony randomly yelling "DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO"
    • Stone-faced reactions to Andrew W.K.
    • Fat guy taking Miyamoto's seat as he stepped up at Ubisoft
    • [Abstain]
  2. 2. The “ESPN Experience” Award: For the announcement/presentation that had the least to do with video games at a conference about video games

• Just Dance's big furry dance party
    • Multiple musical interludes at Sony's conference
    • [Abstain]
  3. 3. “Jack Black’s Octagonal Emblem”: For the most cringe-worthy and painful game/presentation to sit through

• Division 2's Mic Trick (people "talking" in the game like they're actually playing it)
    • Ubisoft furries dancing for Just Dance
    • Drake the Duck at the PC Gaming Show
    • Antti Ilvessuo (Trials Rising's director) showing up on a motorbike and "crashing" on stage
    • [Abstain]
  4. 4. The “Rock Band 3, Fucking Finally” Award: For the biggest bait and switch

• Halo Infinite
    • The Division 2
    • Skate 4 is actually Session
    • Gears of War...Funko Pop game
    • Ubisoft's Donkey Kong game just being Rabbids DLC
    • Star Fox...in Starlink
    • Sony cutting off after The Last of Us for 10 minutes to switch stages
    • Resident Evil 2's remake
    • [Abstain]
  5. 5. The “We Can Rule the Galaxy as Father and Son” Award: For the most unsettling corporate partnership

• Microsoft buying Ninja Theory and a bunch of other smaller studios
    • Ubisoft continuing to work deep with Nintendo
    • [Abstain]
  6. 6. The “Great Job, Jeremy!” Award: For the most patronized on-stage performer

• Audience member repeatedly slapped by Andrea Rene at EA about whether he's excited about Anthem
    • Vince Zampella (Respawn CEO) awkwardly sitting in the EA audience to talk about their new Star Wars game
    • Drake the Duck at PC Gaming
    • PC Gaming's Host
    • [Abstain]
  7. 7. The “Exciting Dog Action!” Award: For the most boring game due to lack of innovation

• Battlefield V's Battle Royale
    • FIFA '19
    • Command & Conquer Rivals
    • Anthem
    • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
    • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    • [Abstain]
  8. 8. The “My Body Wasn’t Ready” Award: For the biggest “Oh SNAP” moment of the show

• Microsoft buys Ninja Theory and a bunch of other smaller studios
    • Devil May Cry 5's reveal
    • Battletoads reboot
    • Bethesda ending its show with teasers for both Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI
    • Star Fox appearing in Ubisoft's Starlink
    • Ridley in Smash Ultimate
    • [Abstain]
  9. 9. "Usher's Plastic Disco Ball": For the most shoehorned-in celebrity

• Andrew W.K. at Rage 2
    • Keegan Michael Key with Skyrim on Alexa
    • Joseph Gordon Levitt with Beyond Good and Evil 2
    • Elijah Wood with Transference
    • [Abstain]
  10. 10. "Mr. Caffeine's Bronze Coffee Mug": For the worst performer of the show

• Andrea Rene (lady at EA)
    • Martin Sahlin presenting Unravel Two at EA
    • Andrew Wilson (EA CEO)
    • Cornelia Geppert presenting Sea of Solitude at EA
    • Antti Ilvessuo, Trials Rising's director on the motorbike
    • Sean Plott/Day9/Host
    • "Nina Struthers" (Devolver Digital's "CEO")
    • [Abstain]
  11. 11. “The Concrete Donkey”: For the company that made the biggest ass out of themselves, in both presentation and content

12. 12. “Best in Show” (Game): For the game that, through trailers, live demos, or other presentations, deserves the most praise and built the most hype (VOTE 3 TIMES)

• Battlefield V
    • Anthem
    • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    • Fallout 76
    • Kingdom Hearts III
    • Gears of War 5
    • Cyberpunk 2077
    • Wolfenstein: Youngblood
    • Quake Champions
    • Beyond Good and Evil 2
    • Skull & Bones
    • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    • The Last of Us Part 2
    • Ghosts of Tsushima
    • Death Stranding
    • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    • Devil May Cry 5
    • Resident Evil 2 Remake
    • [Abstain]
  13. 13. “Best in Show” (Company): For the company that overall was of the highest quality and standard, in both presentation and content

179 replies to this topic

The Pope

The E3 Awards are live!

Trying something different this year for best game: I understand voting one game can be very hard for some people, so this time around you're allowed to vote for three games. You don't have to vote for three games if there aren't even three that interest you, but please do not vote more than three times. The poll is public, so if I see you voted more than three times, I will not count your vote in the tally.

Place your votes, people!

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

HassanLechkar

The only influence I had on this topic was the poll itself, just saying. lol

YES! For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the Spooky Poop Contest 2017 For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Jan 2017 Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Countsmegula

Holy shit guys Smash can only get its dick sucked so much

Voted on polls, I can say I share a lot of opinions with others but some I'm genuinely surprised didn't get voted on as much.

Mega Man, Mega Man 2, and Mega Man 3 complete Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chousensha complete For getting 20 awards Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying strike free for 5 years. That's a lot of love! Aww, thanks for inviting me over... and for not asking me to clean your room! I have to use a lifeline. For collecting all the silver cards. For collecting all the bronze cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group Spooky Poop 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For clearing Sonic 1 & 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos June 2013 - "Game Grumps Shirt Ads Prove Popular with Male Teenagers" (Regular) June 2013 - Overall, Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

The Titan

Ubisoft needs to stop with those god awful presentations. It's so cringy to see people talk like that and taking the game that seriously. Normal people don't talk like that. It makes it so painfully difficult to watch and it makes me not care for the game at all.

Dave Klasnakov

I'm kinda gutted that Rage 2 is entirely absent for best in show (game) considering that EA's biggest titles managed to even make it onto the list.

Then again, speaking as a Battlefield player, it's EA's own fault for almost entirely botching up their big chance to promote them.

For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

NitroEdits

kinda bummed that Spider Man didn't get in for best in show, but I guess it's alright, I mean this is the first year where I really gave a shit about e3 so the whole awards thing will still be really fun

Best Musician 2018 For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System Hey, g-give me a boost, Mario. For taking 2nd Place in the 2017 Spooky Poop Contest! User with Coolest Avatars 2017 For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016_2 For having a YouTube Poop being a part of our latest Recommended YouTube Poops listing. (June 2016)

and November 2017 Top 10 Videos of Apr 2016 (Sentence mix-core) For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TyrannosaurusReich

No Doom: Eternal for best in show? :(

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

The Pope

To quote Dunkey, all we got was a JPEG. Same reason why Starlink and ESVI aren't there.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

trepmaws

I don't know what was funnier about the doctor moment in the PC show: Day9's save, or the fact you can hear the techs in the background panicking to fix it. "What's going on with the mic, WHATSGOINGONWITHTHEMIC"

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Posted Nep Nep hentai For staying strike free for 7 years. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Here's to another 4 years before anyone else gets it hooray!

MAZZ0Murder

Whoops, overlooked the Ridley being in SSB one... but battletoads was unexpected too :P

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

GuffKid

Hey, look at that. I did a do.

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

TyrannosaurusReich
20 hours ago, The Pope said:

To quote Dunkey, all we got was a JPEG. Same reason why Starlink and ESVI aren't there.

jUwmkoU.png

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

Biodegradable

N8L0dDM.png

For reaching this poop milestone. Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos YOU'RE YELLOW BWAAAH! GO and KILL! Submitting 100 videos to the Video System User with Coolest Avatars 2017
Friendliest User 2017
Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Best Improving Artist 2018
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Best Writer 2018
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018
Friendliest User 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018
Best Image Editor 2018 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For receiving a candy heart during the Valentine's Day event! For getting 20 awards For meeting LaVie CestLol and ravinrabbid123 For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For taking 1st Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! Congrats! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest I can do it, I can do it 10 times. For staying strike free for 1 year. For The Angry Grandpa Collab. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of May 2016.

and August 2017

and December 2017

and May 2018 FIVE! FIVE TENNIS MATCHES! HA HA HA HA!! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Hey, gimme a boost, Mario. For collecting all the silver cards Best Tenniser 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016
Friendliest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Image Editor 2017
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Best Newcomer 2016
Best Writer 2016
Best Tenniser 2017
Best Writer 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018
Best YouTube Pooper 2018
Best Tenniser 2018 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Regular)
Top 10 Videos of June 2017 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 / Top 10 Videos of June 2017 Congratulations on your first ever Writing Staff article, my friend! :) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

VentXekart

You know, I actually thought Bethesda did a good job this year. I mean besides Fallout 76 they've announced a sequel to the DOOM reboot, a update/expansion to PREY, a new Wolfenstein game that potentially is a co-op game, Elder Scrolls VI, and Starfield. Outside of Bethesda I'm very interested in the new Smash game and I'd love to get my hands on Cyberpunk 2077 when it is finished and whenever I get a new rig that can actually run it.

For staying strike free for 5 years. BWAAAH! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Many doors, yes? Richard Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Cantfly

At the end of the day none of this stuff really matters but I think it's a bit silly that Nintendo has a decent lead in the polls for Best in Show.

I love Nintendo as much as the next guy but their presentation this year was really lacking. Smash Bros is cool and all but is that really enough to carry an entire presentation? I get for some people it was but it really wasn't much as far as bombastic surprises are concerned. We were at least able to curb our enthusiasm in 2016 when they told us they would only showcase Breath of the Wild, but this year they basically did the same thing + a few additional games and people had no issue with it. It just feels like there's plenty of stuff in the works that they could've shown but didn't due to wanting Smash to take the spotlight, and I'm not really okay with that. 

Ultimately I think Microsoft had the most impact on me as far as conferences are concerned but Bethesda was pretty good too all things considered, I think either of those two would be a better contender than Nintendo this year. 

Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

TheBlackWidow

I still don't get why Joseph Gordon Levitt did BGAE 2. At least get someone like Jules DeJongh or the original Jade voice lol. They're both in France so...for consistency
hell even Morgan Webb would have been good since its one of her favorite games

WALLMAN

Cantfly's right. I saw maybe one other game I wanted, that Daemon X Machina. The rest of the Nintendo conference just felt like filler to me.

I thought Bethesda was the winner here. The only games there I didn't want were either an MMO, or for mobile and VR. Everything else was golden, even RAGE. They ALWAYS forget about RAGE

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

Fretless

In terms of conferences that interested the the most, I'd still give it to Nintendo this year. Smash Bros is a system seller for me. Normally I vote for Sony, but not this year, cause they obviously dropped the ball.

In terms of conferences that had a wide variety of content, Microsoft would be the winner in that department. I still don't give a crap about any of their exclusives, but their conference had the most interesting third party content, so they get points for that.

For staying warn free for 9 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

Cantfly

I mean Nintendo usually interests me the most by default, but that's in part the reason why I was disappointed. There were so many differnet titles they could've showcased (I mean aside from the obvious ones pointed out like Retro's new game or a new Animal Crossing, where the hell was the already-announced Yoshi game that they showed footage of a year ago?) but they dedicated half of their showcase to Smash instead. The only first-party surprise that we got from them was Super Mario Party, and while it's cool that it seems to finally be going back to its roots, I wouldn't really call that enough to put Nintendo out on top. Daemon x Machina was cool and I'm interested in it, but that was just one third-party title. 

Microsoft just had the most actual content at their conference. I don't even have a Bone but you have to commend them for premiering a good amount of interesting titles on their stage. After all this time they've finally been able to produce a conference that could grab people's attention in a way that didn't involve laughing at them.

Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

MAZZ0Murder
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:52 AM, The Titan said:

Ubisoft needs to stop with those god awful presentations. It's so cringy to see people talk like that and taking the game that seriously. Normal people don't talk like that. It makes it so painfully difficult to watch and it makes me not care for the game at all.

If they're going ot do team speak and try to be serious... at least do it humorously. I think that would be better.

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats