TheBlackWidow

Guilty Pleasures in Gaming

28 replies to this topic

TheBlackWidow

IDK if this counts. I'm not very good at description. 

What are your guilty pleasures in gaming? Like, is there a particular game you'd never ever let anyone see you play?Do you own a critically panned game? 

(I see you, with your copy of Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. And I know you watch all the softcore gravure girl videos in Yakuza. And you, you with the beard, I know you still own a copy of Superman 64)

Yes I happen to own a Gamecube copy of Catwoman. Game is crap but its fun to kick people into dumpsters and whip them til they get the Yellow Aura of Scaredy Cat and jump into said dumpster/elevator shaft. Plus you also get Jennifer Hale as Halle Berry as Catwoman. And the infamous idle animation.

WALLMAN

My family had too many licensed Gamecube games to count. My little sister bought most of them. Battle for Bikini Bottom was good, others not so much. Shrek, Chicken Little, and Fairly OddParents to name a few.

What with online platforms broadcasting what you play to all your friends, it's hard to keep secrets nowadays. I will admit that I payed full price for Duke Nukem Forever and Evolve. DNF was... ehh. I'm not jumping on the hate bandwagon, but I wouldn't ever play it again. Evolve's base game was really good, but the publishers ruined it by making everything DLC. They desperately made it F2P to keep it afloat, but it didn't work.

And of course, for the people I know IRL, the fact that I played ANY visual novel to completion, let alone one about disabled women, is a secret I am taking to the grave.

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

Heruru Meruru

Style Savvy, Love Nikki, Spore (more so for the creature creation community than the game itself), and Neptunia are the big ones. Strangely, I don't feel any shame about [email protected], Princess Maker or Atelier.

Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For staying warn free for 9 years Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For having a blog entry featured. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos

RCLeahcar

I must admit, I am a sucker for games with a bit of fanservice of female characters (not hentai or anything too erotic, more things along the line of KanColle or Azur Lane). Of all the weeb junk that I do play unashamedly, I never dare play these games in public or when there are other people nearby. This is why I don't play them that much.

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments bubble gum and taffy For collecting all 45 unique candy hearts during the Youchew Valentines 2017 event! EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! For staying strike free for 3 years. You guessed Ravin's mood! Congrats! User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
Friendliest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2017
Most Helpful Member 2018
User with Best Avatars 2018
Friendliest User 2018 For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Whelt

Well, there are a few childhood games that I acknowledge aren't good, but I still like them anyway. DK64 and Glover come to mind. I can also enjoy fanservice, given that the game underneath it is actually worth playing.

Thing is, I don't feel guilty about any of that.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
User with Funniest Avatars 2015
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Fretless

I bought J-Stars Victory Versus on sale solely to play as Bo-bobo. The only anime present in that game that I really like are Bo-bobo and JoJo. Everything else in it, I either don't care about or actively despise.

For staying warn free for 9 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

G ☆
2 hours ago, Whelt said:

Thing is, I don't feel guilty about any of that.

Keep in mind that the term "guilty pleasure" doesn't necessarily entail that you feel literal guilt. I've always seen it more as still being able to enjoy something despite having nothing to objectively praise about it.

OT: I have kind of a love/hate relationship with the No More Heroes games. The art style and writing give off a really sleazy, pretentious, and immature vibe, and the gameplay's mediocre, but I still really dig the "boss rush" format and the music. The second game especially's even more of a guilty pleasure since it has almost none of what I thought was objectively good about the first game, but I still enjoy my time with it to some extent.

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Member with Funniest Posts 2018 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Sentence mix-core) / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Classic) The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Guess. User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018 That's a lot of love! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards DIABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EYELASHES For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards. For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Probo

Mediocre flash launch distance games are a guilty pleasure of mine I indulge in every couple years or so. I suppose there's something oddly satisfying to the very quick sense of progression and upgrading they give.

Sonic Adventure's the big "not actually a good game, but the childhood nostalgia makes me feel good while playing it" example for me.

For staying warn free for 9 years Eat da candy it's a little itchy... For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Lucario For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed background card

Designed cards #6, #13-16, #19-20, #25, #29, #31-33, #36-40, #43-47, #50, #52-54, #57, #59, #62, #65, #68, #70-72, #79, #81, #90, #100

Illustrated card #93 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For getting all the standard ornaments Contributing banners for the Halloween and Christmas skins For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World during our community challenge event. Fine dined on Norwegian escargot. For clearing Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles & Sonic CD during the community challenge event. Way to go! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For taking third place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 1st as "Favorite Staff Member" - 2014 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Best Image Editor 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Most Helpful Member 2015
Most Helpful Member 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew, Best Image Editor, and Best Artist, Spirit of YouChew Award 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Favorite Staff Member 2015 Oh yeah that reminds me, I bought 5 of each while awards were down For making the Hulkamania and GreenSwampWarrior banners. Placing #4 in the Wheel Gator Speed Run. Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived. Here's to the start of a wonderful career. Cheers. Congrats on your masterpiece. For winning second place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

10/31/11 - For coming in 1st in the Halloween costume contest. Your drawing was voted the best!
For drawing an awesome Ford image!

P-Dash

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest for me since it was the first JRPG I ever beat and just really enjoy how simple it is. I never fully understood the hate for it.

Tales Of Symphonia: Dawn Of the New World is another. I love the monster collecting gimmick they added and I appreciate the lack of an overworld. Tales Of games have notorious shit overworlds and I'm glad it's menu based in the sequel. This is another game that I don't really understand the hate it got. I honestly like it more that the original TOS.

Best Improving Artist 2018 Super Metroid complete Super Metroid early Reserve Tank Metroid Prime 100% For staying strike free for 7 years. For collecting all the silver cards Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the bronze cards Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Nice Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years and stronger, too Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years October 2012 - Overall October 2012 - "Dragin' Ballz 2 : The Collectable Card Game Killing Spree " (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

TheBlackWidow

Disney Interactive Storybooks on PC. I freaking loved them. I still play them. I don't care lol. Nostalgia can't die

There needs to be more games where you can click the words and make funny sentences.

Extrenor

My guilty pleasure?

Now i don't wanna get anyone scared at this point, but i like games like DOOM or Hotline Miami, because i like hurting people that are my enemies, sometimes people would spare the life of their enemies, but i dont see it like that, they are your enemies for a reason

Sorry, but its just part of me 😛 (No, im not like this in real life)

For staying strike free for 1 year.

CrazyJoeDavola

The Karate Kid for the NES. Of course the controls are dreadful, but they're strangely endearing to me. 

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos February 2013 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TheBlackWidow

Freaky Flyers for GCN aka Stereotypes Can Be Fun: Dumbed Down Wacky Races Edition

Ppl like Margaret Basher and Tracie Torpedoes and Cactus Rose....and this one Jamaican guy who wears a barrel. I'm not making this shit up

Fretless
15 hours ago, TheBlackWidow said:

Freaky Flyers for GCN aka Stereotypes Can Be Fun: Dumbed Down Wacky Races Edition

Ppl like Margaret Basher and Tracie Torpedoes and Cactus Rose....and this one Jamaican guy who wears a barrel. I'm not making this shit up

I got that game too. Except I don't think Island Jack is wearing a barrel, but a sort of dress made from his own dreadlocks.

For staying warn free for 9 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 E3 Bingo 2015 "Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. Getting 3rd in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest!

TheBlackWidow
9 hours ago, Fretless said:

I got that game too. Except I don't think Island Jack is wearing a barrel, but a sort of dress made from his own dreadlocks.

EL DIABLO CHIQUITA YAAAAAHHHHH

God what was I thinking playing this as a kid.

Catwoman is worth it for the awful graphics and Canadian accents alone. Also dat idle animation. Its actually one of the reasons im glad im not straight because id not want to be turned on. Graphics wise the animation does look good for 2004

I'm just laughing its Jennifer Hale and Halle Berry as Catwoman. Like they're using both to voice her. Weirdest shit ever (like you can tell its Halle in level select,  Jen in cutscenes)

trepmaws

Final Fantasy X-2 is such a mixed bag. You got dumb writing and annoying characters that try to bring humor to a setting that severely lacked it in the first installment (and you'd think with FFX's awkward voice acting and presentation that it would be better suited to campy fun than a dramatic storyline), and unfortunately it ends up kinda dumping on it instead. Really did feel embarrassed for the game at times. On the other hand, you got a combat system that's actually a good bit of fun and managed to suck me in pretty well, while also being completely different from the previous game in a way that made the experience still feel fresh despite the recycled world and enemies. Plus there was a lot of replay value and extras to look for, both in individual chapters (thanks in no small part to the airship being available from the beginning this time) and on subsequent New Game+ runs. Can't say I'm too torn up about never getting 100% completion, but still, time well spent if you ask me.

Castlevania 64 was kind of a bag of dicks, but it was my bag of dicks, and it knew how to set up an atmosphere I loved running around in.

Also, what I played of Sakura Dungeon was actually kind of fun. Straightforward dungeon crawler with turn-based RPG battles and monster girls, I saw no downside there.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Posted Nep Nep hentai For staying strike free for 7 years. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Here's to another 4 years before anyone else gets it hooray!

TheBlackWidow

Don't really know if this counts but playing evil in video games for the hell of it. Running over ppl in GTA, making evil decisions in Bioware games, murdering Sims just for the hell of it. Guilty as charged. Lol

WALLMAN

Oh god, I just remembered... not only did my sister own Pokemon Channel, but I helped her beat it. There was so little game, I'm not even sure I'm in the right forum section.

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

Heruru Meruru

Those Kitty Powers dating games. The Bees McBees ones.

They're exceedingly stupid (the nerd characters talk in a way that makes The Big Bang Theory seem realistic, for one), but they seem to revel in their own stupidity and they're kinda fun as a casual timewaster.

...Also I still play Neopets. That, too.

Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For staying warn free for 9 years Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For having a blog entry featured. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos

Whelt

These days I've been enjoying easier, chill games more so than super hardcore challenges. I just get frustrated by too much difficulty. And I dunno, I guess I'm past the point when I feel like I have anything to prove. Fire Emblem Fates Conquest on Hard probably broke me.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
User with Funniest Avatars 2015
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!