Sign in to follow this  
RabbitSnore

Restoring the old forum and the Chewiki

133 replies to this topic

zoc
OK how about we get like one of those free forum builder sites and make a backup forum using it and announce it on this website that if ever this forum stops working to go there.

We have PF. That should have been open while the forum was in repair.

oh.

fuck.

what's the url?

http://www.planetfreedom.freeforums.org

User with Funniest Signatures 2017
Friendliest User 2018 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

theHappyFungus

I love you rabbitsnore *e-hug* okay i donated.

For being on the Vanilla forums for 100 days before it was shut down Because you were one of us, one of us, you mean and green namey thing

MilkR0und
Brak Obama for '08!

brakobama.png

let me guess, 4chan?

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 234 days before it was shut down

PapaGonzales
Brak Obama for '08!

brakobama.png

let me guess, 4chan?

No, I made that myself.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year November 2011 - red dirt penis Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 33 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 33 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 233 days before it was shut down Hoorah, Tennis League champion!

MAZZ0Murder

Well all costs add up..I may be able to donate...but IDK where'd I'd donate to =/

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

Thereisnospoon303

INCOMING PERSONAL OPINION. DROP ALTITUDE.

Honestly, I would prefer to drop the Chewiki. To me, it really became a place for old fads and 4chan memes to fester. I went through it a few times way back when the thing was being hosted by Conrad and it didn't appear to have any practical use. Yes, the Chewiki is sort of a playground for members to fuck around with topics and what not. However, in my opinion, that's not worth shelling out $100. Maintaining the front page and forum is more important as the two are integral to this community's continuation.

Of course, this is my opinion. I've left the final decision up to Rabbit. If he thinks we can raise enough money or that the Chewiki can be supported by other means, I've given him permission to go ahead. I'm just not keen on shelling out more money for something that is not necessary.

You can be upset with me. I don't mind too much. I just want to be straightforward with all of you.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 258 days before it was shut down You went to Ohayocon with all those other goons. Good man. For service. SuperYoshi article Poopcast, interview. Helping out on the front page. Good boy. Well. You do own the place. Funniest short story in Rabbit's contest.

seanvol

Honestly, I would prefer to drop the Chewiki. To me, it really became a place for old fads and 4chan memes to fester. I went through it a few times way back when the thing was being hosted by Conrad and it didn't appear to have any practical use. Yes, the Chewiki is sort of a playground for members to fuck around with topics and what not. However, in my opinion, that's not worth shelling out $100. Maintaining the front page and forum is more important as the two are integral to this community's continuation.

Of course, this is my opinion. I've left the final decision up to Rabbit. If he thinks we can raise enough money or that the Chewiki can be supported by other means, I've given him permission to go ahead. I'm just not keen on shelling out more money for something that is not necessary.

You can be upset with me. I don't mind too much. I just want to be straightforward with all of you.

chewiki was fun though you have to admit. but yeah it's not necessarry

"Best Artist" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years I'm Spiderman. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 113 days before it was shut down

MilkR0und

Drop the chewiki and put vanilla back

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 234 days before it was shut down

TyranosaurusSumo

I'd stay with PHPBB, even though I liked Vanilla.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 173 days before it was shut down

Thereisnospoon303

You mean archived? We'll try. Rabbit said (and I can attest to his statement) that Vanilla is a bitch and a half to deal with.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 258 days before it was shut down You went to Ohayocon with all those other goons. Good man. For service. SuperYoshi article Poopcast, interview. Helping out on the front page. Good boy. Well. You do own the place. Funniest short story in Rabbit's contest.

MilkR0und

You mean archived? We'll try. Rabbit said (and I can attest to his statement) that Vanilla is a bitch and a half to deal with.

iuno, i just liked vanilla because it made the forum stand out and feel different

now we look like every god damn frikin maplestory message board

Wukavu

I would love to donate, but my parents won't let me use there credit cards until school is out. Hopefully I will be able to donate in a few weeks.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Enjoy your Kirby!

RabbitSnore

It frustrates me to read some of the comments here so I will try to be as deathly clear as I can.

-The Chewiki's backup still exists and could be restored quickly.

-The server in its current state cannot accommodate the Chewiki or any other major site additions.

-The Chewiki is non-essential.

-We are not dropping this place for a free forum site. That would forfeit all kinds of services, including customization and essentials such as the news page.

-The Vanilla forum's backup exists but cannot be restored without substantial work.

-The database storage system for Vanilla is the software equivalent to being beaten with a reed fifty times per minute for eight months.

-Vanilla crashed on our server before it was even active.

-Vanilla crashed on my local machine while I was testing the software.

-Vanilla's stability is compromised by having HTML switched on.

-Vanilla's stability is compromised by having users posting on it.

-Vanilla's support team consists of a handful of people commenting about how some available themes could only appeal to 8 year olds.

-Vanilla has the uncanny ability to embed itself into a server like a tick and not have any tools for restoration.

-For the analogically impaired, Vanilla is terrible software.

-The old forum was fun, but there is no way in hell I'm going to let this site use that software actively again.

-In order to have the chance to restore anything, the Chewiki and the old forum as an archive included, we're going to need lots of money.

-Rabbit and TINS do not have lots of money.

-Collectively, the members of the site have lots of money.

-It would be extremely helpful to have a small slice of that collective money to pay for an upgrade.

-Even if we can't afford it, no one should be particularly worried, since this server works fine, and it's fun even without the Chewiki.

Sorry for all the condescension and sarcasm, but some of the comments in here lead me to believe that either I was unclear, or people aren't paying attention.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS For being on the Vanilla forums for 194 days before it was shut down For Ohayocon! Ohaaaaayoo! More like test-icles lol<br />
<br />
My test bunny. :3 My brother in arms...my 5 hour energy at 4 in the morning. Thanks for everything. LOU<br />
<br />
LOU ALBANO Sonic luvers 4ever. Hell yeah. For taking part. Keanu... From strongbad, who loved your match with Moogle. 25, holy fuck. 10 matches. 5 matches. You've been a very good rabbit. Big Boss salutes you, a true patriot. You should have wrote half of them...it would look a lot better... Poopcast, interview, countless other things. I think this award should be your face. Only, a bunny, and not Big Bird. Thanks for all the news, past and present. You deserve about a million of these, buddy. For winning the Great YouChew Cooking Contest!

TheDumbening

I would donate $50, but my mom doesnt want to register for paypal, since she has the credit card

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 283 days before it was shut down

randomcontributor

What about a money order? Are we allowed to do money orders?

Also, we don't need Chewiki. It's fun and all, but if it costs a pretty penny, don't have it.

For staying warn free for 9 years For meeting Markie! For getting 20 awards Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years March 2012 - "SOME ASIAN GUYS FIGHT OVER A ROOM KEY" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos December 2011 - Regular, Overall, Classic For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Well done, Link. For being on the Vanilla forums for 72 days before it was shut down 25 poops in the showroom. For uploading 5 YTP's in the Showroom.

RabbitSnore

Money order....?

I think that'd be a bit problematic. Paypal is much, much easier to work with.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS For being on the Vanilla forums for 194 days before it was shut down For Ohayocon! Ohaaaaayoo! More like test-icles lol<br />
<br />
My test bunny. :3 My brother in arms...my 5 hour energy at 4 in the morning. Thanks for everything. LOU<br />
<br />
LOU ALBANO Sonic luvers 4ever. Hell yeah. For taking part. Keanu... From strongbad, who loved your match with Moogle. 25, holy fuck. 10 matches. 5 matches. You've been a very good rabbit. Big Boss salutes you, a true patriot. You should have wrote half of them...it would look a lot better... Poopcast, interview, countless other things. I think this award should be your face. Only, a bunny, and not Big Bird. Thanks for all the news, past and present. You deserve about a million of these, buddy. For winning the Great YouChew Cooking Contest!

Pullahoko

-Even if we can't afford it, no one should be particularly worried, since this server works fine, and it's fun even without the Chewiki.

Well, thank goodness. Because as much as I like this place, I don't want to donate for something I never use, and something I don't care about.

Vanilla - it's a site layout. Get used to this one. Simple.

Chewiki - I still don't get the big draw. You could write a fake newspaper about yourself and get the same effect.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 283 days before it was shut down THANKS FOR BEING SO GOOD Thanks, Hoko.

PapaGonzales

Even though we need to drop some site areas to maintain enough disk space, I believe the one thing that should be salvaged at all costs would have to be the News Archive. It's like our very own time capsule, if we lost that, we'd lose every bit of history that was recorded ever since the site started.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year November 2011 - red dirt penis Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 33 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 33 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 233 days before it was shut down Hoorah, Tennis League champion!

TheDumbening

How about this?

If we could donate more money for a better server and/or hard drive would it be possible to put back the vanilla software?

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 283 days before it was shut down

Sign in to follow this