Dillrod90

General Music Chat

1,208 replies to this topic

Doom

The city of Den Bosch gets turned into a jazz festival for a weekend each year, and this is the third time I went there for the occasion. I saw Al di Meola, who's one of my biggest guitar heroes, and got a signed CD from him after the show!

For completing 10 matches. For staying strike free for 5 years. Lucario Best Musician 2016
Best Musician 2017 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For having a blog featured Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Whoa! You completed five. Here you go! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years August 2014 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest November 2012 - "Pay up." (Overall, Brain rape/Rape-core) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos

ThirtyTwelve

who listens to john maus here?

Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Dec 2016_2 (Sentence mix-core) Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016_2 For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Nozdordomu

Oh man, the new Fleet Foxes was just as good I was expecting - maybe even better. Probably my favorite album of the year so far next to DAMN., though it hasn't been one of my favorite years for new music overall.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

TheOneManBoxOffice

Last night, I went to the Roger Waters concert down in Portland, and man, was it kickass. He played selections from Dark Side of the MoonMeddleAnimalsWish You Were Here, and The Wall, to name a few, and it ended with one of the coolest effects I've seen in a concert...

BEvCX8Q.jpg

Yep. A laser prism. That in itself is a "FUCK YEAH!" moment.

Pleeeease, your omnipotence... have mercy! For Grounder's sake HE MENTIONED IT! User with Coolest Signatures 2017

User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017 Best Writer 2017 That's how I beat Shaq! ... Wait EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! Lucario For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the gold cards For completing the original Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Hey, g-give me a boost Mario. Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2016 You want it? MMMMMM...it's yours, my friend! Bringing on joestrange8 Share a Coke with YouChew For writing 10330 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

kingplatypus

Anyone ever listen to the Late Night Tales series of compilation albums? They're a pretty great way of introducing yourself to a bunch of new artists.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For clearing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event & placing 5th in our Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For having your blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down Here you go! For unique dedication to the... rabbit... girl scorpion things. Oh look, what clever users. Kingplatypus: Bulletproof.

Nozdordomu

The new Arcade Fire album might be the most disappointing of the year. I hate literally all of the singles they've put out for it, and most of the positive comments are people accusing the haters of disliking any and all change. I think if people actually stepped back from the damn thing, they'd see it's weaker than their other albums.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

fishtitan
1 hour ago, Nozdordomu said:

The new Arcade Fire album might be the most disappointing of the year. I hate literally all of the singles they've put out for it, and most of the positive comments are people accusing the haters of disliking any and all change. I think if people actually stepped back from the damn thing, they'd see it's weaker than their other albums.

Shit, I didn't even know they had a new album until I saw this post. I liked their soundtrack that they did for Her, but I don't remember much about what I've heard from their other discography. How would you say the new album pales in comparison to their other stuff?

Best Newcomer 2017 For being part of the Recommended Poops of March 2017 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017

Nozdordomu
10 hours ago, fishtitan said:

Shit, I didn't even know they had a new album until I saw this post. I liked their soundtrack that they did for Her, but I don't remember much about what I've heard from their other discography. How would you say the new album pales in comparison to their other stuff?

Well first off, give their first three albums a listen, they're definitely worth your time. You also might like Reflektor, though it's not my favorite (and the last song is from Her, to boot).

Anyway, the stuff from the new album has this goofy disco-ish sound that I don't like at all. They've flirted with disco before, but they did it a lot better on songs like "Sprawl II" and "Afterlife." Now it just sounds corny, not to mention instantly dated. And the songwriting is a lot weaker, too, and the vocals are really annoying, which isn't a problem I've ever had with Arcade Fire's music until now. I'm kind of amazed that so many people actually like the new stuff, but it's all opinions anyway, and I don't think it's going to go down in history as one of their best records.

Best Writer 2016 

youngbloodfantasy

I personally like the new King Gizzard and the Lizzard Wizzard album, Flying Microtonal Banana.

For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year. July 2013 - Overall, Classic

AGSMA

Oh shit, Máscaras have released a new album, their very first one available on Bandcamp.

And it's a damn good one. A tad short but with some excelent tracks.

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

banana cult

the mountain goats did a new interview today, but the host is speaking dutch, and John isn't, so it's really weirdly stilted and kind of awkward?

but i'll listen to john read the fucking phone book, honestly, so i dont mind, really

For staying strike free for 1 year. For collecting all the bronze cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Rey_
2 hours ago, banana cult said:

the mountain goats did a new interview today, but the host is speaking dutch, and John isn't, so it's really weirdly stilted and kind of awkward?

but i'll listen to john read the fucking phone book, honestly, so i dont mind, really

That reminds me of this interview:

For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For staying strike free for 1 year. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

banana cult

holy shit thats painfully awkward

For staying strike free for 1 year. For collecting all the bronze cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Rey_

the funny thing is it's more the interviewers fault, he really didn't know how to interview with a band like that

For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For staying strike free for 1 year. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

fishtitan

Speaking of the Mountain Goats tho, I was just thinking about looking into the rest of their backlog, because stuff from Goths has been coming up on my shuffle pretty often lately. I'm gonna come back to Come To The Sunset Tree (no pun intended) when I can find the time.

Best Newcomer 2017 For being part of the Recommended Poops of March 2017 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017

banana cult

i really really really really love Goths. i can understand why people dislike it - i absolutely hated Andrew Eldritch is Moving Back to Leeds when it first came out, and then a few days later I couldn't get it out of my head and it just kind of got stuck there. But Rain in Soho is my fucking jam, i cannot ever skip it. as a real-life alternative young person, i very much relate to this album about alternative young people. who woulda thunk

also, speaking of the goats - i was given tickets to their Raleigh show happening in december way back in july by my dad as a gift, and we would see them together... but i just realized i'm not going to be living here in december. fuck me. they're really good seats too, a row behind the orchestra pit. i'll find a way, i guess.

the carolina theatre is so beautiful. i went there once in high school for a field trip, and remembered thinking it was the nicest place i'd ever set foot in at the time. returning there to see what is probably my favorite band of all time, and especially as an adult... i'm unbelievably excited. unless someone fucking restrains me im gonna find a way to attend this goddamn concert

fishtitan

People didn't like Goths? Hmm. I did feel a little underwhelmed the first few times I listened to it, but it's definitely grown on me. And yeah, Rain in Soho is definitely one of the best on the album.

Also, I went and listened to Sunset Tree this morning. I already cemented This Year and Up The Wolves as favorites of mine, but I like the rest of the album a lot (except that UUUUOORGH sound effect or whatever the fuck that was at 1:48 of Lion's Teeth. That needed to stop).

Rey_

New Godspeed song sounds fuckin awesome.