• Announcements

• Whelt

Regarding the recent update   07/20/2017

As you may be aware, the forum software underwent an update that turned out to be somewhat buggy. We rolled back the update for now, and will plan on making a more smooth transition later on in the future. In the meantime, you may notice the forum loading slowly as a lot of processes are running right now. We ask for your continued patience, and apologize for any inconvenience.
The Stick

Bad/Weird/Cheesy/Forgettable/Worst Cartoons

3,362 posts in this topic

On 6/28/2017 at 7:57 AM, Ferg said:

China is easily the worst offender for the most bootleg-y country ever.

Man that's an understatement. China bootlegs fucking anything and everything and a lot of their national laws say that, if you want to market your product inside China, you have to hand over your blueprints/design documents/etc to the country so they can distribute it to their own manufacturers and pretty much undermine your product... using a cheaper knockoff of your own product.

China's days are numbered though. They've gotten so big so fast because of a huge stream of rural migrants washing into cities to work in factories over the last 30 years, but now those migrants are drying up and China is about to lose its expendable labor force. It's something that is literally going to change the entire world.

For writing the guest article "What is a Musical Leitmotif and How Do You Use It?" Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For being on the Vanilla forums for 107 days before it was shut down

I'm not very surprised that a North Korean propaganda film received a dub. There are Juche apologists outside of North Korea, so I imagine that the dubbing company made it with them in mind, assuming that they have ties to the North Korean government and they weren't just shamelessly doing it for money. 

However, I'm not sure why Italy would allow a company with apparent ties to North Korea to operate like this in the first place. 

You've GOT to be kidding Best Writer 2017 Millhouse, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you want ME more than you want this award. Season 2 For collecting all the silver cards For meeting Dark Fox! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For having a blog featured For collecting all the bronze cards Best Writer 2016 For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For releasing an article about the journey of entering the Navy. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year