• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
Billion

General Vegas FAQ Thread

730 replies to this topic

McMaNGOS   
McMaNGOS
As much as I hate being "that guy", this thread needs a music syncing tutorial.

I'm going to write one, eventually.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 202 days before it was shut down Hi it's Dop with the Slap Chop For taking part. 10. Dinner 5 OOOOH WRETCHED CHILD pingas Interview for one second collab. Thanks for the cookehs!

XBR4D3NX   
XBR4D3NX

CTRL + U to unbound or bound or whatever a video clip and an audio clip.

For being on the Vanilla forums for 141 days before it was shut down

Billion   
Billion
It's not that hard, IMO. You just have to pay attention with what you're listening to, and what you have to sync to it.

Don't forget add "masking FAQ".
I don't even know how to use Masking. You're more then free to write it and I'll post it.
Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For having a blog entry featured. User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years March 2014 - Classic You won! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down For uploading 5 videos into the Showroom. For completing at least 5 YTP Tennis matches. Gee, there sure is no time around here! My sword's for dinner.
YOU GET COOKIE

MASTERFURRYX   
MASTERFURRYX
It's not that hard, IMO. You just have to pay attention with what you're listening to, and what you have to sync to it.

Don't forget add "masking FAQ".
I don't even know how to use Masking. You're more then free to write it and I'll post it.

Ok, I'll see what I can do.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Dedede will be fucking in your ass

MASTERFURRYX   
MASTERFURRYX

Ok here's what I wrote on "Masking"

General description:

Masking is copping a video clip and still having a part of a video masked. Please note: This only works if you Vegas 5 or 7 and the Professional versions works too.

How to use:

Click on the pan/crop button on your imported video or image, next cilck on the "mask" checkmark box then click on "Anchor creation tool" to mask out the video or image you selected.

Now you need to draw around what object but it's not like drawing in paint you need click and click again and you'll see the dots connect, when your done masking around like a shape of a box you'll see the masked video or image is still and everything else will turn black expect the video or image.

Note: When you masked only one keyframe it doesn't lock on automatically the video or image you masked you need to still mask by one keyframe at a time.

For information click on these Tutorials:

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Dedede will be fucking in your ass

Billion   
Billion

Alright, I added your tutorial, tFM. I'll add yours too, Kortez.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For having a blog entry featured. User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years March 2014 - Classic You won! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down For uploading 5 videos into the Showroom. For completing at least 5 YTP Tennis matches. Gee, there sure is no time around here! My sword's for dinner.
YOU GET COOKIE

MASTERFURRYX   
MASTERFURRYX
Alright, I added your tutorial, tFM. I'll add yours too, Kortez.

Thank you and no problem.

Arti!   
Arti!

okay how the hell do I pitchshift without it saving a wav file

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Kortez   
Kortez

use the - and + keys

Billion   
Billion
Thanks, Billion. Now we know!

the_more_you_know.jpg

Dah dah dah daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh

YOU GET COOKIE

Billion   
Billion
I'm going to post an angry reaction image, alright?
YOU GET COOKIE

TyranosaurusSumo   
TyranosaurusSumo

I can't even get the video to load. Whenever I drag a video file into the editor, it appears as audio only, and Vegas locks up whenever I try to preview the file. Happens with every single video file I have on my computer.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 173 days before it was shut down

toadsalsa   
toadsalsa
I can't even get the video to load. Whenever I drag a video file into the editor, it appears as audio only, and Vegas locks up whenever I try to preview the file. Happens with every single video file I have on my computer.

What format is the video in? If it's in AVI format, that could be the issue. If so, try converting the video to WMV format.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 2 days before it was shut down

TyranosaurusSumo   
TyranosaurusSumo

What format is the video in? If it's in AVI format, that could be the issue. If so, try converting the video to WMV format.

Yeah, it's avi. Does Vegas have problems with avi files? It's going to be a bitch to convert all my sources to wmv.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 173 days before it was shut down

toadsalsa   
toadsalsa

Yeah, it's avi. Does Vegas have problems with avi files? It's going to be a bitch to convert all my sources to wmv.

Unfortunately yes, Vegas doesn't run AVI files that well. What I would suggest is that you download Any Video Converter and batch convert your source videos to WMV format. It'll take a while (more or less depending on video length, quality, etc.) and it'll lag your computer like a bitch, but it's efficient.
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 2 days before it was shut down

Seligsuper   
Seligsuper

Chroma Keying Tutorial:

Chroma Keying is basically masking or green screening, made easy using Vegas, please note that I use Sony Vegas 7 to edit my videos, so if you have a different version of Vegas, it may not work the same.

First, take the section of video or image that you want to Chroma Key and right click on it.

Select Video Event FX.

Then, add in the block that says "Sony Chroma Keyer".

Press the "OK" button in the top left hand corner.

A window should come up with a colour selecter and several other tools.

Move to the colour selecter and move the target box to the very bottom, so that the R, G and B all say '0'.

Now, select the eyedropper tool and click on the background that you want to greenscreen.

Scroll down the window and check the box that says "Show Mask Only".

Now, fix the Low and High Threshold adjusters until the foreground is completely white and the background is black.

Uncheck the "Show Mask Only" box and you should have a good picture. After this is done, drag in another video section and layer it underneath the chromakeyed video.

It will take a while, but once you understand it, it'll stay for a while.