• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
Billion

General Vegas FAQ Thread

730 replies to this topic

Girla PurpleHeart   
Girla PurpleHeart

Hey guys, I have a question for you: What are the best templates to render your videos on Vegas 13? I tried to test out some mp4 files, but one of them that got rendered made the files way too big and made the video quality bad if I shrink the file size. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know, because I want the video quality to be good and the file size small. Thanks!

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years 5 Completed Matches! *Victory Chime*  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos You participated in ten collaborations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 36 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 239 days before it was shut down

GSgiraffes   
GSgiraffes
On 3/11/2017 at 11:42 PM, Girla PurpleHeart said:

Hey guys, I have a question for you: What are the best templates to render your videos on Vegas 13? I tried to test out some mp4 files, but one of them that got rendered made the files way too big and made the video quality bad if I shrink the file size. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know, because I want the video quality to be good and the file size small. Thanks!

Internet HD 720p is probably the lowest file size you can get without diminishing the video quality.

Also, I have a question: How can can I edit with Vegas in 3d (like a "z" axis for rotation/panning)? What plugins do I need in order to do that? Or do I have to get after effects?

Hey, gimme a boost, Mario! Hey. You should have this again! For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! 

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of August 2017 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Jul 2016 (YTPMV)

Girla PurpleHeart   
Girla PurpleHeart
5 hours ago, GSgiraffes said:

Internet HD 720p is probably the lowest file size you can get without diminishing the video quality.

OK, I've give it a try. Thank you!

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years 5 Completed Matches! *Victory Chime*  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos You participated in ten collaborations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 36 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 239 days before it was shut down

truteal   
truteal

What is the easiest way to make an image/video spin?

For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

MemeKirisame   
MemeKirisame

I have a very big problem that I can't fix. Whenever I play a file the audio glitches out or cuts off for a nanosecond sometimes. This happens all the time. Can anyone fix this glitch, please?

Also, there's another problem where the clip slips out a bit and makes my stutter loops or sentence mixing mess up. I unchecked the settings to close files and audio when it's not active, but I don't know if the clip would still slip or not.

Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

YTPNerdette   
YTPNerdette

(not really related to Vegas but a similar product) Heeeeeelp, my Movie Studio Platinum stopped supporting rendering in .wmv after all this time of me using it :/ What shall I do?

IMPA Oh my goodness Submitting 25 videos to the Video System BUBBLE GUM AND TAFFY For collecting all of the candy hearts! I'm glad I caught your status update, cheers! For staying strike free for 1 year. It's got YOU written all over it! For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016
Best Newcomer 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 (Sentence mix-core) Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Mackenzie   
Mackenzie

My Vegas keeps "expanding track layers" on its own (sometimes clicking just about anything on the channel is enough to prompt it), is there any way to prevent it from happening automatically?

Metroid wall clipping If a picture is worth a thousand words,  does 100 image posts make it a visual novel? For having 10,000 words in blog entries! For getting 20 awards Spare change ma'am? Mmmm... Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 5 years. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Apr 2016 For getting in the Bronze Tier donation group Best Image Editor 2015
Best Image Editor 2016 I wonder what's for dinner Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For Five Illustrious Matches Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year You're a regular John Kerry May 2012 - "Break Bandicoot" (YTPMV) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

MemeKirisame   
MemeKirisame

Are you talking about the "Advanced Edit Mode", or the "Expand Track Layers?"

MemeKirisame   
MemeKirisame

Well I don't know how to do that. Sorry.

MemeKirisame   
MemeKirisame

OT: My vegas project became slow and the memory has gone up to a million. Can anyone help me, because I can't continue if it gets worse.