Futures Passed

The Musician's Lounge

3,341 replies to this topic

Liebermintz
So, for your enjoyment and possible critique, here's The Malkmusian:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mmiowiijztc

I'm having computer problems so I'm gonna restart it in a few minutes; I'll download after that.

I'm not usually a fan of stream-of-consciousness music, but I'll give it a shot.

Also, you probably shouldn't call it your first "studio" album. What will you claim your first album produced in a studio is?

My first album released on a label.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Best Musician 2016 For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For songmaking during the '11 Festival
For outstanding achievement in achievement! For taking pa-a-a-aaaaaaaart. Well done Link! You won! For news staff writings.

Futures Passed
Next, I might do a forum-wide cover of D. C. Simpson's Shiver, with Gasmask, possibly Futures and Ing, and hopefully Miss10 and some other Internet celebrities

Forgot to reply to this as well.

Sounds like a cool idea. I'll have to give that album a good listen or two and decide what song I'd be able to do best. I'd like to mix things up a bit and give the song some more power, though electric guitar often needs some drums to work well at that point. I was thinking of doing "If I Can't Get To London" but I generally don't like picking the most popular song when something like this happens.

Also, you probably shouldn't call it your first "studio" album. What will you claim your first album produced in a studio is?

My first album released on a label.

It's possible to get some studio time without a label. I have my own mini studio I work in; its where I record during a poopcast or for analog music tracks.

(Late 2006) How I used to work:

l_0f8dd992f56614faf35d077688412756.jpg

(Early 2009) My current situation:

Studio2.png

For staying strike free for 5 years. For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being a perfect little boy.

Liebermintz
Next, I might do a forum-wide cover of D. C. Simpson's Shiver, with Gasmask, possibly Futures and Ing, and hopefully Miss10 and some other Internet celebrities

Forgot to reply to this as well.

Sounds like a cool idea. I'll have to give that album a good listen or two and decide what song I'd be able to do best. I'd like to mix things up a bit and give the song some more power, though electric guitar often needs some drums to work well at that point. I was thinking of doing "If I Can't Get To London" but I generally don't like picking the most popular song when something like this happens.

I'll record basic tracks and do vocal overdubs.

I tabbed the album and it's not in the shimmery sound as you hear on the album.

BTW, did you see the review on the YCP news page?

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Best Musician 2016 For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For songmaking during the '11 Festival
For outstanding achievement in achievement! For taking pa-a-a-aaaaaaaart. Well done Link! You won! For news staff writings.

FlipJick

Also, what kind of lounge doesn't have FUCKING COCKTAILS? WHAT THE FUCK?

Nobody asked nicely yet.

Bump you, ya bumping grasshole!

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Futures Passed

The shimmery sound is a guitar thing, not a chord thing. I'm sure my 12-string acoustic could outshine his quite a bit. You're gonna have to release them as multitracks though, since you can't take every track's vocal and guitar parts. Even if you did, the collab wouldn't be very diverse.

Of course! I'm a front page staff guy myself. I wouldn't want a poopcast I was in to be ignored.

Bump you, ya bumping grasshole!

I'll assume that's the nicest you can be, and give you this:

foto-cocktail.jpg

For staying strike free for 5 years. For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being a perfect little boy.

Liebermintz

The shimmery sound is a guitar thing, not a chord thing. I'm sure my 12-string acoustic could outshine his quite a bit. You're gonna have to release them as multitracks though, since you can't take every track's vocal and guitar parts. Even if you did, the collab wouldn't be very diverse.

Cool.

I might as well record the guitar parts after dinner and send them to you as a RAR. From there, you can add guitar lines and even add some vocals on a few songs.

strong414bad

if you ever need someone to do a terrible low-quality a capella track, you know who to call.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS For being on the Vanilla forums for 244 days before it was shut down Again, for taking p-a-aaaart. For t-t-t-t-taking paaart TEEEEN FIVE GEWD. WMM tourney! Great! News articles here and there.

FlipJick

if you ever have an invisible man sleeping in your bed, you know who to call.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Liebermintz

if you ever have an invisible man sleeping in your bed, you know who to call.

KEEP THIS NIGGER-BOY RUNNING

Emperor Ing

Workin' on a peace of video-game esque music... The only title I could come up with is the unimaginative "Showdown". Nothing cooler.

But I'll be darned if it is not one of the more catchy and well-made things I have done.

Back when I REALLY wanted to be a VG game composer, I came up with a lot of melodies for boss fight songs (after all, that's the best part of a OST, right? In my eyes, anyway).

I think I will make an album consisting of such songs.

Heck a lot of songs I have created are intended in some form for video-games.

Now I just need to find that accordion soundfont...

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 67 days before it was shut down http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/20616-the-comparative-history-of-the-svirean-people/ For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For doing something awesome, I dunno. THANKS FOR THE HELP, BROTHER Thanks for participating. Awarded to you as a member of the team Windows Movie Maker Miscreants for emerging victorious in the tennis season! Congratulations on the result of your teamwork, skill and endurance! For taking part. Tennis Fuck Choice award. you did it my boy, you won. the birds, how beautifully they sing in the pit.<br />
<br />
it is indeed clean. ing vs moogle was one of the best tennis matches i have watched, so you sir, get one of the hardest awards on the site For 10 For 5! The most well behaved giant tentacle dark ballsack to ever live. For service. Ribbit! Something about Tennis. For Best Overall Character in Rabbit's Character Study Contest.

Futures Passed
I might as well record the guitar parts after dinner and send them to you as a RAR. From there, you can add guitar lines and even add some vocals on a few songs.

Sounds good. Do you mean today?

Back when I REALLY wanted to be a VG game composer, I came up with a lot of melodies for boss fight songs. After all, that's the best part of an OST, right? In my eyes, anyway.

I've always been fond of the space level songs with their use high notes. The "Treble is for pussies, bass is badass" mentality has done a good job making these types of tracks harder to find, though. Boss fights would be second on my list though; their dramatic sound and often nervous beat make for some cool tunes.

I'll be looking forward to that album/compilation.

strong414bad

i've always really enjoyed first level tunes when done right- they're often some of the most memorable songs in the game since they're the first ones you hear in gameplay.

and of course boss songs are second.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS For being on the Vanilla forums for 244 days before it was shut down Again, for taking p-a-aaaart. For t-t-t-t-taking paaart TEEEEN FIVE GEWD. WMM tourney! Great! News articles here and there.

almightyseancore

Studio2.png

i hate you.

i want that.

our drummer worked at a rock school, so we practiced and recorded there. they had a pretty decent studio, er, garage with a sound booth and lots of mics. we made our album demo thing there.

all the albums i've made at home i did live with a computer mic and audacity.

some of my earliest stuff was even done on tape.

i'm gay like that.

Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos

Billion

I'm starting to compile an experimental album and have made 3 songs, one 7-minute one that I plan on extending into a guitar portion, so hopefully when it's done it should be 12 minutes or so.

I have one question that I need to confirm, if I plug in a guitar into the Line In and add an effects pedal between, will it pick up the effects or what?

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For having a blog entry featured. User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years March 2014 - Classic You won! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down For uploading 5 videos into the Showroom. For completing at least 5 YTP Tennis matches. Gee, there sure is no time around here! My sword's for dinner.
YOU GET COOKIE

Futures Passed
all the albums i've made at home i did live with a computer mic and audacity.

some of my earliest stuff was even done on tape.

i'm gay like that.

That's pretty cool; old school style recording. I'd like to do that sometime.

I have one question that I need to confirm, if I plug in a guitar into the Line In and add an effects pedal between, will it pick up the effects or what?

As long as the pedal isn't broken and it's plugged in, yes. (Alternative to plugging it in would be putting a battery in it if that allows for such a thing.)

The guitar line out goes to the pedal line in, the pedal line out goes to the amp line in.

If your pedal has a mini-amp:

You can plug your (pedal) line out right into your computer. Volume may need to be adjusted, however.

theHappyFungus

Speaking of pedals, I got a really nice sounding slap delay today, but I tried playing it with some overdrive and now it wont stop ringing/repeating. It sounded super cool for a few seconds, but now I want it to stop. Any solutions, or should I just return it?

For being on the Vanilla forums for 100 days before it was shut down Because you were one of us, one of us, you mean and green namey thing

FlipJick
Speaking of pedals, I got a really nice sounding slap delay today, but I tried playing it with some overdrive and now it wont stop ringing/repeating. It sounded super cool for a few seconds, but now I want it to stop. Any solutions, or should I just return it?

So, what are the knobs/button/switches say? Also, what brand/model is it?

Billion

This has been bugging me forever because I really want to use the voice or something similar in a song, but does anyone know what the high voice is for the beginning of this song?

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For having a blog entry featured. User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years March 2014 - Classic You won! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down For uploading 5 videos into the Showroom. For completing at least 5 YTP Tennis matches. Gee, there sure is no time around here! My sword's for dinner.
YOU GET COOKIE

Liebermintz

Futures, I have three guitar tracks recorded as of right now.

Morf Gworfmim

Hooray. I got a midi program today. This means I can make electronic music without Fruity Loops, the program I hate more than any other.

I don't know why I hate Fruity Loops...

we met superkoffee at sakuracon '11