Sign in to follow this  
Thereisnospoon303

NEW POLICY: Signatures and .gif images

325 replies to this topic

Dinstruction

My idea would be a sig block list. You can add certain members with large gif sigs to a list in the user control panel, and you won't see their sig.

I know there's a hidden pitfall I didn't notice, so can someone tell me what's wrong with this idea?

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For taking part. I.M. GAAAY Yay! Good! YOU CONTRIBUTED

ThaNuke
  • Banned
  • Implement a No sig/Avatar/Posting rule.

Problem solved!

Who said you were even posting?

Is this a simulation?

Oh god.

PLOT TWIST

Mushrooms™

How about having a filesize limit on GIF (or possibly other) images? Maybe about a megabyte.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Funniest Signatures 2014
User with Funniest Avatars 2014 2013 May 2013 - "Gay" (Sentence mix-core) May 2013 - Overall For your contribution to the favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. For winning November 2012's contest with your Pumkin Pie. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years I'LL HAVE TO GIVE MYSELF A PRRRROMOTION For defending the eternal walls of Fort Youchew from the dark forces of Lord Pimpsahoy 1000 page on GCT.
For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. KIRBEH. Thanks. Sonic birthday contest.

Thereisnospoon303
    How about having a filesize limit on GIF (or possibly other) images? Maybe about a megabyte.

That's what we were thinking, although if enforcing a policy can be avoided, that would be nice.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 258 days before it was shut down You went to Ohayocon with all those other goons. Good man. For service. SuperYoshi article Poopcast, interview. Helping out on the front page. Good boy. Well. You do own the place. Funniest short story in Rabbit's contest.

mazx9999

I think I'm good here. even tough when I check my .gifs it says the file size is unknown.

For being on the Vanilla forums for 12 days before it was shut down

RAKninja
    I think I'm good here. even tough when I check my .gifs it says the file size is unknown.

296.15 KB

+

6.45 KB

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS For being on the Vanilla forums for 53 days before it was shut down IAMTENNISBOT

Mushrooms™

I'm not sure if the GIF in my sig would slow people's browsers, it's 101 frames and 295.62 KB. I don't know if the number of frames has anything to do with it, since my computers can load multiple GIFs just fine.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Funniest Signatures 2014
User with Funniest Avatars 2014 2013 May 2013 - "Gay" (Sentence mix-core) May 2013 - Overall For your contribution to the favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. For winning November 2012's contest with your Pumkin Pie. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years I'LL HAVE TO GIVE MYSELF A PRRRROMOTION For defending the eternal walls of Fort Youchew from the dark forces of Lord Pimpsahoy 1000 page on GCT.
For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. KIRBEH. Thanks. Sonic birthday contest.

Thereisnospoon303
    I'm not sure if the GIF in my sig would slow people's browsers, it's 101 frames and 295.62 KB. I don't know if the number of frames has anything to do with it, since my computers can load multiple GIFs just fine.

300 KBs is fine.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 258 days before it was shut down You went to Ohayocon with all those other goons. Good man. For service. SuperYoshi article Poopcast, interview. Helping out on the front page. Good boy. Well. You do own the place. Funniest short story in Rabbit's contest.

Ghoulston

"SHOOT THEM!"

"HANG THEM!"

"HIT THEM WITH A ROCK!"

But seriously, always been against it. Outlaw them or atleast ones that are excessive in file size and physical pixel size.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down This is delicious yes yes For taking part. For winning For taking part. 10 5 For making the medals prettier. You been good! Always writing.

GameBop

I doubt my sig is any problem, though I don't know about my avatar. (EDIT: wow, my avatar is apparently only 167 KB. Much smaller than I expected)

And I think that if you link to an off-site image for the avatar (rather than uploading) then there isn't really a size limit. Not 100% sure about that though.

Best Tenniser 2017 For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all 100 cards! Great job! For collecting all ten gold cards! For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa It has taken me a long substantial time to do it. Sorry! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Tennis Mini-Competition. ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 267 days before it was shut down hooray! congrats on 50 matches congrats! Giving you back this award from months ago:<br />
<br />
"GameBop vs. AjaxCubed turned out to be my new favorite match of all time once it finished, and consequentially was my favorite match of this month. Great job to both of you!" Hoorah, Gray Tennis champion!
Is it possible to give someone two of the same award? Let's find out! For being crowned champion of the Triples Tournament. oh hey it's me

Dinstruction
    My idea would be a sig block list. You can add certain members with large gif sigs to a list in the user control panel, and you won't see their sig.

I know there's a hidden pitfall I didn't notice, so can someone tell me what's wrong with this idea?

I'm going to use big red text so somebody notices this idea.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For taking part. I.M. GAAAY Yay! Good! YOU CONTRIBUTED

Thereisnospoon303

I'm going to use big red text so somebody notices this idea.

I don't think that can be implemented with this software.

KlausTheWizard

I'm sad to say that MilkRound's signature makes my computer run slowly as well.

I'm sad because it features Stephen Colbert in all of his glory.

For getting 2nd place in the Spooky Poop Contest 2015 Spooky Poop 2015 For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating November 2013 - Overall, Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years July 2013 - "Alton Brown ultimate smackdown of Bad Eats" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos

Dillrod90

Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For Ohayocon, and making it such an amazing success! For all the lago love. For service. For organizing the amazing Ohayocon! Thanks for the cookies! Rabbit liked them, too.

KlausTheWizard
    Now a global announcement.

800px-Adam_Malkovich_Other_M.png

Any objections?

the perfect size, but not an animated gif

DAMN IT.

For getting 2nd place in the Spooky Poop Contest 2015 Spooky Poop 2015 For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating November 2013 - Overall, Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years July 2013 - "Alton Brown ultimate smackdown of Bad Eats" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos

hoboware

No matter what compromise is reached, there is sure to be some squabbling.

All I can say is keep your gifs short or tiny.

December 2011 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos