• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
Sign in to follow this  
Thereisnospoon303

NEW POLICY: Signatures and .gif images

325 replies to this topic

Shazy-Shaze   
Shazy-Shaze

Well, I've filled the 255 character limit thing on my sig, but I only have a quote, a little single framed gif, and a link, which all in all can't be too large of a sig. How about a memory size limit instead of a character limit?

For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Artist 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Dillrod90   
Dillrod90
TINS, I must agree with you...

Sailor Mercury IS the best of the Sailor Scouts.

248.jpg

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For Ohayocon, and making it such an amazing success! For all the lago love. For service. For organizing the amazing Ohayocon! Thanks for the cookies! Rabbit liked them, too.

Thereisnospoon303   
Thereisnospoon303

Let's get back on track for a moment, guys.

I'll leave this up for now and hopefully more folks (especially those who have the giant .gif images) will share their thoughts. Then the staff will go over it and we'll go from there.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 258 days before it was shut down You went to Ohayocon with all those other goons. Good man. For service. SuperYoshi article Poopcast, interview. Helping out on the front page. Good boy. Well. You do own the place. Funniest short story in Rabbit's contest.

MAZZ0Murder   
MAZZ0Murder

well I've noticed a lot more in signatures myself...and I was considering a Master Kaku one soon...

It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

trepmaws   
trepmaws
institute "peer review"

if someone's sig is excessive, let the users point it out. a mod can then pm the user in question. and if the user refuses to change it, the mods have the power to remove the offending images on a case by case basis.

its a bit more hands on, but it puts the real power in the hands of the users, and it also gives the users the responsibility to not make it excessive, without hardcoded features.

I kind of like this idea. Another forum I used to go to had a specific thread where people could check if their sig was okay. Someone would post and ask if it followed the rules, and a staff member would respond back. A link to said thread is below:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=403847

Of course, their sig rules are a lot stricter, and they have a group specifically for the task. But maybe we could use something similar here.

For staying warn free for 9 years Posted Nep Nep hentai For staying strike free for 7 years. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Here's to another 4 years before anyone else gets it hooray!

Ride   
Ride

I'd have to say, all these gifs are loosing their charm fast. It used to be, when an animated sig popped up, it was unique. It had a lasting effect. Now, every other person has one, and none of it's funny at all. I'm also sick and tired of my computer locking up whenever I open a page full of these huge images.

Otherwise, I say there needs to be some sort of a size limit, and I also second the idea of a peer review. I'm sure it has a lot to do with Pope's sig/avatar thread, because the amount of gif-sigs has skyrocketed ever since he started it. So maybe some intervention needs to spring up there.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Chewbot gives congrats for having 52 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Smartest User 2014, Smartest User 2015 Met Wasted May 2012 - "Donkey Kong Gets Laid at Least Once" (Classic) December 2011 - Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 23 videos Posting after Dopply Dramatic-ass CD-i. For WINNIN'. For playin'. See them search me, watch them rape... YOUCHEWERS ARE A SUPERIOR SPECIES<br />
<br />
YOU'RE RIDE THE CAT, INITIALS R C For lots of Chewiki service. WalrusGuy interview. For news writing.

Nozdordomu   
Nozdordomu

That's too bad, I had to take out my signature of Ryan screaming at Komodo. I think we can all agree that Pope made the best gifs.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

TyrannosaurusReich   
TyrannosaurusReich

anyone who doesn't have sigs turned off is a homo

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

Gary   
Gary
That's too bad, I had to take out my signature of Ryan screaming at Komodo. I think we can all agree that Pope made the best gifs.

I agree. Any man who make a Late Night Talk Show host even funnier is a good man in my book.

Even though Pope is a generous man for giving us the gift of custom gifs, I agree with Catfish. He has made it almost sort of a standard for signatures. Like, "If you don't have one, you're not as cool." Now I'm fully aware that's not actually the case, but it has gotten a bit insane lately. Maybe we could just have his thread locked temporarily (And let him know about it and why so he doesn't make a thread about it), and then until the staff come to a consensus, determine whether or not to reopen it and have his requests available to the public.

That's my 2 cents.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Knowing ZergSlaya in real life, as well as meeting up with Derryb and Miles. For being a winner in the Trap Master competition! It's a secret, secret, form-u-la How'd you find me? One, two, three four five... For organizing a forum event, right? For most conspicuous bravery and valor in the face of the enemy.

Gary   
Gary
Maybe we could just have his thread locked temporarily (And let him know about it and why so he doesn't make a thread about it)

Heh.

Not gonna happen.

Better to have tried and failed than not at all.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Knowing ZergSlaya in real life, as well as meeting up with Derryb and Miles. For being a winner in the Trap Master competition! It's a secret, secret, form-u-la How'd you find me? One, two, three four five... For organizing a forum event, right? For most conspicuous bravery and valor in the face of the enemy.

Gary   
Gary

Granted, yes.

He claims that he complains because the mods/staff/whoever doesn't give him any explanation as to why his posts are edited, or his threads get locked. I think that maybe he wouldn't throw such a fit if you guys explain it to him, if my suggestion were take effect.

He always targets you for everything though, so I can see why you'd be skeptical.