Sign in to follow this  
Thereisnospoon303

NEW POLICY: Signatures and .gif images

325 replies to this topic

Thereisnospoon303

We seem to be garnering some kind of consensus, although it remains limited in relation to the number of users to still have .gifs in their signatures. The staff will keep this in mind, though.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 258 days before it was shut down You went to Ohayocon with all those other goons. Good man. For service. SuperYoshi article Poopcast, interview. Helping out on the front page. Good boy. Well. You do own the place. Funniest short story in Rabbit's contest.

Yaminomalex
That's too bad, I had to take out my signature of Ryan screaming at Komodo. I think we can all agree that Pope made the best gifs.

I agree. Any man who make a Late Night Talk Show host even funnier is a good man in my book.

Even though Pope is a generous man for giving us the gift of custom gifs, I agree with Catfish. He has made it almost sort of a standard for signatures. Like, "If you don't have one, you're not as cool." Now I'm fully aware that's not actually the case, but it has gotten a bit insane lately. Maybe we could just have his thread locked temporarily (And let him know about it and why so he doesn't make a thread about it), and then until the staff come to a consensus, determine whether or not to reopen it and have his requests available to the public.

That's my 2 cents.

Actuallly, I did lock it (accidently). Now I'm Jerk of the Year.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 262 days before it was shut down

JakeSteel

Both my sig and avatar are well under 1MB.

Although I am changing my sig soon and was planning to do so yesterday or Saturday, I just never got around to it.

Welcome to the club! Welcome to the club!

Radock
  • Banned
  • Pope made me some Billy & Mandy avatar

I only used it for like a week and a half

AKADarkie

My sig has senority rights (I had it before the gif sig boom), so I should be able to keep mine =/

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For writing 11047 words worth in blog entries. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo event! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 39 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 230 days before it was shut down SaS

Gary
    My sig has senority rights (I had it before the gif sig boom), so I should be able to keep mine =/

Yeah yous is fine.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Knowing ZergSlaya in real life, as well as meeting up with Derryb and Miles. For being a winner in the Trap Master competition! It's a secret, secret, form-u-la How'd you find me? One, two, three four five... For organizing a forum event, right? For most conspicuous bravery and valor in the face of the enemy.

Frisbee

1MB limit sounds good.

because my sig is only like 750kb lol

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 270 days before it was shut down Thanks!

Android Prince

Hopefully this will help. I was thinking about turning them off very recently, actually. I don't like a bunch of "in your face" stuff you have to scroll through for 5 seconds while browsing. I'm more concerned about the forum itself not having problems.

Oh and hey guys i totally need to trim down this sig don't i

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Cortes
    No matter what compromise is reached, there is sure to be some squabbling.

All I can say is keep your gifs short or tiny.

Can't hear you; my forearm is in such throbbing pain from having to scroll past your Shaq-sized sig.

EH DITT:

Also people, evaluate mine.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos March 2012 - Classic For being on the Vanilla forums for 192 days before it was shut down

Android Prince
    No matter what compromise is reached, there is sure to be some squabbling.

All I can say is keep your gifs short or tiny.

Can't hear you; my forearm is in such throbbing pain from having to scroll past your Shaq-sized sig.

EH DITT:

Also people, evaluate mine.

All three combine for a total of less than 700 KB, I think.

You're good to go.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Frisbee

no really I want people to have to scroll for nine years to get past my sig

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 270 days before it was shut down Thanks!

Android Prince

Carping about a mistake someone made out of being distracted isn't going to get you very far.

Your loss, I guess.