• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
Psychotime

Tabletop Games

3,805 replies to this topic

Psychotime   
Psychotime

RELATED THREADS

THE OFFICIAL MAGIC THE GATHERING THREAD
YVD (Yugioh Virtual Dueling)
Yugioh KCDVS

Won't hurt to make one, will it?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm getting interested in Yugioh. Through an odd turn of events, I ended up discovering that they actually made a card for basically everything from Gradius. That's really awesome.

They even made stuff of Goemon, too. (Though they made him serious)

Did they make Castlevania? (I'm a fan now.) Not really. But they have enough Zombies and Vampires to give me an idea of something to build.

It's really strange, though. I haven't even given the game any thought since middle school.

But then again, I was occupied with the awesome VS System at the time (RIP). And when it started dying, I moved on to Magic. But I only buy from 2 blocks. The most recent one being the Lorwyn/Shadowmoor block. So in other words, I only buy old cards. Haven't even played since the school year started.

So, yeah. In a few months I'll turn into this guy.

Trap_card.jpg

For staying warn free for 9 years Best Artist 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 10 videos

Axe   
Axe

Computers and Video Games

But seriously, I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh when I was a kid. No idea where did all those cards go to.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 29 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 119 days before it was shut down So cool. Strike-free for more than 3 years. Congrats! i was a janitor<br />
<br />
i think Welcome to the Few. The Proud. The Moderators. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread!
For posting after Dopply

BlasphemousApples13   
BlasphemousApples13

Fuck that shit, kids've got thu PSPs and DSes and the MUDs and all tha shit

UncleChuckTH   
UncleChuckTH
They even made stuff of Goemon, too. (Though they made him serious)

lupin_goemon010.jpg

Though in all seriousness, I used to be big into TCGs. I loved YGO back in the day, and played me a very healthy deal of Duel Monsters back in the 02-06 ish years. I built a lot of different decks over that time, used a lot of starters when I first got into it, using a very loose interpretation of the rules. I got more serious in 05, when I started doing more heavy duty dueling and more deck building. I ran a Toon Deck for awhile (wish I knew where it was now, sadly), dabbled with Exodia Decks (still have that one) and eventually built my best deck, my warrior deck. Right after I had finished putting that one together it got stolen. I frequented local tourneys and let's face it, stuff happens at those places, especially when it's an environment full of teens. Pretty much crushed after that, I decided to stop spending money on the habit and fell out of it from there.

Still, I had a ton of good times collecting and playing the TCG with my friends, and was also quite fond of the anime and other related products for some time.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For having a blog entry featured. For writing 10356 words worth in blog entries. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the Reggie banner and the rejuvenation of Boss Scratch. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 237 days before it was shut down For uploading my entire collection of poops. You succeeded in uploading. For a lot of effort towards site projects in the past. Hopefully there will be more. For meeting Rabbit, Puffin, and their pally TINS. Big whoop. More like the BALLS collab. THERE'S TEN THERE'S FIVE For service. For writing an article! A long time ago.

nintengod64   
nintengod64

The only one I really ever played was Yu-Gi-Oh even though I was never much of a fan of the anime. It was fun.

For being on the Vanilla forums for 106 days before it was shut down

Axe   
Axe
BESCrystalCoreCRV-EN-SR.jpg

GoeGoetheGallantNinjaFOTB-EN-R-1E.jpg

TacticalEspionageExpertDR3-EN-C-UE.jpg

Metal_Gear_Solid_cover_art.png

Raiden_%28Metal_Gear%29.jpg

And remember the Vic Viper itself being a card.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 29 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 119 days before it was shut down So cool. Strike-free for more than 3 years. Congrats! i was a janitor<br />
<br />
i think Welcome to the Few. The Proud. The Moderators. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread!
For posting after Dopply

Psychotime   
Psychotime

TacticalEspionageExpertDR3-EN-C-UE.jpg

Metal_Gear_Solid_cover_art.png

Raiden_%28Metal_Gear%29.jpg

Tactical Espionage Expert is a parody of Snake, not Raiden.

To me it looks more like both of them were put into a blender.

I just noticed he's not holding a gun. (Lol, censorship.) What is he holding? Looks like he might be crumpling up a bunch of cards.

EDIT: Nah, they just changed the color to make it look like a toy.

TacticalEspionageExpertEE3-JP-C.jpg

Second edit: What on Earth is he holding?

TacticalEspionageExpertRDS-EN-C-1E.jpg

For staying warn free for 9 years Best Artist 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 10 videos

jim jones   
jim jones

tactical espionage expert loves himself some chocolate dipped bananas fuck yeah

i used to play the game but now i collect them because i like the designs and artwork

even though the artwork in the very beginning of the card game SUCKED ASS

Yaminomalex   
Yaminomalex

EDIT: Nah, they just changed the color to make it look like a toy.

TacticalEspionageExpertEE3-JP-C.jpg

Second edit: What on Earth is he holding?

TacticalEspionageExpertRDS-EN-C-1E.jpg

A boomerang that shoots lasers.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 262 days before it was shut down

Psychotime   
Psychotime
tactical espionage expert loves himself some chocolate dipped bananas fuck yeah

i used to play the game but now i collect them because i like the designs and artwork

even though the artwork in the very beginning of the card game SUCKED ASS

Everything did back in those days. The place was littered with nothing but worthless vanilla monsters and overpowered spells. But then again, EVERY card game I've ever played starts off bad (usually when the designers try to be "safe"), but over time, the designers make wiser decisions when they see what works and what doesn't.

I doubt anyone even knew it existed, but VS System was my absolute favorite game. Too bad it died. Lasted from 2004 to 2009.

leConstruct-DGLDGL.jpg

Hulk-GammaRage-MAVMAV.jpg

AlanScottGoldenAgeEngineer-DCXDCX.jpg

The game was made to simulate superpowered battles, and the sets covered Marvel and DC. And they didn't just do the popular characters. Most of the time they outright avoided them in favor of the underdogs.

Heck, there was even a Hellboy set (My favorite, by the way).

BreakOffTheHorns-EHBEHB.jpg

The thing I loved the most about the game was how truly versatile it was. You could honestly make ANYTHING with the system and it could work. Back in those days I would design custom sets (with 100+ cards, mind you).

(Artist is credited on the card.)

Sonic3.jpg

Dummy.jpg

Kon.jpg

The VS community used an unoffical online Magic program called Magic Workstation to play the game online. If I took the initiative, I could have brought my sets into the program and actually used them. Got lazy, though. And VS is dead.

Yaminomalex   
Yaminomalex

Psychotime, you should not direct link images. Also, if you don't mind I'm going to merge this with the KCVDS thread later today so people can discuss Yu-Gi-Oh and make arrangements to play KCVDS together.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 262 days before it was shut down

Psychotime   
Psychotime

Oh, I'll get to fixing that.

And I wanted the thread to cover card games in general, not just Yugioh. (My last post kinda shows that)

Psychotime   
Psychotime
I love Magic the Gathering

When did you get into it (what set was out at the time)?

I got into it during the end of Future Sight, when Goyf ruled everything. But The only cards I bought until Lorwyn Block were from Kamigawa.

EDIT: I don't feel like posting cards yet.