• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
Psychotime

Tabletop Games

3,805 replies to this topic

Psychotime   
Psychotime
hey guys

suggest a deck type to me, i wanna try something different from a burn deck

What game are we talking? You should clarify.

I call Jund/Naya Behemoths. (Magic.)

For staying warn free for 9 years Best Artist 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 10 videos

YamiMario   
YamiMario
hey guys

suggest a deck type to me, i wanna try something different from a burn deck

Counter Fairies.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Best Artist 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 33 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 33 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 213 days before it was shut down

YamiMario   
YamiMario

They are a series of Fairy-type Monsters whose effects trigger when a Counter Trap is activated.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Best Artist 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 33 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 33 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 213 days before it was shut down

SushieBoy   
SushieBoy

I remember when Yugioh was popular in middle school. Then we all realized that paying 20 bucks for a card was retarded. I still have some cards around that I could probably sell.

Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid early Wave Beam You want it?  It's yours, my friend. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Adventure of Link during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For completing Mario 2: The Lost Levels during our community challenge event. For completing all of the games required for this awesome award during the community challenge event. Winning Ghostly Art Contest 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks so much for your generosity! For taking first place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks a lot for your very generous donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Congratulations! For placing third in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 275,000 Chewbucks! For being on the Vanilla forums for 186 days before it was shut down The Lagomorphs love you right back. You deserve a medal, Doc.

Zygaphorym   
Zygaphorym

That's fantastic.

Too bad the Ultimate Rares revealed so far are banned cards. Still, it's a rather nice suprise for those who weren't expecting it.

I guess I'll wait for more cards to be revealed.

For staying warn free for 9 years Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 148 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 148 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 148 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

YamiMario   
YamiMario
What's proxy?

29eq3if.jpg

Printing out cards that you don't own yet, and using them for testing purposes.

Psychotime   
Psychotime

You don't get it the joke. The pic shows someone supposedly bending a piece of paper worth over $2000.

EDIT: Based on the border color, make that $1000.

For staying warn free for 9 years Best Artist 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 10 videos

Azazel   
Azazel

Doesn't matter what your try

Batterymen always come out on top

For being on the Vanilla forums for 232 days before it was shut down Last page of GCT. GOOD Big Bird is happy!

Azazel   
Azazel

Burn decks stand no chance against deck milling

For being on the Vanilla forums for 232 days before it was shut down Last page of GCT. GOOD Big Bird is happy!

YamiMario   
YamiMario
You don't get it the joke. The pic shows someone supposedly bending a piece of paper worth over $2000.

EDIT: Based on the border color, make that $1000.

Oh wow.

Gatherer link, please?

Psychotime   
Psychotime
that is outrageous

That's Magic.

But seriously, it's only like that because it's the most powerful (read: broken) card in the game, as well as one of the first cards ever made (1991). It's only for collectors to bother with. Modern cards never go over Yugioh prices. And they always go down when they get old. (Works for me!)

You can't even use it in most tournaments. The one that does allows proxies.

I could continue to explain why this isn't a big deal.

Kon   
Kon

Speaking of expensive as hell cards, I don't get why Lightsworn decks are so expensive, aside from Judgment Dragon.

Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 213 days before it was shut down 5 matches! YOUR WILL TO HAVE NO STRIKES Thanks for the cookies!

trepmaws   
trepmaws

All this talk of the Black Lotus card inspired me to do a search of what cards were in the original set. Interesting stuff.

I would have loved to have tried using Chaos Orb.

9iz4ea.jpg

For staying warn free for 9 years Posted Nep Nep hentai For staying strike free for 7 years. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Here's to another 4 years before anyone else gets it hooray!

Zygaphorym   
Zygaphorym
The Call of the Light Brigade

I think you mean Charge of the Light Brigade. Konami made it easy to get in Stardust Overdrive special edition anyway (alongside Tempest Magician which was once a Secret Rare in Crossroads of Chaos).

For staying warn free for 9 years Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 148 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 148 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 148 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Psychotime   
Psychotime

To talk more about Magic, Yugioh players will probably double take when they realize how tournament formats work. Too lazy to type myself, so I just took this from wikipedia.

Different formats of Constructed Magic exist, each allowing different cards. They include "Vintage", "Legacy", "Extended", "Standard", and "Block Constructed". The DCI maintains a "Banned and Restricted List" for each format; players may not use banned cards at all, and restricted cards are limited to one copy per deck. The DCI bans cards that it determines are damaging the health of a format; it seeks to use this remedy as infrequently as possible, and only a handful of cards have been banned in recent years. Currently, the only format with a Restricted List is Vintage.

Block Constructed formats are defined by the cycle of three sets of cards in a given block. For example, the Ravnica block format consists of Ravnica: City of Guilds, Guildpact, and Dissension. Only cards that were printed in one of the sets in the appropriate block can be used in these formats.

Standard contains the current block, the last completed block, and the most recent core set. The Standard card pool undergoes a "rotation" each year in October. Currently the Standard card pool consists of the Shards of Alara block, the Magic 2010 core set, and the Zendikar block.

Extended is the format where all Magic blocks and core sets issued during the last seven years are legal. As in Standard, the pool rotates once a year in October.[note 6] The current Extended format consists of the Mirrodin, Kamigawa, Ravnica, Time Spiral, Shards of Alara and Zendikar blocks; the Lorwyn and Shadowmoor mini-blocks; the Ninth and Tenth edition core sets, as well as the core set [Magic 2010]; and Coldsnap, a standalone set that rotates with the Time Spiral block.

Vintage and Legacy are considered "Eternal Constructed" formats because the card pool never rotates. This means that all the sets that are currently legal will continue to be legal and any new sets will automatically be included in the legal card pool. The only banned cards in Vintage are cards using the "ante" mechanic and a few other cards that the DCI considers inappropriate for competitive Magic. Because of the expense in acquiring the scarce old cards to play competitive Vintage, many Vintage tournaments permit players to proxy a certain number of cards.

In my case, I don't do tournaments. But in terms of card pool, I play extended, but personally force myself into a specific block.

YamiMario   
YamiMario

It's pretty silly to exclude cards just because they are old, IMO.

Also, I know I'm whoring the thread out with Yu-Gi-Oh, but it looks like you silly Americans are getting them Duel Terminals, with this set.

Oh, btw, is there any good Magic simulator/tutorial or something like that if I want to learn how to play it?

I would buy the Xbox Live Arcade game, but I don't have a 360.