• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
Sign in to follow this  
RabbitSnore

The YouChew Festival -- Final Preparation

156 replies to this topic

RabbitSnore   
RabbitSnore

In preparation for the upcoming two-year anniversary of this incarnation of YouChew Poop at the end of March and beginning of April, as well as the three-year anniversary of YouChew as a whole on May 24, I am pleased to announce the preliminary organization of the YouChew Festival .

This forum has been around for a long time, and this year, we’d like to celebrate our anniversary with a shitload of events – not only events organized by the staff, but events organized by the userbase at large. We’ve grown a great deal since the days of Vanilla and Conrad’s administration, when sixteen users on at one time was a lot. We’ve grown to the point where we can have large scale community events.

It is with these things in mind that we will organize the Festival.

Overview

The Festival will take place from March 21 until April 6 .

The most important part of the Festival is that it is primarily not directly organized by the staff, but rather, the users will be placed in charge of organizing the events. The staff will provide events of their own and provide the stage for the events, but the Festival cannot be successful without the combine, collected efforts of the userbase.

Users will apply to become Festival Organizers, a usergroup which will comprise all those involved with the Festival preparations. These users will have access to a special private section of the forum, where preparations will take place.

Applications to become Festival Organizers will begin now and close March 13 , to allow time to sufficiently prepare events.

Festival Stalls, Kiosks, and Pavilions

The events of the Festival – in keeping with the name – will be referred to as Stalls, Kiosks, and Pavilions. What kinds of stalls and kiosks will be at the Festival?

All the stalls and kiosks will be located in a centralized Festival section of the forum, which will be active only during the Festival.

The stalls and kiosks don’t need to be anything particularly elaborate, though they certainly can be, and we encourage users to be creative. Just because you might be able to organize an event in a context other than the Festival doesn’t mean you cannot organize it for the Festival. Collabs, contests, art activities, and the like are good choices.

The best events are those which can last for the entire duration of the Festival or most of it and involve a great deal of people. Activities that lots of people can join in will ensure that the Festival is a success. There is nothing wrong, however, with events which are relatively short lived. Screenings of high quality videos in YouTube streams or elsewhere could be fun group events organized as part of the Festival.

Organizers will receive Kermit medals for organizing events, and winners of approved contests are eligible for the Elmo medal.

Some potential options are listed in the section below.

So you wanna organize an event?

What do you have to do to organize an event?

First, have an idea of what you want to do. Next, answer the following questions:

What is the general nature of the event? Summarize the event.

How do you plan to operate the event logistically? Provide as much detail as possible.

Who are the organizers involved with this event? (Note that you can team up with several other users to organize an event if you expect it to be large and need more attention than one person acting alone.)

Send your answers in a PM to the Postman (found here: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=17195 ) account. The staff will review your application, and if your idea is accepted, we will invite you to the Festival Organizer group, and you can get started organizing your event!

Here are some ideas you might consider if you want to organize an event.

Face Painting: Organizers draw on users' avatars.

Activity Book: In the formula of the TF2 activity book, organizers provide users with template images to edit and post.

Avatar Request: Users request small, quickly produced images from organizers.

Short Poop Contest: Organizers pick a theme or style of poop and judge users' submissions.

Music Exchange: Users post links to music downloads. Organizers neatly arrange the music in the first post for easy access.

Art Competition: Organizers pick a theme or style of art and judge users' submissions.

Don't limit yourselves to these ideas, though. Be creative!

------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here in this thread!

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS For being on the Vanilla forums for 194 days before it was shut down For Ohayocon! Ohaaaaayoo! More like test-icles lol<br />
<br />
My test bunny. :3 My brother in arms...my 5 hour energy at 4 in the morning. Thanks for everything. LOU<br />
<br />
LOU ALBANO Sonic luvers 4ever. Hell yeah. For taking part. Keanu... From strongbad, who loved your match with Moogle. 25, holy fuck. 10 matches. 5 matches. You've been a very good rabbit. Big Boss salutes you, a true patriot. You should have wrote half of them...it would look a lot better... Poopcast, interview, countless other things. I think this award should be your face. Only, a bunny, and not Big Bird. Thanks for all the news, past and present. You deserve about a million of these, buddy. For winning the Great YouChew Cooking Contest!

JakeSteel   
JakeSteel

Wow, this sounds like a lot of fun! I really look forward to it.

Welcome to the club! Welcome to the club!

Radock   
Radock
  • Banned
  • I'll have to think this over. Perhaps a horrible fanfiction "kiosk"?

SNAKE JAMMED HIS COCK INTO RAIDEN'S MOUTH, AND SHOT A THICK LOAD OF SEMEN DOWN HIS THROAT

Gary   
    Gary

The gears in my head are turning already.

I'm gonna plan some shit for this. It sounds like something worth all of our while.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Knowing ZergSlaya in real life, as well as meeting up with Derryb and Miles. For being a winner in the Trap Master competition! It's a secret, secret, form-u-la How'd you find me? One, two, three four five... For organizing a forum event, right? For most conspicuous bravery and valor in the face of the enemy.

Prez   
    Prez

This sounds like a lot of fun, I'll see if I can come up with anything cool for this.

For holding multiple spots in our Recommended YouTube Poops articles in January, March, and August 2011. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2011 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 14 videos

Triple   
    Triple

Wow, this sounds like a lot of fun. I'll be looking forward to this. :)

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Chewbot gives congrats for having 43 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "YTPMV: Big Beat Mario" (YTPMV) October 2011 For being on the Vanilla forums for 152 days before it was shut down *insert picture of King here* Congrats! Tonight I'm going to...suck your blood! Or ability to write Chewiki articles! Thanks!

Emperor Ing   
    Emperor Ing

I'll see if I can't get a good collab contest up and running.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 67 days before it was shut down http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/20616-the-comparative-history-of-the-svirean-people/ For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For doing something awesome, I dunno. THANKS FOR THE HELP, BROTHER Thanks for participating. Awarded to you as a member of the team Windows Movie Maker Miscreants for emerging victorious in the tennis season! Congratulations on the result of your teamwork, skill and endurance! For taking part. Tennis Fuck Choice award. you did it my boy, you won. the birds, how beautifully they sing in the pit.<br />
<br />
it is indeed clean. ing vs moogle was one of the best tennis matches i have watched, so you sir, get one of the hardest awards on the site For 10 For 5! The most well behaved giant tentacle dark ballsack to ever live. For service. Ribbit! Something about Tennis. For Best Overall Character in Rabbit's Character Study Contest.

JakeSteel   
    JakeSteel

Who will all be using the host account? (or is that classified xd?)

I'm curious because I'd like to know if I can get an answer/thought about an idea any time a mod is on, or if it's just Rabbit, etc.

Welcome to the club! Welcome to the club!

Axe   
    Axe

Sounds like a fun idea. Sadly, I doubt I'll be able to think of anything.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 29 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 119 days before it was shut down So cool. Strike-free for more than 3 years. Congrats! i was a janitor<br />
<br />
i think Welcome to the Few. The Proud. The Moderators. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread!
For posting after Dopply

KlausTheWizard   
    KlausTheWizard

I'm curious because I'd like to know if I can get an answer/thought about an idea any time a mod is on, or if it's just Rabbit, etc.

If you're talking about a poop contest, I thought the idea was for there to be a short (or maybe a few short) poop contest(s) which can be organized on an individual level.

I think, if a poop contest were to be done, the organizer should not be the sole judge, though. Maybe that one could pick a few other organizers or non-organizers as judges, and they could each review each submission briefly and give a 1-10 rating. I don't think that would conflict with the idea (to have an easily-organized and themed poop contest) if those judges were at the discretion of the organizer.

Now what Ing said about a collab contest sounds good, but I'm not quite sure how that would be done. Would each collab be made by a team, who would compete with each other team?

For getting 2nd place in the Spooky Poop Contest 2015 Spooky Poop 2015 For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating November 2013 - Overall, Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years July 2013 - "Alton Brown ultimate smackdown of Bad Eats" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos

Emperor Ing   
    Emperor Ing

Dunno, but maybe it's in a secret prepping room when it can be unveiled in a shiny new coat?

That topic IS a beta, after all.

Axe, just because you can't think of something doesn't mean you can't participate!

Me, I think I might try to organize a CD-i collab.

That sound fun to anyone?

And there's plenty of time to work out kinks.

I like the idea of 'contest' winners getting on to the main account, but I'll have to wait on Rabbit's hearing to see if that's gool.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 67 days before it was shut down http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/20616-the-comparative-history-of-the-svirean-people/ For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For doing something awesome, I dunno. THANKS FOR THE HELP, BROTHER Thanks for participating. Awarded to you as a member of the team Windows Movie Maker Miscreants for emerging victorious in the tennis season! Congratulations on the result of your teamwork, skill and endurance! For taking part. Tennis Fuck Choice award. you did it my boy, you won. the birds, how beautifully they sing in the pit.<br />
<br />
it is indeed clean. ing vs moogle was one of the best tennis matches i have watched, so you sir, get one of the hardest awards on the site For 10 For 5! The most well behaved giant tentacle dark ballsack to ever live. For service. Ribbit! Something about Tennis. For Best Overall Character in Rabbit's Character Study Contest.

RabbitSnore   
    RabbitSnore

We'll have more than just me operating the host account. At the moment, there will be two or three mods using it probably.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS For being on the Vanilla forums for 194 days before it was shut down For Ohayocon! Ohaaaaayoo! More like test-icles lol<br />
<br />
My test bunny. :3 My brother in arms...my 5 hour energy at 4 in the morning. Thanks for everything. LOU<br />
<br />
LOU ALBANO Sonic luvers 4ever. Hell yeah. For taking part. Keanu... From strongbad, who loved your match with Moogle. 25, holy fuck. 10 matches. 5 matches. You've been a very good rabbit. Big Boss salutes you, a true patriot. You should have wrote half of them...it would look a lot better... Poopcast, interview, countless other things. I think this award should be your face. Only, a bunny, and not Big Bird. Thanks for all the news, past and present. You deserve about a million of these, buddy. For winning the Great YouChew Cooking Contest!

Sign in to follow this