Powder

What game have you just recently played?

2,606 replies to this topic

SharkhamAsylum

I'm back on my bullshit and playing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion again. I discovered a mod that lets you play as a goblin—I used the developer console to make me 70% smaller than normal and I'm loving the ability to be this scrappy little monster on a grand, heroic quest. It actually motivated me to start playing through the main quest, and wow, I had no idea it escalated so quickly. I feel compelled to take a detour so that I'm more leveled up and the game gets more dramatic. The best part about this goblin mod, though, is its alternate starting position, which has you spawn in a cave full of other (friendly!) goblins near the Imperial City where your shamanistic leader found the body of Emperor Septim lying on the side of the road, stealing his amulet (and hilariously, clothes) and starting the main quest that way. The only downside is that I think this mod has, consequently, removed most if not all goblin enemies from the game's dungeons; the only ones I have encountered so far have been ones explicitly assigned to appear during specific quests, like "The Killing Fields."

Anyway, there should be more games that let you play as goblins.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For the category of Best Newcomer.

trepmaws

Fate/Grand Order

Here we go, my first Fate game, and my second attempt at finding a mobile game that I like (after giving up pretty quickly on a very different game, Idolmaster Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage, previously). Got far enough to finish what appeared to be most of the tutorial bits, and I think there's potentially an RPG I'd enjoy playing in here. Been a long time since I played a turn-based RPG, and the system in this is interesting if nothing else. Rather than the usual attacking methods, you're given a stack of five randomly selected attacks to choose from, and you select three every turn that determines who attacks and with what. I can see this leading to "death by RNG" moments (something I've gained a unreasonable hatred for thanks to tabletops) later when the game actually gets hard, but for now it looks like the idea is to have the party properly prepared pppppp and to use things like buffs/debuffs smartly, after which point the times the attack options roll a 1 won't hurt me nearly as much (?). Guess we'll see.

As for the story/characters, I'm not too lost so far on the plot, and that's saying something considering that when I tried watching streams of Fate/Extella I was utterly lost on what anything was. Olga and Mash are two personality types I'm not too big on by default, though I appreciate that they explain right away what the hell Olga's problem is, and Mash is starting to grow on me, so the writing must be doing something right.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Posted Nep Nep hentai For staying strike free for 7 years. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Here's to another 4 years before anyone else gets it hooray!

NKpower

Splatoon 2: I've just picked up a copy today, and I have to say that it's becoming one of my favourite games fairly quickly.

for organizing 5 successful collabs! For being part of the Recommended Poops of January & February 2017

and March 2017 For getting 90 5-star ratings IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT! For getting 20 awards TINY TENNIS RACKETS For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 +5 upvote status update within my unusual time frame. Sorry NKpower, I can't give credit. For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For the WarioWare collab! Wah! Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2016
User with Coolest Signatures 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Coolest Avatars 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 For participating in ten successful collabs! For the VHS collab For the VHS collab Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Ben

Civilization 5. It's a massive time-sink, but I'm starting to understand more and more of the system. I've spent more time managing citizens and I've become a lot more careful about where I set up improvements. Poland has more or less become my go-to civilization.

Super Metroid complete You've GOT to be kidding Best Writer 2017 Millhouse, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you want ME more than you want this award. Season 2 For collecting all the silver cards For meeting Dark Fox! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For having a blog featured For collecting all the bronze cards Best Writer 2016 For staying strike free for 3 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For releasing an article about the journey of entering the Navy. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

MAZZ0Murder

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius... practically addicted :P

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

NKpower

Sonic Mania: I absolutely enjoy this game, and it feels just right on so many levels. I've gotten through eight different zones yesterday, and I think this is becoming one of my favourite games of 2017.

for organizing 5 successful collabs! For being part of the Recommended Poops of January & February 2017

and March 2017 For getting 90 5-star ratings IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT! For getting 20 awards TINY TENNIS RACKETS For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 +5 upvote status update within my unusual time frame. Sorry NKpower, I can't give credit. For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For the WarioWare collab! Wah! Having 40 5-star ratings on your videos For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2016
User with Coolest Signatures 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Coolest Avatars 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 For participating in ten successful collabs! For the VHS collab For the VHS collab Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

CODEREDJAROD

Sonic Mania

What can I say that hasn't already been said on the Sonic thread multiple times? This game is amazing. It's honestly met and exceeded my expectations and to be honest is everything I want out of a Sonic game. And the music. The music is, to put it simply, fucking amazing! 10/10

Spoiler

Also the Mean Bean Machine boss. Holy shit. That's the coolest most clever thing I've seen in a long time.

For getting 20 awards For the Team Fortress II collab! For the Team Fortress II collab! The galaxy is at peace Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid 100% Metroid Prime 100% Super Metroid Wave Beam early Super Metroid complete Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Regular) For being a part of the Recommended Poops of June 2017 Best Newcomer 2017 Thanks for the donation. For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System SPARE CHANGE MA'AM? Hey, gimme a boost, Mario.

That's a lot of love! Eyelashes! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016 (Classic)

Erazor

So I was playing Sonic Mania like every normal person. But then I decided to play Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate again because I only spent 70$ on Sonic you know? It can wait.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Congratulations on finishing the first dungeon goddamnit. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Spooky Poop 2015 Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years SKINNER Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Powder

Played some more Billy Hatcher on Thursday; mostly just finding chick coins i couldn't find before in levels with the help of a GameFAQs guide

On Friday I finally managed to find a working 360 controller and some batteries to play Rayman Origins for a second time, thanks to OneyPlays for getting me back into wanting to play it again. I missed it.

I also FINALLY started playing Dark Souls 1 too on the 360! ...I'm still getting used to the Xbox controls; I'm more acclimated to GameCube and 3DS controls lol...
I know what to do and where to find stuff, it's just getting a grasp of the controls in such a fast-paced game that's kinda challenging right now lol

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Did someone say Thanks for being Strike-Free for three years! Keep it up! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

trepmaws

In addition to the games I've mentioned in other threads (Splatoon 2, Puyo Puyo Tetris and Disgaea 5) I've also been giving Tera another try after putting it down for a year. After deciding the gunner just wasn't my jam I started over with a warrior and have been having a good spot of fun with that. There's still some MMO tropes going on that are kind of a nuisance, but the combat feels good enough that I'm willing to put up with it all so far.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Posted Nep Nep hentai For staying strike free for 7 years. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Here's to another 4 years before anyone else gets it hooray!

CODEREDJAROD

Half-Life

I forgot it was in my library so I decided to give it a play and I actually like it WAY more than I thought I would. I really liked the escape sequence from Portal and this entire game feels like that.

For getting 20 awards For the Team Fortress II collab! For the Team Fortress II collab! The galaxy is at peace Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid 100% Metroid Prime 100% Super Metroid Wave Beam early Super Metroid complete Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Regular) For being a part of the Recommended Poops of June 2017 Best Newcomer 2017 Thanks for the donation. For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System SPARE CHANGE MA'AM? Hey, gimme a boost, Mario.

That's a lot of love! Eyelashes! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016 (Classic)

Erazor

Farcry 4

My only experience with the recent Farcry games was Blood Dragon, but I'm really loving it. It's definitely not "Skyrim with guns" but it's really good.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Congratulations on finishing the first dungeon goddamnit. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Spooky Poop 2015 Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years SKINNER Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

VentXekart

Star Wars Empire At War - Forces of Corruption

Playing as the Zann Consortium, I managed to capture Corellia and Bespin (After corrupting them with Piracy of course) but for whatever reason the Rebel Alliance kept gunning for Jabiim until I finally lost the planet.

For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Many doors, yes? Richard Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

WALLMAN

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5

My brother bought it recently and I thought I should try it out before he returns it. The graphics were ass and the lack of customization was a bummer, but the REAL kicker was the controls. If you try grinding or wallriding and you press the button too soon, you ground pound. Put in all the celebrities, superheroes, and Shreks you want, but ground pound does NOT belong in a Tony Hawk game.

Metroid: Samus Returns early Aeion tank Metroid: Samus Returns complete For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 284 days before it was shut down Posting after Dopply For third place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

zoc

Yeah I heard a lot of bad things about 5. A shame since the early games (especially 3) are classics. I still play them here and there, I actually have 3 on my PS2, along with my computer last I checked.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 SURE! WHAT'S A BIG SISTER FOR? For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Congratulations on getting the award you've longed to get for the longest time now! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years January 2013 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. For being on the Vanilla forums for 87 days before it was shut down

ParparPeg

Sonic VR

Interesting romhack, but some levels feel unfair and not fun. Mostly it's a good test of your Sonic Skill(tm) though.

For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

VentXekart

System Shock 2

Downloaded some fan missions and I've started playing one of them, more specifically the Ponterbee Station one. I've also been playing the regular campaign on hard mode as well just to see how well I'll do.

For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Many doors, yes? Richard Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Joosh

I got myself past Stardust Speedway in Sonic Mania recently. So as to not give away any spoilers to anyone that hasn't already played it, the boss is a doozy.

For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For hosting 2017's YouChews the Winners event! For having a blog featured HEART ON STICK MUST DIE I had a strizoke in my brizain. I wasn't sure how big to make the hole for the head, so I used a watermelon for size. For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Lucario AH NEED A MONSTUH TA CLOBBUH DAT DEH KIRBEH! Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all 30 silver cards! For collecting all 60 bronze cards! I'll have to give myself a promotion! For getting 20 awards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Participated in the 2014 and 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For clearing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door during our community challenge event.
For participating in the MK8 online tournament. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. Your generosity is greatly appreciated Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Most Helpful Member 2015
User with Funniest Signatures 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016 Friendliest User 2015
Friendliest User 2016
Friendliest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 The Second Anime Collab For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos 2.b.a. master Mmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Participating in 10 collabs with NICE PEOPLE! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

KingHeavy

Mario 64 Online. That is all.

For staying strike free for 3 years. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of May 2016 For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

SomeDudeNamedBermudez9000

Sonic CD on Steam...

For staying strike free for 1 year.