YamiMario

Post a band/artist that you recently discovered

335 replies to this topic

Powder

Foster the People.

Excluding "Pumped Up Kicks", they've got some pretty upbeat-ish stuff.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Did someone say Thanks for being Strike-Free for three years! Keep it up! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Mudkiprules4

Slipknot-Slipknot-481948.jpg

Surprisingly, I never listened to them despite knowing about them for years. The only song I knew from them was "Before I Forget" but that's like their "Enter Sandman." I must of spent almost all of last week listening to their first 2 albums.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year December 2011 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 11 videos

DaftPunkYoshi

DJ Tonka.

And I absolutely love this remix:

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years What's this thing made out of? Lucario For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards Favorite Staff Member 2016 For collecting all the silver cards Completed Bronze set. Suggested quote to card #27 RIP DaftPunkYoshi. That old The YouTube sure is boring. Meeting tabull Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Doing enough shops in your time to be able to tell by the pixels Well, my gosh. What can I say except: you're going to Hyrule, and this is the final answer heard all around the world, he's won a million chewbucks! For having a blog entry featured: Stock-Aitken-Waterman/PWL Picks #1 User with Coolest Avatars 2014, User with Coolest Avatars 2015, User with Coolest Avatars 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Funniest Signatures, Best Musician 2015 March 2012 - Overall, Regular, Classic / April 2015 - Overall, Regular, Classic, YTPMV March 2012 - "Syncro-Voxing The Glory Days Of Retro Uniqueness" (Brain rape/Rape-core) / May 2015 - "The King Goes Senile" (Overall, Classic) Tennis Staff Member (June 2009 - August 2011) You won 20 medals. Congrats! 25 videos in the Poop Showroom. Awards contribution (Top 10 and WMM medals). MMMMMM...richer! Joined Vanilla on February of '08. YouChew 1984, Static TVs, Banjo-Kazooie Sign, and many others. For service. Dinero Remained 'strike-free' for at least 3 years. April Fools' Trivia. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For posting 5 of your own YTP's in the Showroom. Participated in 10 successful collabs. Participated in the WMM Tourney. Participated in the Poop Tennis Season. Winner of a organized Tennis Tournament (WMM Tourney). Completed 10 Poop Tennis matches. Completed 5 Poop Tennis matches. Strike free for a whole year. Organizing the WMM Tourney with Strong414Bad. Winner of the Windows Movie Maker Tennis Tourney.

Father's Shout
  • Banned
  • FareWell Poetry. I love this group. Their the closest sounding thing to Godspeed You! Black Emperor I've heard. So that's always a plus. It's kinda interesting how they work. They've made several short black and white 16mm art films and the kinda base their music around them. And rather than traditional singing they read poetry over the music. It's some really interesting stuff.

I got their recently released debut album and I was real impressed with the packaging. Came with a DVD of the art film that the first track goes with. Mine was numbered too. #285 out of the 500 copies made. Definitely worth getting if you're a big post-rock fan.

Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos

PapaGonzales

Xtreme. I didn't really discover them per se, but I found out they have more than one good song.

You probably never heard of them.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year November 2011 - red dirt penis Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 33 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 33 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 233 days before it was shut down Hoorah, Tennis League champion!

Childhood sweetheart

FareWell Poetry. I love this group. Their the closest sounding thing to Godspeed You! Black Emperor I've heard. So that's always a plus. It's kinda interesting how they work. They've made several short black and white 16mm art films and the kinda base their music around them. And rather than traditional singing they read poetry over the music. It's some really interesting stuff.

I got their recently released debut album and I was real impressed with the packaging. Came with a DVD of the art film that the first track goes with. Mine was numbered too. #285 out of the 500 copies made. Definitely worth getting if you're a big post-rock fan.

Oooh. I know the CD I'm buying next. This sounds a lot like my type of album.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years "Best Musician" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year A Most Excellent Assortment of 25 Matches 11 participants, 18 minutes on your second Lain collab, so this medal is in order. congrats! congrats on participating in over 10 collabs dood Congrats! For completing 10 YTP Tennis matches. For uploading at least 5 YTPs into the Showroom. For completing 5 YTP Tennis matches. Good job.

Superchops

she.

That's what the artist's called. she.

And it's only one Swedish guy. Check him out though, his music is awesome.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. For writing 10608 words worth in blog entries. October 2012 - "Unstoppable Bottom Force" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year May 2012 - Overall, Regular, Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos

eletricalmonkss

The Doors

The Cramps

Two bands or at least one I've always known about. With Morrison, you could tell he was such a pioneer.

For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Long live The Complex Triangle! For being crowned champion of the Triples Tournament. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Harrison Ford Trivia Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 76 days before it was shut down

eletricalmonkss

D'Angelo

Smooth R&B singer of the 90's-early 00's. He is what Frank Ocean aspires to, plus he's making bit of a comeback in '12 and coming out with a new album.

For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Long live The Complex Triangle! For being crowned champion of the Triples Tournament. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Harrison Ford Trivia Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 76 days before it was shut down

UncleChuckTH

The Doors

With Morrison, you could tell he was such a pioneer.

Mostly awesome. It's too bad they were cut short so early; they probably had a few more great records in them.
    Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For having a blog entry featured. For writing 10356 words worth in blog entries. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the Reggie banner and the rejuvenation of Boss Scratch. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 237 days before it was shut down For uploading my entire collection of poops. You succeeded in uploading. For a lot of effort towards site projects in the past. Hopefully there will be more. For meeting Rabbit, Puffin, and their pally TINS. Big whoop. More like the BALLS collab. THERE'S TEN THERE'S FIVE For service. For writing an article! A long time ago.

Liebermintz

Supertramp.

Crime of the Century is a masterpiece in every sense of the word.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Best Musician 2016 For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For songmaking during the '11 Festival
For outstanding achievement in achievement! For taking pa-a-a-aaaaaaaart. Well done Link! You won! For news staff writings.

PhantoBrother

HOLY SHITZ! HOW DID I FIND THIS?

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos