• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
robotnikman

Smartphones Megathread

688 replies to this topic

Whelt   
Whelt

I'm still in the last generation of phones. Mine is a flip phone with a number pad... and that's about it.

Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

TyrannosaurusReich   
TyrannosaurusReich

so what exactly are these fancy pancy phones you kids are into

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

Deaniac   
Deaniac

I'm still in the last generation of phones. Mine is a flip phone with a number pad... and that's about it.

Same here. Hence the reason I want an Android phone...that, and I'm eligible for an upgrade.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

Intermission   
Intermission

So apparently the Motorola Backflip is the only Android OS phone available with my carrier.

For bein' a bitch Designing card #7 For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013
Most Likely to Rule the World 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos clobber my dick for fluck I organized a Festival that was lost when we were attacked by an insane, obsessive manchild Car-Bond For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray! Posting after Dopply For the incredible Ford image. For active service defending the fatherland, Administrator 2nd Class Emperor Ing awards IntermissionForBunny, Moderator 4th Class the medal for Moderator Service.<br />
<br />
Stand strong, soldier! I'm a genius

SirSigma   
SirSigma

So apparently the Motorola Backflip is the only Android OS phone available with my carrier.

Isn't that phone specifically designed for online social butterflies? You know, like having everything you need right off the bat to visit Facebook/Myspace/Twitter/etc?

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. For writing 13641 words worth in blog entries. 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the category of Most Likely To Rule The World.
2013 For the category of Most Helpful Member.
2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos Been here since the turn of 07. For having lost not one, but two accounts. Giving myself a PRRRROMOTION For servicing us. Heh. Thanks for the donation! The forum appreciates your good behavior. For Lucky Lottery.

Intermission   
Intermission

Isn't that phone specifically designed for online social butterflies? You know, like having everything you need right off the bat to visit Facebook/Myspace/Twitter/etc?

Shit, is it?

Maybe I should get an iPhone afterall. Honestly, I'm in no position to be picky.

For bein' a bitch Designing card #7 For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013
Most Likely to Rule the World 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos clobber my dick for fluck I organized a Festival that was lost when we were attacked by an insane, obsessive manchild Car-Bond For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray! Posting after Dopply For the incredible Ford image. For active service defending the fatherland, Administrator 2nd Class Emperor Ing awards IntermissionForBunny, Moderator 4th Class the medal for Moderator Service.<br />
<br />
Stand strong, soldier! I'm a genius

milesaaway   
milesaaway

My G1's rooted to hell, and still going strong.

shame about the battery, might get a new one soon.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Dual-Screen   
Dual-Screen

I currently have a Droid 2 right now. It's a pretty bad ass phone.

My favorite android apps would have to be...

- Akinator

- aTilt 3D Labyrinth

- Barcode Scanner

- Tesla LED (Uses the camera flash as a flashlight)

- Xpiano

You really get hooked onto the app marketplace fast.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 42 days before it was shut down

SirSigma   
SirSigma

My G1's rooted to hell, and still going strong.

shame about the battery, might get a new one soon.

Were you able to update past Android 1.6 by rooting or is the hardware the limit?

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. For writing 13641 words worth in blog entries. 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the category of Most Likely To Rule The World.
2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos Been here since the turn of 07. For having lost not one, but two accounts. Giving myself a PRRRROMOTION For servicing us. Heh. Thanks for the donation! The forum appreciates your good behavior. For Lucky Lottery.

Cathexis   
Cathexis

Man, I really want to get that phone, but one thing made my stomach drop: 800 MHz processor.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For avoiding the tyranny of our regime.

Cathexis   
Cathexis

You have AT&T, don't you? They have the Samsung Captivate, a Galaxy S phone., that runs of Android and a customized Samsung UI. I don't like the Galaxy S just because of that.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For avoiding the tyranny of our regime.

SirSigma   
SirSigma

Found this interesting article where some guy who tried hacking his Droid X ended up having to resort to drastic measures to get it working again. The guy talks about it like it's really a huge overall problem for Android, but I think he seems to have forgotten that the Droid X has an internal design that makes it very difficult to get root access on.

appdirect   
appdirect

I wonder if there is an android phone that doesn't have a touchscreen.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

Cathexis   
Cathexis

Benchmark tests of the T-Mobile G2.

The results are very impressive, better than the Nexus One's 1GHz processor.

Nelson340   
Nelson340

I've been wanting an Android phone for a while so I can get off of this shitty AT&T service without having to jailbreak and unlock my dad's iPhone as well. However, before I switch, does anyone know if there is an app similar to MyWi? (For those who are curious, click here and scroll down.)

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For finishing third place during the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Cathexis   
Cathexis

I've been wanting an Android phone for a while so I can get off of this shitty AT&T service without having to jailbreak and unlock my dad's iPhone as well. However, before I switch, does anyone know if there is an app similar to MyWi? (For those who are curious, click here and scroll down.)

http://lifehacker.com/5447347/how-to-tether-your-android-phone

Maybe this will help.

Just be careful if you're actually get an android phone and you want to root it.

SirSigma   
SirSigma

Bumping because tonight I successfully rooted my EVO.

Now the only problem is to be able to do something with it. Custom ROMs are out of the question right now since CyanogenMod can't do 4G or HDMI out, so that was out of the window. I got Metamorph and tried to test it by installing a new battery icon, but it didn't work. Maybe there's something I overlooked.

Deaniac   
Deaniac

My parents are letting me get a new phone, and I've narrowed my selection to 3 phones. One of them's a Blackberry, the other two are Android phones: Droid Incredible and Samsung Fascinate. Right now I'm focusing on the Droids.

I know one guy at my school who has an Incredible and another guy who has a Fascinate. Both of them say their respective phones are good, but I'm having alot of trouble deciding which one I want. Any suggestions fellas?

(My carrier is Verizon if you don't know.)

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!