Watermelons

One Piece

3,158 replies to this topic

Deepercutt

The Japanese version was very good, but it got WAY too complex in the later episodes.

For being on the Vanilla forums for 265 days before it was shut down Florida supercon. Oh, you Meeny! A good cut. Ribbit! Florida con, front page. Thanks for the cookies!

SuperYoshi

Seems like one of those few recent animes that I would like, but I've never really watched it. I like what I've heard from the Funimation dub.

Japan's doing a whole big Dragon Ball/One Piece crossover thing too, which is kinda neat.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

Watermelons
The Japanese version was very good.

I didn't really care which version I watched, but I was really devastated about some of the bullshit edits they made.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Dopply

The females in this show are lankier than Clamp designs.

Regardless, it's a pretty good show (if you omit the 4kids dub, of course). The Funi uncensored dub (which actually keeps the original Japanese names, like Zoro) is really good.

But yeah. Nothing to be obsessed over, but it's worth a watch.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. Granting permission for a card that was later dropped For releasing articles on YouChew's Best of the Year series from 2007-2015. It's gonna hurt It's yours, my friend Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For taking second place in 2014's Chew-or-Treat awards. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years User with Funniest Avatars 2014
Spirit of YouChew 2017 Spirit of YouChew 2014, Most Likely to Rule the World 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2015
Spirit of YouChew 2016, Smartest User 2016, Most Helpful Member 2016, Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - Sentence mix-core, Classic For the categories of Funniest Signature and Spirit of YouChew.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015 February 2012 - "Merlin's Penis" (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 215 days before it was shut down Cause he's Dopply!<br />
<br />
And for posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! Yesterday should count, right? For my cock. Obviously. A thanks to myself, I suppose, pardner. Miss10 gave this to me, and congratulated me. I felt special. For moderator service. For the most Fucking Horrifying Character in Rabbit's Character Study contest.<br />
<br />
Good work!

Blueseraph
Seems like one of those few recent animes that I would like, but I've never really watched it. I like what I've heard from the Funimation dub.

Japan's doing a whole big Dragon Ball/One Piece crossover thing too, which is kinda neat.

I don't think they're doing one, but there was a one shot manga and a short anime thing on it.

Anyway, I love One Piece. In my opinion it's better than Naruto and Bleach. It's one of those shonen adventure mangas that never loses its spirit.

Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

SuperYoshi

I don't think they're doing one, but there was a one shot manga and a short anime thing on it.

Anyway, I love One Piece. In my opinion it's better than Naruto and Bleach. It's one of those shonen adventure mangas that never loses its spirit.

I don't mean an actual show, but there's a lot of One Piece/Dragon Ball toys with Dragon Ball characters dressed up like One Piece characters and vice-versa and assorted other crossover material. There was one animated special, though I think it was shown at a convention and only like five minutes long. I haven't seen it myself.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

Dopply

*Nami titfuck video*

Yes, Nami is delicious. We know.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. Granting permission for a card that was later dropped For releasing articles on YouChew's Best of the Year series from 2007-2015. It's gonna hurt It's yours, my friend Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For taking second place in 2014's Chew-or-Treat awards. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years User with Funniest Avatars 2014
Spirit of YouChew 2017 Spirit of YouChew 2014, Most Likely to Rule the World 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2015
Spirit of YouChew 2016, Smartest User 2016, Most Helpful Member 2016, Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - Sentence mix-core, Classic For the categories of Funniest Signature and Spirit of YouChew.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015 February 2012 - "Merlin's Penis" (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 215 days before it was shut down Cause he's Dopply!<br />
<br />
And for posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! Yesterday should count, right? For my cock. Obviously. A thanks to myself, I suppose, pardner. Miss10 gave this to me, and congratulated me. I felt special. For moderator service. For the most Fucking Horrifying Character in Rabbit's Character Study contest.<br />
<br />
Good work!

Blueseraph

I don't mean an actual show, but there's a lot of One Piece/Dragon Ball toys with Dragon Ball characters dressed up like One Piece characters and vice-versa and assorted other crossover material. There was one animated special, though I think it was shown at a convention and only like five minutes long. I haven't seen it myself.

You're right about the convention thing, you can see some stuff of it on youtube.

*Nami titfuck video*

Yes, Nami is delicious. We know.

I'm ashamed I know what you are referring to.

Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

The Pope

This is actually one of the few animes that really do leap off from the manga and surpass its source.

From what I've seen, it's pretty damn good. Dramatic at hell as points, but not overly melodramatic.

Also, Tsukento did a swell "Worst 4kids Dub Moments" series (which he still hasn't finished, the faggot...)

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

SirSigma

It's an amazing show. Too bad 4kids tried to rape it.

I like it a LOT more than Naruto. Probably due to the fact that I prefer pirates over ninjas.

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. For writing 13641 words worth in blog entries. 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the category of Most Likely To Rule The World.
2013 For the category of Most Helpful Member.
2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos Been here since the turn of 07. For having lost not one, but two accounts. Giving myself a PRRRROMOTION For servicing us. Heh. Thanks for the donation! The forum appreciates your good behavior. For Lucky Lottery.

JimPaladin
  • Banned
  • Never really liked it.

I just didn't like the characters and stuff, much.

For writing the guest article "What is a Musical Leitmotif and How Do You Use It?" Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For being on the Vanilla forums for 107 days before it was shut down

Liebermintz

Anybody remember the 4Kids theme song for "One Piece"?

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Best Musician 2016 For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For songmaking during the '11 Festival
For outstanding achievement in achievement! For taking pa-a-a-aaaaaaaart. Well done Link! You won! For news staff writings.

insanimania

Before 4Kids, it was really good.

After Funimation, it got much better than before.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 170 days before it was shut down

Jonah

one piece is the only manga i read, and it's awesome

can't really describe why, it just is

i own the volumes 2-43, finnish edition

2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Comix

I remember a hentai of Nami's breasts becoming impossibly huge and lactating everywhere. I couldn't sleep for one day after seeing that.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 9 days before it was shut down

Captpan6

The only "westernized" openings I really liked were the original Poke'mon one and Digimon Frontier.

I don't really understand the point of removing a perfectly good opening and making it a rap song. It's like changing the animation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSxCYnHiD3A

Placing 2nd in Chew-or-Treat (2017) Smartest User 2017 For staying warn free for 9 years A Secret Achievement? I tell ya what isn't a secret; this award stinks! DO HOHOHOHOHO! For getting 90 5-star ratings Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years July 2012 - "The Worst Sonic Fanfiction Ever" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 60 videos with a 5 star rating May 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 80 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 80 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 80 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 99 days before it was shut down 10 strong 5 strong For being a good pet owner. Good job! For winning lucky lottery!
Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

mazx9999

The only "westernized" openings I really liked were the original Poke'mon one and Digimon Frontier.

I don't really understand the point of removing a perfectly good opening and making it a rap song. It's like changing the animation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSxCYnHiD3A

Cuz us westerners are all gangsta yo. Everyone knows every child loves rap especially those that watch a lot of anime.

For being on the Vanilla forums for 12 days before it was shut down