Watermelons

One Piece

3,249 replies to this topic

a25luxray
Spoiler

Im getting super pumped for whats to come, apparently an editor said that reverie is gonna be about 10 more chapters before we get to wano. The way this has been building up with this secret treasure, I believe that shit will hit the fan right when reverie ends and will lead right into wano where we'll start heading into endgame after kaido. Seeing all these plot threads collide finally is just so thrilling AHH i cant wait!

For staying strike free for 5 years. For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

HotFriedSkadoosh

So Germa 66 got their own transformation sequence in the anime and it's pretty nifty (not to mention nicely animated). Even had the eyecatcher dedicated to them.

One of the few instances in the anime I don't mind being drawn out.

For staying warn free for 9 years For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For getting all the standard ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus sometimes pizza times it sometimes it sometimes it sometimes pizza times pizza The galaxy is at peace Metroid Prime 100% Super Metroid complete Metroid II: Return of Samus under 2 hours Super Metroid early Energy Tank Metroid 100% GOOD Lucky Shaaaaaaaaaat THE WORLD'S LARGEST PAPERWEIGHT Look at this trophy, that you just won! YOU CLOBBAH'D DAT DERE DEEL DOH Sexual Innuendos: The Award Eyelashes! 2009/2010 For having multiple entries for both February & May 2012 with the Recommended YouTube Poops of the Month articles. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Ocarina of Time Master Quest during the community challenge. For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For obtaining 50 awards. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. Cashmoney For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange 2015 Contest - STEVE HARVERSE Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For designing the awards used in the Super Mario Challenge. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Way to go! For clearing Super Mario Land during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing the very hard game of Mario Bros 2 (JPN)/Lost Levels during the community challenge event. Wow! For completing Mario 1-3 & World for the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. HEEEEY IT'S JOE LIGOTTI, THE GUY FROM BOSTON, BABY, THIS IS MY FWUARKIN' CHEWIKI AHDICULL you know him well. Best Artist 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2017 For having a blog entry featured. "Best Artist" - 2014
Best Image Editor 2016
Best Artist 2016
Best Artist 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Well done! Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 1st in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest Thank you for your patronage! It's yours, my friend! For his winning entry "This Collage Contains Poop" in the Photopoop Contest: Festival Edition Chewbot gives congrats for having 29 videos with a 5 star rating YTP Caricature Booth Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 49 videos May 2012 - Brain rape/Rape-core May 2012 - "AND DAY" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Gumball Review Congrats, you deserve this! How exciting! CLEVER CHILD Thanks! Cookies good, om nom nom... For winning the cooking contest!
For your art entry in Harrison Ford Trivia 2012!

The Pope

It was still a little too drawn out for my taste. Or rather, if the rest of the episode wasn't so sluggishly paced I'd have had way more patience for it. It doesn't help that they each transform one by one and get number stills, then they get name stills, then they get number stills again after the eyecatcher. It was a bit much.

Still, the unique eyecatcher was pretty cool.

All I know is that I desperately hope that the Katakuri fight isn't dragged to hell and that in the very least the Snake Man episode has stellar animation. It's the second-best fight in the series, and I don't want it to end up looking bad.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Cantfly

Lot’s of stuff to digest this week. The editor really wasn’t lying when he said these chapters would be dense with information. And thankfully there's no break. Though we're probably going to get one next week and it's going to suck because so many crazy things are being set up to go down and it's hard to tell exactly where things will go from here.

Spoiler

This supposed “alliance” that’s being implied between Big Mom and Kaido is already turning up red flags to me. I could see them potentially cooperating to take on Luffy for maybe a few hours before turning on each other. Plus I feel like it would be a huge missed opportunity if Big Mom and Kaido didn’t clash to some degree. On top of that if they ended up having to handle two Emperor crews at the same time I don’t see how they’d come out on top even with the extended alliance Luffy currently has. Though considering Akainu is talking up how strong the samurai are it gives me the impression that there are a ton of people with monstrous strength that’ve just been staying in Wano for their entire lives, so if Luffy has people like that allying with him then that’s going to even the playing field a good amount.

Mjosgard appearing again to club Charloss’ head in was probably the most interesting moment about the chapter. For the most part Celestial Dragons have just been portrayed as ugly one-dimensional elite-upper-class gods on earth, so seeing him go from being just like that in the past to showcasing more nuanced character is pretty cool. The fact that he’s a Donquixote is pretty shocking though. The idea that he’s related to Doflamingo is the last thing I would’ve expected. I guess it makes sense though, since Doffy’s dad was one of the only Celestial Dragons we know of that wasn’t completely conceited and actually viewed himself as an equal to everyone else.

With this revelation though, it makes me wonder how the Revolutionaries will handle removing the Celestial Dragons from power. Clearly since Dragons like Mjosgard exist, they’re not all beyond reasoning, so going into Mariejois and blowing everything up wouldn’t be the right answer. By the time the Reverie arc ends I think we definitely need to be introduced to more Celestial Dragons, particularly the ones that most likely hold more power than others and are more likely to call the shots instead of just living in abject luxury like Charloss would.

Cool to see Lucci in canon again. Nice to see Kaku along with him too, though it was already sort of implied that he was part of CP0 at the end of Dressrosa anyway. I wonder what happened to the other CP9 members though. Did they not make the cut? There’s always the possibility that they just aren’t present at the Reverie but you’d have to wonder. A shame we didn’t get to see Spandam tagging along as Lucci’s new lapdog though, that would’ve been funny.

Then you got Shanks just casually showing up to talk to the Elders at the end. At first it seemed to me like he was about to bring up Luffy, but there’s not quite enough context to give it away. It could very well be Blackbeard too, and I kind of hope it is because that would be more exciting.

Speaking of which, are we finally going to find out what Elders’ individual names are? It’s been well over a decade since they’ve been introduced and we still just know of them as a collective of five old dudes. It’s not like they’re all a hivemind with the same opinions on everything so I don’t think giving out their names would ruin the idea of them being this high-echelon entity of power.  

Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

The Pope

If the Gorosei (well, I guess the official title now is "Five Elders") get major focus next chapter, we'll probably finally get names for them. Every single appearance for them since they were introduced has been either a group shot or one single panel, so they haven't really been able to say much.

And yeah, I don't really see Luffy beating an Emperor yet; way I see it, once he beats someone like Kaido, beating someone like Blackbeard won't have the same heft. My guess is that Big Mom and Kaido will somehow end up cannibalizing each other. That, or indeed the forces of Wano will end up surprise curb-stomping them.

Though that just adds even further to the pile of shit that will be happening at Wano, between the Samurai, Minks, Kaido, Kid, Law, Drake, Apoo, Hawkins (we haven't seen him since Kaido was introduced but he has to be around somewhere), and now BIg Mom too, and that's before you get into any surprises. Consider that walking into Dressrosa we thought it'd just be Luffy vs Doffy; we didn't expect Jesus, CP-0, Sabo, a new Admiral, or the formation of the goddamn Grand Fleet. Like, no joke, I could see Wano being like 1/3 of the rest of the series. Because judging on how much gets settled at Wano, we could see one big arc at Elbaf (and since that's an "ancient" land filled with really old dudes it'd be really cool to get a bunch of mysteries from the past solved there, also since they're totally gonna get Kaido's Road Poneglyph prints while at Wano the last Road Poneglyph could easily be at Elbaf), and then finally Raftel. We're getting to endgame, bois.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Cantfly

When it comes to beating Kaido, I always felt that it would end up being a tag-team effort in a similar vein to the Oars fight, only instead of it involving the Straw Hats it would feature all the Supernovas present in Wano. I think it would make sense because at the end of the day they all want a piece of him so that they could further their own reputations, though ultimately it'll be Luffy that deals the final blow and obtains the glory. The only ones that we don't have confirmation of being there yet are Bege, Bonney and Urouge, and for all we know they could end up being thrown into the mix if we find out more information. The situation with Kaido is different from Big Mom; he has to be defeated in Wano because he's seized control of territory that belongs to someone else and needs to be kicked out so Wano can be liberated, whereas with Big Mom she was the owner of Totto Land and even if she was knocked unconscious it's not like there was some other oppressed kingdom to take control of her territory again.

Also I'm about 90% confident that Moria will appear in Wano again too. There's a ton of history there to back it up; not only would it make sense with Kaido being there and allowing Moria to try and exact some form of revenge, but he and Hogback are also the ones who robbed Ryuma's grave to begin with, so obviously they know how to get in and out of the country and we'd probably find out more about that. It would also give us a chance to maybe see Nightmare Luffy again, and combine that with Gear 4 and Luffy would be able to deal some hefty damage to Kaido for however long he could maintain that form. It would at the very least give him a leg up after Big Mom and the Supernovas have their time with him. But at this point its all speculation how the fight will break out, who will be involved  and in what capacity.

Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Cantfly
Spoiler

Reverie is now in session boys. Time for people to start shouting and/or causing shit to go down. Considering Fujitora pulled both Cobra and Riku aside it’s pretty much a guarantee that he coached them about how to propose removing the Warlords from power permanently. Hopefully this ushers in the full reveal of Ryokugyu too

Seeing Kuma being slaved around like that sucks though. He was always up there with Doflamingo and Jinbe as one of my favorite Warlords so I hope Sabo and the boys can find some way to at least liberate him even though he’s a mindless robot to the government at this point. I’d be disappointed if we didn’t eventually find out about his backstory, especially now that we know that he was a former king. We need to find out how he went from that to joining the Revs to then becoming a guinea pig to Vegapunk and the World Government. His “Tyrant” epithet makes more sense now at least, most likely a derogatory title given to him by the Government to paint him as an awful ruler in order to make their enslaving of him justified by the public. Nuts to think Oda had this planned out for him from so long ago. Goda at it again.

Finally we get to see Bonney again. Since she’s here at the moment that pretty much all but confirms that she won’t be at Wano, but I’m fine with that given she clearly has a pretty important mission going on. Does this chapter imply that she had some sort of connection to Kuma though? The only weird thing is that we already saw her express unusual discomfort with Ace and Whitebeard passing away so I thought she had some connection with them. Maybe she's tied to all three simultaneously, I guess it wouldn't surprise me.

Not surprised at all that the whole “Empty Throne” thing was just propaganda and that there’s someone at the helm of the entire government. We probably won’t find out a lot about who they are until a lot later though, but they’re pretty clearly being set up to be one of the final antagonists in the series given the scene where they’re ripping up the pictures of Luffy, Blackbeard and Shirahoshi. Speculating at this point would just be grasping at straws though, not even going to try and figure out who they are.

Best Writer 2014
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

The Pope

That eye gives me some Madara vibes, and that gets me worried.

I'm really hoping Oda doesn't go the same "this person not named up until now was the bad guy ALL ALONG!!!" route that both Naruto and Bleach took. I guess I'm okay with there being one king of something, but I'm really hoping they don't turn out to be the true antagonist, since that has the potential to get pretty lame.