Captpan6

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

636 posts in this topic

I'm contemplating on whether I should see this at midnight or not. Two of my local movie theaters are doing Nolan Batman movie marathons leading up to Rises. Would it be worth the $20?

Also I spent the last half hour reading that old Dark Knight thread. Not sure why.

For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

Ok, got tickets to see it Friday 7:00 PM. No way I'm sitting in the front row again. The last movie was hard to understand as is. I had trouble watching The Avengers because my eyes had to travel the screen.

For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

No plans to see it 'till August.

And speaking of Rises, I'm surprised that people here haven't started babbling about how "epic" the movie will be, and how it deserves oscars and stuff.

Not that I'm saying the movie will suck, because I'm really interested in watching it. I just want to prevent hearing "THE BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR YOU SHOULD WATCH IT" opinions.

For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

I don't have too high hopes. Overestimation is useless.

For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

I heard that they're going to be showing a small trailer for the new Superman movie too. Hopefully it'll be good and they won't have to reboot the franchise yet again.

For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Oh yeah, the action scenes in the previous movies were clunky as hell. This video perfectly breaks down an example of the bad editing shot by shot.

But hey that doesn't matter. TDK was still a great movie, and even if that kind of editing is still in this new movie, I'm sure it'll be acceptable to watch.

Though, I'm trying not to get too hyped up. I barely knew anything about TDK around the time (aside from knowing that Heath Ledger was supposed to be really good in it) and when I finally saw it, I was blown away. So, even though I'm expecting a good experience from this movie, I'll at least try to expect it not to be earth-shatteringly good.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years December 2011 - Overall, Sentence mix-core For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down Cool job. Hoorah, Doubles Tourney Champion! This 2nd Tennis Fuck Choice Award was never given to you months ago when it should have been, because with the format of the old forum it was not possible to give duplicate medals, but now it is, so:<br />
<br />
"GameBop vs. AjaxCubed turned out to

One of my uh.. ahem.. inside men told me that a leaked copy with unfinished special effects surfaced on the Internet last week, so be weary of spoilers.

The same thing happened with TDK about 2-3 weeks before it came out. So, that combined with press privileges, I was spoiled rotten for TDK. I really don't want that to happen this time.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years I think you dropped this, sir.

I heard that they're going to be showing a small trailer for the new Superman movie too. Hopefully it'll be good and they won't have to reboot the franchise yet again.

Uuhh... The Man of Steel will be a reboot of the Superman movie series. It was originally planned to be a sequel to Superman Returns but about a year ago or two they changed direction.

For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

I heard that they're going to be showing a small trailer for the new Superman movie too. Hopefully it'll be good

If it's directed by Zack Snyder, it probably won't be.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

Uuhh... The Man of Steel will be a reboot of the Superman movie series. It was originally planned to be a sequel to Superman Returns but about a year ago or two they changed direction.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I was saying that I just hope that the film doesn't receive lukewarm reception like Superman Returns did so that we won't have to see them reboot it constantly until they get it right.

I totally forgot that he was directing the new movie.

...God dammit. When will DC get some competent directors for films that don't involve Batman.

For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Ah, now I get your point. My bad.

There are positive and negative feedbacks of Snyder's chance of creating a movie series. The bad side is that his movie adaptations from comic books had always been criticized because of how much it doesn't follow the original story. The plus side is that Superman's story is so overdone either officially either in parody that there's still a chance of having some innovative plot enrichment Since Nolan is co-writting it, there won't be any problem, since Sucker Punch is an original story and the movie pretty much sucked. And with those typical eye-candy effects from Snyder movies, I guess there's a bigger advantage of creating sequels.

As far as I know, Goyer is the one doing the majority of the writing.

Goyer as a writer is a mixed bag. A lot of his stuff is frankly not very good.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years I think you dropped this, sir.

I totally forgot that he was directing the new movie.

...God dammit. When will DC get some competent directors for films that don't involve Batman.

Hey now, Snyder isn't that bad. His only movie that I considered mediocre was Sucker Punch. I think it'll be interesting to see his take on Superman.

Also referring to what you said in another thread about Nolan's Batman films having bad costume designs, I couldn't help but notice how lazily they did Bane. He's literally just a guy with a mask.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years You outstanding achievement in achievement!

The whole "Bane eating a fucking spider" get-up is what is annoying me the most though. Why not just give him his regular mask? It's not that out of the ordinary. Hell, the fucking Scarecrow wears a burlap sack over his head so I really don't see what they were aiming for with this design.

Best Writer 2014
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

The thing about Snyder is that all of his movies except one are based on existing works. The ONE original movie he did ended up kind of sucking (lol). Man of Steel has no foundation to go by other than being a Superman movie and that's what people are nervous about.

He's all right, but he should stay in the director's seat.

For staying strike free for 7 years. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016 For having a blog featured Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

The whole "Bane eating a fucking spider" get-up is what is annoying me the most though. Why not just give him his regular mask? It's not that out of the ordinary. Hell, the fucking Scarecrow wears a burlap sack over his head so I really don't see what they were aiming for with this design.

Reading up on the process they went through to make the mask gave me a much better appreciation of it. I can't be assed to link something right now, but they did put a lot of thought into how the thing looked.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Man, this reminds me of the people who were trying to find some then-contemporary political subtext related to the Iraq War in Revenge of the Sith, which is giving Lucas too much credit as a writer. Oh wait, this thread is about Christopher Nolan Batman, not Star Wars, oops.

Then again, this is Limbaugh whose entire job description is "say outrageous bullshit to get people's attention". That article described him as a "rabble-rouser" which is a fitting term for him.

I haven't seen TDK is god knows how long, but I remember enjoying the action scenes. Maybe I'll start to notice why you people hated them in the new one, if and when I go to see it.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down