Cantfly

Red Letter Media

496 replies to this topic

Cantfly

Fuck. Yes.

Watching immediately.

EDIT: Oh hell yeah he's starting the review off with that fucking song again. This is something that I've come to love.

Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

dvariano

Just watched it. Even though I still have a soft spot for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (it's shrinking, don't worry), Stoklasa/Plinkett makes a lot of good points. And I'm glad he didn't harp on the nuclear bomb scene like every nerd on the internet has done already.

PART time

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 68 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 68 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 260 days before it was shut down Thanks for being Strike-Free for three years!

Cantfly

Holy fuck that Olsen twins part

I think Plinkett just topped the "I'm fucking the cat" scene

But yeah this is really great, as always. I really am glad that he's focusing more on how the movie just seemed like a jumbled mess of random, unrelated ideas instead of just aiming at ridiculous stuff like the "nuking the fridge" moment. Though at the same time I never would expect a Plinkett review to just aim for the lowest possible criticisms of the film.

Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Cantfly

New Half in the Bag for that Ghost Rider sequel

we buttur make shure he duesn't turn out tubee the antichraaaaist

Best Writer 2014
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Comix

I honestly don't know why you are praising Plinkett for the "humor segments".

Yes, he does do an excellent job of showing why the films are terrible, but his voice is irritating as shit, and the parts that make him seem like a deranged psychopath completely detract any positive qualities from the review in whole.

Would you publicly agree with someone who seemingly prides himself on locking women up in basements to rape/murder them? And don't mention that this is an act, it's still as stupid and wrong as those idiots who make long winded "stories" aside their reviews where some DARK DEATH EVIL KING OF DOOM is trying to kill the reviewer... for some reason.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 9 days before it was shut down

DMW90

And don't mention that this is an act,

Well it's hard to ignore the fact that its an act, though like other reviewers of this nature, I tend to not bother with their "film event" and just watch the reviews. Though the major difference seems to be that RLM's events are less about "I'M A FILM REVIEWER, LOVE ME" and more about the fact that Plinkett is a sick fuck and actually got people going after him for vengence for his crimes. But that's all I can tell without watching the full film, so maybe it is like Kickassia but with a bigger budget.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years YOUCHEW! YOUCHEW! YEAH YEAH YEAH! YOUCHEW! YOUCHEW! RAH RAH RAH! Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo event! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 9 videos

Cantfly

Yes, he does do an excellent job of showing why the films are terrible, but his voice is irritating as shit, and the parts that make him seem like a deranged psychopath completely detract any positive qualities from the review in whole.

Would you publicly agree with someone who seemingly prides himself on locking women up in basements to rape/murder them? And don't mention that this is an act, it's still as stupid and wrong as those idiots who make long winded "stories" aside their reviews where some DARK DEATH EVIL KING OF DOOM is trying to kill the reviewer... for some reason.

I think that's kind of missing the point if you're automatically going to dismiss the analyses that he provides just because his character is designed to be a disgusting freak. I mean, if you don't like the voice or the side-humor involving that personality, then that's fine, but in that case I think his reviews just aren't for you because there are plenty of people, myself included, that do find that kind of stuff funny.

And I think the difference between him and some other reviewers is that he was designed as a fictional reviewer from the start while with a lot of other reviewers they sort of slowly evolved into a character due to the overacting for emphasis that some try to pull off. Luckily with Plinkett it's mostly in reverse, with him being pretty reserved and calm for the majority of the actually review until he experiences one of his sporadic freakouts. And while there is a story to the side, I think they formatted it so that it's pretty easy to ignore. It's not like they force you to watch the Revenge of Nadine stuff.

Best Writer 2014
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Grease Witherspoon

The Star Wars reviews were amazing but I really didn't like the plinkett scenes for the most part. Not that they were terrible or anything. A few of them were really funny but it gets to be too much at times and I lost interest in the plinkett character after a while.

I'm much more into half in the bag. They're quick and usually funny and related to the movies they review. The best part of half in the bag are the actual film discussions though.

Unfortunately red letter media will be stuck between fans who want more half in the bag and fans who want more plinkett reviews. Even if they do both people will complain that they should stop doing one and do the other.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013 2013 January 2013 - "Batmans Overtly Sexual Fair Use Adventure" (Sentence mix-core) December 2011 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 55 videos A whoppin' 25 videos uploaded.

Comix

I think that's kind of missing the point if you're automatically going to dismiss the analyses that he provides just because his character is designed to be a disgusting freak. I mean, if you don't like the voice or the side-humor involving that personality, then that's fine, but in that case I think his reviews just aren't for you because there are plenty of people, myself included, that do find that kind of stuff funny.

And I think the difference between him and some other reviewers is that he was designed as a fictional reviewer from the start while with a lot of other reviewers they sort of slowly evolved into a character due to the overacting for emphasis that some try to pull off. Luckily with Plinkett it's mostly in reverse, with him being pretty reserved and calm for the majority of the actually review until he experiences one of his sporadic freakouts. And while there is a story to the side, I think they formatted it so that it's pretty easy to ignore. It's not like they force you to watch the Revenge of Nadine stuff.

It's hard to focus on a person's analysis when they're gloating about being horrific douchebags. The whole thing reeks of anti-intellectualism: "people who DO think about this sort of stuff do so because there is something wrong with them" seems to be the message being conveyed.

Fuck Mr. Plinkett and other gimmicky reviewers. Just give us your thoughts on the movie and give your reasons behind these thoughts.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 9 days before it was shut down

Cantfly

I guess I'll just have to agree to disagree with you about the messages being conveyed; I think they make a good point of being perfectly clear about what their thoughts are on a film and why they think that way, and even if I find myself disagreeing with them at one point or another, I'm at least able to understand where it is that they come from in the first place. Any instances of Plinkett being a douche usually have nothing to do with him calling out opposing views as being wrong.

Best Writer 2014
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

SuperYoshi

I sort of half agree with Comix. The whole song and dance I think is a big turn off for the in-character Plinkett reviews -- although they did start to grow on me -- but I absolutely love Half in the Bag and I'm kind of shocked most people think otherwise.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

Robotic

I don't get how people can like Plinkett reviews and not love HitB either. I guess HitB is less in depth? But I've grown to respect RLM much more since they've started that series, it really shows how much they know about movies.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Cantfly

Yeah, from what I've seen usually if you like the Plinkett reviews then you'll end up enjoying Half in the Bag just as much. The only reason I've seen people dislike it is because Machinima hosts it for some reason and if it doesn't have to do with video games then the audience that follows that channel automatically dismisses it as shit.

But yeah, both review series showcase that they really understand how movies work and if anything it's just really entertaining to see them go into detail about it.

Best Writer 2014
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

精武

I'd kill to see Space Cop become a reality... but I might just settle for buying one of these.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 138 days before it was shut down

UncleSamEagle

So apparently that one humorless nerdfag who wrote a 108-page response to RLM's Phantom Menace review is now writing a rebuttual to the Episode II review. I'm going to post a few samples of what he's written because it's fony:

(spoilered to protect brain cells.)

Also makes a point how this all leads to the "most bizare, loveless, awkward, and forced romance in cinematic history"

Opinion again.

I won't disagree that the Anakin/Padme romance was awkward. To be fair to George Lucas though, it's pretty clear that on some level he intended for it to be awkward. Anakin grew up in a celibate Jedi Order. Going back to TPM, Padme seemed to be a lonely girl whose entire life was devoted toward public duty. These characters wouldn't naturally be skilled lovers.

In my opinion, some of the lines between them during Anakin's courtship were quite good, reflecting clumsy attempts at friendly chit chat in the course of dry job related matters. Other lines, like Anakin talking about how he "can't breathe" when Padme's around, were terrible, but indicative of an inexperienced lover.

I don't know if I would give the movie a complete pass on the romance scenes. I myself felt unmoved by it when I saw the movie again several years ago. But then I thought about just what Padme's character was supposed to be, something that most people never bother doing. I remembered how lonely and overwhelmed she was in TPM, and how distrusting she was of everybody's help in the first act of AOTC. She fell for Anakin's advances because he whittled her down with affection, when she felt so alone before.

The prequels are partially the tragedy of two well-intentioned but naive young heroes falling in love, leading to their downfall. That's how I think it should be looked at, and how I can sympathize with their romance. I won't begrudge someone for simply disliking this portrayal of flawed romance though, because they'd rather see one that was good for the characters. I just think that the movie holds up regardless.

So instead they are waiting for the assassin to strike tonight. It's like they read the script in advance.

Or more like Stoklasa is desperately trying to create problems in the script.

SO they go in there and they look around and the assassin does something out of character. He attempts to kill one of the jedi. This guy's mission was to kill Padme. If he is in a position to sneak up on a jedi, then why isn't he using this opportunity to escape?

Because people don't always make the right decisions, especially after a stressful chase and combat situation? Because she saw an immediate opportunity and went for it, as people often do?

Look at the way he tries to pick apart the behavior of a minor villain here. How does someone like this watch the Original Trilogy, with all the stupid things that the Empire does? Oh yeah, with rose tinted glasses on.

So then the assassin with perfect assassination skills takes out the other assassin when he should have just killed Amidala himself. Hey guys, there is the bounty hunter responsible for everything. Yep he is flying away in a jetpack, probably with a limited range. Hey remember when you guys were able to chase after and locate one speeder among millions? How about you run back to your speeder and chase after this guy now? I'm sure he is not going to get too far in a rocket pack.

Does Stoklasa whine like this every time a movie villain gets away?

I've asked the question before: THIS is the geek idol who's supposedly showing Lucas up with his intelligent, insightful, and airtight criticisms? This is the guy who supposedly ended all debate about the prequels, to the point where certain people just post links to his videos with no comment?

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 10 videos

精武

I just scanned through the comments on some of Machinima's Half in the Bag uploads, and all I can say is what is it with Machinima viewers and bitching about insignificant crap nobody fucking cares about? Somebody tell these people to grow a sense of humor.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 138 days before it was shut down

Cantfly

It's not funny Halo parody #237 though so it sucks

Best Writer 2014
<br />
Spreading Lago Love