Cantfly

Red Letter Media

505 replies to this topic

Robotic

So apparently that one humorless nerdfag who wrote a 108-page response to RLM's Phantom Menace review is now writing a rebuttual to the Episode II review. I'm going to post a few samples of what he's written because it's fony:

(spoilered to protect brain cells.)

Also makes a point how this all leads to the "most bizare, loveless, awkward, and forced romance in cinematic history"

Opinion again.

I won't disagree that the Anakin/Padme romance was awkward. To be fair to George Lucas though, it's pretty clear that on some level he intended for it to be awkward. Anakin grew up in a celibate Jedi Order. Going back to TPM, Padme seemed to be a lonely girl whose entire life was devoted toward public duty. These characters wouldn't naturally be skilled lovers.

In my opinion, some of the lines between them during Anakin's courtship were quite good, reflecting clumsy attempts at friendly chit chat in the course of dry job related matters. Other lines, like Anakin talking about how he "can't breathe" when Padme's around, were terrible, but indicative of an inexperienced lover.

I don't know if I would give the movie a complete pass on the romance scenes. I myself felt unmoved by it when I saw the movie again several years ago. But then I thought about just what Padme's character was supposed to be, something that most people never bother doing. I remembered how lonely and overwhelmed she was in TPM, and how distrusting she was of everybody's help in the first act of AOTC. She fell for Anakin's advances because he whittled her down with affection, when she felt so alone before.

The prequels are partially the tragedy of two well-intentioned but naive young heroes falling in love, leading to their downfall. That's how I think it should be looked at, and how I can sympathize with their romance. I won't begrudge someone for simply disliking this portrayal of flawed romance though, because they'd rather see one that was good for the characters. I just think that the movie holds up regardless.

So instead they are waiting for the assassin to strike tonight. It's like they read the script in advance.

Or more like Stoklasa is desperately trying to create problems in the script.

SO they go in there and they look around and the assassin does something out of character. He attempts to kill one of the jedi. This guy's mission was to kill Padme. If he is in a position to sneak up on a jedi, then why isn't he using this opportunity to escape?

Because people don't always make the right decisions, especially after a stressful chase and combat situation? Because she saw an immediate opportunity and went for it, as people often do?

Look at the way he tries to pick apart the behavior of a minor villain here. How does someone like this watch the Original Trilogy, with all the stupid things that the Empire does? Oh yeah, with rose tinted glasses on.

So then the assassin with perfect assassination skills takes out the other assassin when he should have just killed Amidala himself. Hey guys, there is the bounty hunter responsible for everything. Yep he is flying away in a jetpack, probably with a limited range. Hey remember when you guys were able to chase after and locate one speeder among millions? How about you run back to your speeder and chase after this guy now? I'm sure he is not going to get too far in a rocket pack.

Does Stoklasa whine like this every time a movie villain gets away?

I've asked the question before: THIS is the geek idol who's supposedly showing Lucas up with his intelligent, insightful, and airtight criticisms? This is the guy who supposedly ended all debate about the prequels, to the point where certain people just post links to his videos with no comment?

Miss the point entirely, resort to ad hominem.

Is this guy a redditor?

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

VGFM

It's not funny Minecraft parody #237 though so it sucks

Fixed.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your contribution to YouChew's favorite Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

UncleSamEagle

RLM tries their hand at a video game review show, featuring Rich Evans as himself. Apparently they filmed a few episodes of this for Machinima (who they're no longer working with with.) There's some sprinkles of their sense of humor here and there but for the most part I thought it was a little dull. Then again, just about every pilot episode of every TV show is usually kinda awkward, so maybe things will improve?

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 10 videos

Robotic

Yeah, they need to get in the groove. Good insight, but nothing I haven't heard before and certainly not as in depth as HitB is with movies.

I think this is what they were talking about when they said they'd take on ME3.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

UncleSamEagle

omuvG.jpg

Got these in the mail today. The Archive Collection DVD is quite the treat. Tons of neat and fun stuff to watch, along with some great commentary tracks, outtakes and behind the scenes footage. It's got all of their 48 Hour Film Festival movies, most of the original Plinkett shorts, and some other miscellaneous short films they made. Then there's Pork Pork in Space which was... something. I'm not quite sure what, but it was definitely something.

Last but not least, there's the Plinkett Documentary which was pretty fuckin legit. Apparently the first Plinkett short was made for a college video production class. I'd love to know how the other students reacted to it.

I haven't watched Feeding Frenzy yet, which is one I've been really looking forward to.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 10 videos

精武

I got those in a few weeks ago, as well, although something in me didn't feel like paying the two measly extra dollars to get one of them signed.

Well, I can tell you I regret being a cheapskate.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 138 days before it was shut down

DMW90

I've been watching a bunch of Half in the Bag episodes over the past weekend, and holy shit the Black Ninja episode is fucking gold. The fact that a film like this even exists is fucking astounding, up until the point where it was revealed that a chunk of Troma's staff worked on Black Ninja which makes sense. But still, a great episode for such a horrid film.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years YOUCHEW! YOUCHEW! YEAH YEAH YEAH! YOUCHEW! YOUCHEW! RAH RAH RAH! Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo event! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 9 videos

Robotic

New HitB. They talk about that Adam Sandler movie. You don't need any more reasons to go watch it RIGHT NOW.

Robotic

Whoa double post.

HitB tears apart The Amazing Spiderman.

At the end they give a mini review of Moonrise Kingdom, in which they call it their favorite movie of the year. Cantflyman and I are revealed as RLM dick suckers from the future.

Cantfly

At the end they give a mini review of Moonrise Kingdom, in which they call it their favorite movie of the year. Cantflyman and I are revealed as RLM dick suckers from the future.

Yep, sounds about right!

Anyway if they really did make a video reviewing That's My Boy then I have to watch it immediately because anything they do revolving around Adam Sandler's stuff is gold.

Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Emperor Ing

I've only watched the Plinkett reviews of Star Wars Episode 1 and most of Ep2, but they are some funny, entertaining stuff.

I'm going to have to watch more of this website in the future.

For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 67 days before it was shut down http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/20616-the-comparative-history-of-the-svirean-people/ For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For doing something awesome, I dunno. THANKS FOR THE HELP, BROTHER Thanks for participating. Awarded to you as a member of the team Windows Movie Maker Miscreants for emerging victorious in the tennis season! Congratulations on the result of your teamwork, skill and endurance! For taking part. Tennis Fuck Choice award. you did it my boy, you won. the birds, how beautifully they sing in the pit.<br />
<br />
it is indeed clean. ing vs moogle was one of the best tennis matches i have watched, so you sir, get one of the hardest awards on the site For 10 For 5! The most well behaved giant tentacle dark ballsack to ever live. For service. Ribbit! Something about Tennis. For Best Overall Character in Rabbit's Character Study Contest.

Cantfly

Just finished watching the review. I love how you could just sense the feelings of distress that Mike and Jay were experiencing just by switching topics to that movie.

THAT'S MY BOY IS THE LATEST COMEDY FROM ADAM SANDLER

Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

精武

I actually hope they do a HitB about Things; I'd love to hear their take on it, and they've bandied it about as a possibility in one of the more recent episodes, so here's hoping.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 138 days before it was shut down

Grease Witherspoon

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't know if it was going to be a while or not before they made more half in the bag. I love red letter media

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013 2013 January 2013 - "Batmans Overtly Sexual Fair Use Adventure" (Sentence mix-core) December 2011 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 55 videos A whoppin' 25 videos uploaded.

MAZZ0Murder

I've been watching a bunch of Half in the Bag episodes over the past weekend, and holy shit the Black Ninja episode is fucking gold. The fact that a film like this even exists is fucking astounding, up until the point where it was revealed that a chunk of Troma's staff worked on Black Ninja which makes sense. But still, a great episode for such a horrid film.

I watch them on and off. Some seem like they're deflated and do not really want to review it...and their acting in skitz really shows that later one!, but then some other reviews are pretty decent!

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years It's a little itchy. For staying warn free for 9 years For completing Link's Awakening during the community challenge. For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

VGFM

Why the hell is it that the "Assist Me" version of Wesker seems less ridiculous than the film version?

For staying strike free for 7 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your contribution to YouChew's favorite Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episodes. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year