• Announcements

• Whelt

Regarding the recent update   07/20/2017

As you may be aware, the forum software underwent an update that turned out to be somewhat buggy. We rolled back the update for now, and will plan on making a more smooth transition later on in the future. In the meantime, you may notice the forum loading slowly as a lot of processes are running right now. We ask for your continued patience, and apologize for any inconvenience.
Luioigi

Youtube Problems

2,225 posts in this topic

Looks like the Annotated Series is no more then. Never change Youtube, never change.

Cursing the curser with twice the curse Buttfather SCROUNDER Look at this trophy, that you just won! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks User with Funniest Avatars 2017
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017
Best Image Editor 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017 Best Artist 2017
Best Newcomer 2017
User with Coolest Avatars 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! bubble gum and taffy That's a lot of love! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! It's a little itchy... For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! Asked nicely.

In the YouTube app, Some channels I subscribe to the app doesn't let me put the notifications on the phone because it says the connection timed out, causing my to subscribe, then subscribe to them again to enable the notifications, which is stupid.

For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

All of the sudden, my subscriptions aren't showing videos from certain channels, including videos I've already watched. Now I'm forced to resubscribe to several channels for their videos to show up in my subscription feed again, and I have no idea why this has happened.

For 50 awards! PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! PUH-LAQUE MONSTERS donation_award_notes For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT For participating in YouChew Secret Santa event prior to 2015 For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Link's Crossbow Training during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Richer! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. For finishing first place in the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award. Great work! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing the very hard game of Mario Bros 2 (JPN)/Lost Levels during the community challenge event. Wow! For completing Mario 1-3 & World for the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 For clearing Sonic CD during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. He's bigger, faster, Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For the EARRAPE Collab. For the EARRAPE Collab. For your article about what's new about the New Nintendo 3DS. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Congrats on 10 collabs! March 2014 - "Kuroko Forgets How To Peel Tomatoes" (Regular) March 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year User with Funniest Signatures 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

VDgdsKB.jpg

Ah, I see the Unsubscribe glitch YouTube refuses to acknowledge is still going strong. So far, I've only notice it unsub me from one channel thus far. There could be more, but I'm subbed to over 300 channels, so it'd be hard for me to notice if it unsubbed me from channels I haven't seen activity from in years. It's not even that new of an issue, either. It's got to be at least a year old now at this point and is still happening. 

GO and KILL! Submitting 100 videos to the Video System User with Coolest Avatars 2017
Friendliest User 2017
Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For receiving a candy heart during the Valentine's Day event! For getting 20 awards For meeting LaVie CestLol and ravinrabbid123 For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For taking 1st Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! Congrats! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest I can do it, I can do it 10 times. For staying strike free for 1 year. For The Angry Grandpa Collab. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of May 2016. FIVE! FIVE TENNIS MATCHES! HA HA HA HA!! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Hey, gimme a boost, Mario. For collecting all the silver cards Best Tenniser 2016
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016
Friendliest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Image Editor 2017
User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2017
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Best Newcomer 2016
Best Writer 2016
Best Tenniser 2017
Best Writer 2017
User with Coolest Signatures 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Regular)
Top 10 Videos of June 2017 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 / Top 10 Videos of June 2017 Congratulations on your first ever Writing Staff article, my friend! :) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

It's not so much that I was unsubscribed from channels without knowing it as it was that I was still subscribed to said channels but they weren't showing any of their videos in my subscription feed. I've never had this issue until now, but unsubscribing from a channel and then resubscribing seems to fix it.

I'm glad that I've managed to find a workaround, but it's still pretty annoying.

For 50 awards! PATRICK NEEDS LOVE TOO! PUH-LAQUE MONSTERS donation_award_notes For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event! IT'S GOT YOU WRITTEN ALL OVER IT For participating in YouChew Secret Santa event prior to 2015 For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Link's Crossbow Training during the community challenge. For completing The Legend of Zelda during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing Ocarina of Time during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Richer! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For having a blog featured For staying strike free for 3 years. For finishing first place in the YouChew Mario Madness Mario Kart 8 tournament! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 during the community challenge event. For clearing all of the games required for this prestigious award. Great work! For clearing Super Mario Galaxy to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing the very hard game of Mario Bros 2 (JPN)/Lost Levels during the community challenge event. Wow! For completing Mario 1-3 & World for the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Sunshine 100% during a community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 For clearing Sonic CD during the community challenge event. For completing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. He's bigger, faster, Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For the EARRAPE Collab. For the EARRAPE Collab. For your article about what's new about the New Nintendo 3DS. For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Congrats on 10 collabs! March 2014 - "Kuroko Forgets How To Peel Tomatoes" (Regular) March 2014 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year User with Funniest Signatures 2016
Best YouTube Pooper 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Ah right. Yeah, I've been hearing about that happening for a little while too now. YouTube really needs to get its shit together.

GO and KILL! Submitting 100 videos to the Video System User with Coolest Avatars 2017
Friendliest User 2017
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For receiving a candy heart during the Valentine's Day event! For getting 20 awards For meeting LaVie CestLol and ravinrabbid123 For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 For taking 1st Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! Congrats! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest I can do it, I can do it 10 times. For staying strike free for 1 year. For The Angry Grandpa Collab. For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of May 2016. FIVE! FIVE TENNIS MATCHES! HA HA HA HA!! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Hey, gimme a boost, Mario. For collecting all the silver cards Best Tenniser 2016
Friendliest User 2016
Best Image Editor 2017
Best Writer 2016
Best Tenniser 2017
Best Writer 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Regular)
Top 10 Videos of June 2017 (Regular) Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 / Top 10 Videos of June 2017 Congratulations on your first ever Writing Staff article, my friend! :) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

The notification system is beyond fucked at this point. I've been getting notified on comments that are months old now.

Friendliest User 2017
Smartest User 2017
Friendliest User 2016
Best Image Editor 2017
Best Writer 2016
Best Tenniser 2017
Best Writer 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017

If I watch a video more than 3 times, it will continuously appear in my recommendations, like 3 times wasn't enough. So I have to reset the youtube watch history on occasion to get it to go away.

Hey. You should have this again! For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Jul 2016 (YTPMV)

Sometimes I'll get email notifications a full 20 minutes before it shows up on youtube itself.

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. August 2014 - "Lady Ski Conquers Compton" (Sentence mix-core) Best Musician 2014, Best Musician 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos September 2013 - Overall, Regular

Very minor issue, but I'm getting notifications for comments that were left on my videos months ago. It's odd.

Wads of dosh Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For reaching this poop milestone. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For completing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For writing 10594 words worth in blog entries. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Most Likely to Rule the World 2015, User with Coolest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016. Most Likely to Rule the World 2016, Smartest User 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Best Image Editor 2016
Best Image Editor 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for having 45 5-star ratings on your videos Have a Ratburn For fighting the good fight in the war against copyright. For what is probably the first 60FPS YTP ever made. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2013 - "Brett Keane collab" (Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 great head CHEWS YOUR RACER Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos December 2012 - Brain rape/Rape-core as promised. congrats on 5 matches! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Also minor issue, but sometimes a video would tell me I have, say, 5 comments, but I would only see 3. No comments would need approval or have been flagged as spam.

Doesn't seem to be like that right now though. And I've also noticed I'm getting notifications for comments that are weeks old, though not very often. That shit happens on facebook constantly though for comments that are several hours or even over a day old.

You're not afraid of DRAGONS, are you? Oh hey, you got 10 matches. Congrats! For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! You are victorious! You won the Match Voting Tournament alongside Gamebop! Well done! That's a lot of love! For staying strike free for 3 years. bubble gum and taffy Try in on, ravin! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards Best Artist 2016
Best Artist 2017
Best Tenniser 2017
Friendliest User 2017
User with Funniest Signatures 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Favorite Staff Member 2016 For collecting all 60 bronze cards! it's only FICTIONAL MONEY Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa LaVie est belle ;)
Ninero
BeanosOnToast
NataliaHTTPS
Biodegradable Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments In the name of science Welcome to Outer Heaven. For coming in 2nd in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Best Newcomer 2015
Friendliest User 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year January 2015 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

I've just discovered that YouTube is going to discard annotations.

What the actual fuck. I get it that making them to work in mobile devices is a tough job, but seriously? It's a decision almost as dumb as if they decided to abandon captions altogether because automatic ones unintentionally generate political propaganda.

I haven't visited The Annotation Station forums for I watch their videos for quite a while, but I expect that next to nobody there is happy with the decision, unless they decide to use captions for now on.

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

I am also among the many who are getting notified of old comments. Please Youtube, get your act together!! You are a mess!!

Hey. You should have this again! For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Jul 2016 (YTPMV)

Has anyone else been having a problem where certain subscriptions just stop showing up in your subscriptions feed? Like they upload a new video and I just don't see it . Unsubscribing and subscribing again seems to fix it, but it just happens again soon enough. And that only applies when I actually notice, I'm sure there are some channels that got disabled this way and I just never caught it. And of course, there's no relevant info online because there never is for this hellhole of a website.

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

That's a common issue for many users. Whenever someone makes his first upload in months or even years, sometimes it comes by unnoticed by me. I had that issue once when Madannonymous uploaded one video which felt like it was his first one in two years or so, when in reality he had other videos uploaded in his channel which didn't appear in my feed when they were new. YouTube only favors channels which upload more frequently. And with the This Week/Last Month sections cluttering all videos makes it a lot easier to not notice a new upload from some random person you subscribed.

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

It's been happening for me since the beginning of this month, but every video I've been uploading lately is being played in this really awful quality (much like how YouTube needs a few minutes to fix itself as soon as it's done processing except it's staying in that "un-fixed" state). It's really noticeable with scenes that look like there's a lot going on the screen.

6dMUfWY.png

Left: Video playback on YouTube (480p) / Right: The original AVI file (720x480, 480p)

I've tried uploading them in other video formats (and even had a friend try uploading one of my videos on their channel to see if it was just my end), but they all did the same thing. I know the video quality loses a bit with every video uploaded to YouTube for obvious reasons, but it's never looked THIS bad.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years What's this thing made out of? Lucario For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards Favorite Staff Member 2016 For collecting all the silver cards Completed Bronze set. Suggested quote to card #27 RIP DaftPunkYoshi. That old The YouTube sure is boring. Meeting tabull Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Doing enough shops in your time to be able to tell by the pixels Well, my gosh. What can I say except: you're going to Hyrule, and this is the final answer heard all around the world, he's won a million chewbucks! For having a blog entry featured: Stock-Aitken-Waterman/PWL Picks #1 User with Coolest Avatars 2014, User with Coolest Avatars 2015, User with Coolest Avatars 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Funniest Signatures, Best Musician 2015 March 2012 - Overall, Regular, Classic / April 2015 - Overall, Regular, Classic, YTPMV March 2012 - "Syncro-Voxing The Glory Days Of Retro Uniqueness" (Brain rape/Rape-core) / May 2015 - "The King Goes Senile" (Overall, Classic) Tennis Staff Member (June 2009 - August 2011) You won 20 medals. Congrats! 25 videos in the Poop Showroom. Awards contribution (Top 10 and WMM medals). MMMMMM...richer! Joined Vanilla on February of '08. YouChew 1984, Static TVs, Banjo-Kazooie Sign, and many others. For service. Dinero Remained 'strike-free' for at least 3 years. April Fools' Trivia. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For posting 5 of your own YTP's in the Showroom. Participated in 10 successful collabs. Participated in the WMM Tourney. Participated in the Poop Tennis Season. Winner of a organized Tennis Tournament (WMM Tourney). Completed 10 Poop Tennis matches. Completed 5 Poop Tennis matches. Strike free for a whole year. Organizing the WMM Tourney with Strong414Bad. Winner of the Windows Movie Maker Tennis Tourney.

I think I might've had the same issue with my most recent upload as well.

Friendliest User 2017
Smartest User 2017
Friendliest User 2016
Best Image Editor 2017
Best Writer 2016
Best Tenniser 2017
Best Writer 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017

I have similar problems with my previous videos and usually one of the videos I rendered with WMV gets a shitty quality when I uploaded it on YouTube, so I decided to switch it to MP4 to suit the HD quality. Either that, or it can be some kind of the connection issue you might dealt with, because I don't have any problems with HD videos ATM.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years 5 Completed Matches! *Victory Chime*  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos You participated in ten collaborations! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 36 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 239 days before it was shut down

I keep getting completely irrelevant livestreams recommended to me.

Here's something weird.

There are channels that I follow but I don't necessarily subscribe to them, like Larry Bundy Jr., RealLifeLore and Cinemassacre, since their latest videos always appear in my recomended tab just minutes after they get uploaded. However, I see a weird pattern with Larry Bundy's page in particular, lately. For some reason, I only get the notification of his latest video one week after the upload. I'm not sure if it's the recommended videos algorythm screwing things up, or who knows? It might even be a scheme from Larry himself to ge more subscribers. Regardless of what it is, I decided to subscribe to him to get rid of this nuisance. I hope this won't be the case to other channels.