• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
Powder

Songs that reach you on an incredibly emotional level

791 replies to this topic

Powder   
Powder

I actually start tearing up whenever I try to sing the melody of this.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Did someone say Thanks for being Strike-Free for three years! Keep it up! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Liebermintz   
Liebermintz

Pretty much Peter Gabriel III/Melt. The entire album, albeit disturbing, is quite possibly the saddest album ever recorded. I don't know why - I just feel down in the dumps after listening to it.

On the other end of the spectrum, So manages to make me smile. Every song is uplifting.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Best Musician 2016 For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For songmaking during the '11 Festival
For outstanding achievement in achievement! For taking pa-a-a-aaaaaaaart. Well done Link! You won! For news staff writings.

Nozdordomu   
Nozdordomu

Most of Melt strikes me as weird rather than sad. "Biko" is an exception - that is quite a powerful song. As for So, that mostly puts me in a good mood. "Mercy Street" and "This is the Picture" are kind of creepy, though. And from Car, "Solsbury Hill" is pretty emotional.

Anyways:

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

Dual-Screen   
Dual-Screen

It's the only one that really does for me. At least from what I can recall right now.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 42 days before it was shut down

Cantfly   
Cantfly

I posted about it in the After Hours Thread last night, but:

Never fails to make me feel sad, and at the same time, slightly happy. And a range of other emotions. And I'm only listing one out of the many others in the OST that get to me in some emotional level. It's easily one of the greatest OSTs to anything I've ever heard.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

JazzDanceForChildren   
JazzDanceForChildren

Probably one of the most perfect film scores ever imo.

And;

For staying warn free for 9 years Designing card #18 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2012 - Overall For the category of Member With Funniest Posts, Smartest User 2014, Smartest User 2015, Smartest User 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down

Guysafari   
Guysafari

It really depends on what you mean by "Touched". I get a lot of reactions out of different songs, but for now I'm just going to post one.

This song makes me feel so relaxed and unusually focused.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For meeting up with Miss10 and Deepercutt! For finding all three Meen images! For completing 5 matches! Thanks for being Strike-Free! For donating to the site!

The Mountie From Hell   
The Mountie From Hell

The outro of this song just has to be one of the most beautiful things ever written. Anyone who owns this album would most likely agree with me. I couldn't find te studio version, though, but you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4p5Vrl_ty4&sns=em

This short instrumental always makes me feel emotional. Although the whole album has a bleak and desolate atmosphere, this one almost contrasts with it's sorrowful melody.

Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For taking second place in November's Photopoop contest. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

UncleChuckTH   
UncleChuckTH

I wish Tom Waits reached me on an emotional level; mostly he makes me laugh. In a good way.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For having a blog entry featured. For writing 10356 words worth in blog entries. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the Reggie banner and the rejuvenation of Boss Scratch. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 237 days before it was shut down For uploading my entire collection of poops. You succeeded in uploading. For a lot of effort towards site projects in the past. Hopefully there will be more. For meeting Rabbit, Puffin, and their pally TINS. Big whoop. More like the BALLS collab. THERE'S TEN THERE'S FIVE For service. For writing an article! A long time ago.

SpamNapkin   
SpamNapkin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ii_2I8N5I

I think Older Pete said it best. "Why is it that when you miss somebody so much that your heart is ready to disintegrate, you always hear the saddest song ever on the radio?"

this song got me through some rough times when I actually DID miss someone so much my heart was ready to disintegrate. Cheesy, I know, but it's true.

Surprisingly, the Johnny Cash version doesn't do anything for me.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. October 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 11 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 285 days before it was shut down