• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
Captpan6

Xbox One

108 members have voted

1. 1. What we gonna callit?

• XBox 720
    • X3
    • Xbox None
      9.2233720368548E+18

2,751 replies to this topic

Jayblin   
Jayblin
7 minutes ago, Whelt said:

Be like me and play Symphony of the Night, because there's no better use for a current gen console than to play an old PS1 game.

I was about to say how silly it is to have a current gen console to play games from more than a decade ago, and yet here I am spending half of my total play time with my Xbone on Rare Replay games, some of them from the oldass fucking ZX Spectrum. Current gen is here baby

Also, doesn't the Master Chief collection have a huge day 1 download? I remember that being a big deal a few years ago. Actually, looking it up, if you have the disc the download is 20gb (and the full install size is 60gb), which isn't the end of the world, but still silly. I've got fiber optic internet now so something like that isn't a huge deal anymore, but it's still at least a few hours spent staring at the screen not playing video games on a system that I just bought video games for. I can't imagine getting this game with the shitty internet I had back when it came out, I'd have to download that shit for a day or two straight.

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

EmmBee   
EmmBee

Halo 5 is really good, and probably my most played game lately next to Overwatch. I would highly recommend it even if you were to just play the arena mode (the campaign is admittedly pretty weak this time around). It has a very satisfying moveset for getting around, with sprinting, clambering, and jet-boosting all coming together very neatly, if that makes any sense.

I know a lot of people feel like that makes Halo too much like Call of Duty, but I personally feel as though they struck a good balance with 5.

As for Master Chief Collection, it's actually kind of a broken game. Matchmaking isn't as smooth as it should be and you'll often be waiting a long, long time to find other players. It's a shame that 343 hasn't patched the game at all recently and has just left the game to rot, but it's at least still a good way to play through the campaigns of the previous games.

And honestly, I don't have any other recommendations for Xbox exclusive games that you should try out. I pretty much just have Rare Replay and Halo 5, but I've heard good things about Forza Horizon 3 and Gears 4. Halo 5 alone pretty much made the system worthwhile for me (and I guess MGSV, since I played through it on my Xbox). It might be worthwhile to note something they just announced today, Xbox Game Pass, which is meant to give access to tons of One and 360 backwards compatible games. But that'll be another subscription on top of Xbox Live, which I could understand if you wouldn't want to pay for. Though, even without it you'd still be getting free games with Games With Gold (Borderlands 2 is up for next month, so they're often pretty good games).

For staying strike free for 5 years. For competing in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during our community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic 3 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For taking second place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos May 2013 - Sentence mix-core, Classic youtube poop the hedgehog Congratulations! For placing fourth in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 225,000 Chewbucks!

Whelt   
Whelt

The campaigns are all I was really interested in, to be honest. I'm not looking to get into Halo multiplayer any time soon.

Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

EmmBee   
EmmBee

Then MCC is probably perfect for you then. You can find it incredibly cheap at a lot of places nowadays too.

Same kind of goes for Halo 5. I recently saw a few copies of it at a local resale shop (Disc Replay) going for just $22. Not bad for a highly active and still updated game.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For competing in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during our community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic 3 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For taking second place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos May 2013 - Sentence mix-core, Classic youtube poop the hedgehog Congratulations! For placing fourth in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 225,000 Chewbucks!

The Pope   
The Pope

Microsoft's basically come out and said that the Xbone failed to garner as many developers as the PS4.

I'm curious if this will be an "Xbone Deluxe" or a wholly new console. Considering the fate of the New 3DS, I don't know how wise the former is (unless they really want those games to be run at slightly higher quality), while the latter is feasible but would be much sooner than expected, with an even shorter lifespan than the Wii U of all things.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Morimoto   
Morimoto

Unlike the Wii U, the Xbone will still be supported. The Scorpio and PS4 Pro are essentially New 3DSes. The media thinks they are some sort of "midway console releases to bridge the gap between console generations for smoother transitions and compatibility with the future"

Speaking of the media and Scorpio, why don;t they compare the Switch to this, as a major competitor? Clueless consumers will not know about the Switch because all they hear about in the news are Scorpio and the year-old PS4 Pro.

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of October & November 2016 Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (YTPMV) Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For coming in 2nd Place in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For staying strike free for 1 year. For completing A Link to the Past during the community challenge. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Jayblin   
Jayblin

In a desperate attempt to make my Xbone purchase worth it, I got Dead Rising 4 and man oh man I just wanna play Dead Rising 1 again. Playing through all the sequels this year really made me appreciate just how polished and, well, fantastic the first game is. I haven't even played the first game in a decade (holy fuck has it really been that long), and even then I still remember little details like being able to find pans in a restaurant and being able to warm them up on the stove and using it as a weapon, taking raw meat and cooking it in an oven to make cooked meat, or how small weak items when thrown would bounce off windows while heavier items always smash through the glass. Little details like that really sold the experience and made me love this stupid mall. In Dead Rising 4 I can't even pick up the pans hanging on the walls or cook the food I grab (oh, and food has its own inventory slot and can't be used as weapons). Small little nitpicks like this start adding up, and then there are the actual big things I have a hard time looking past, like no time limit (face it, the sense of dread you feel rushing around the mall trying to beat an objective IS the Dead Rising experience, or you can just ignore it and fuck around too), ugly character models as a result of the realistic artstyle, and my favorite: BORING PSYCHOPATH BATTLES.

I'll give 4 some credit though, because at least there isn't really an Otis equivalent. So, good job.

Granted, I'm like 5 hours in so far and maybe it'll pick up, but I just can't help but feel disappointed. Every sequel on this system that I've gotten (Rock Band 4, Gears of War 4, Dead Rising 3) have been duds. Am I getting that too hard to please anymore

For staying warn free for 9 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Member with Funniest Posts 2015
Member with Funniest Posts 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Maq   
Maq

I've heard a lot of pretty bad reviews for DR4 so I doubt you're just picky. I really love the first game as well, and the 2nd was alright (I prefer Off the Record for being able to play as Frank) but 3 & 4 seem to be a shitload of fuck. Then again, Keiji Inafune worked on 1 & 2 and stopped after that, so that might have something to do with it.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

Whelt   
Whelt

DO YOU KNOW, WHY, I CWAULL IT, THE SHITBOX?

Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Android Prince   
Android Prince

Anybody here play Titanfall 1 or 2 by chance? I think it'd be neat to play with a Youchewer or two. Currently sitting at gen 31, with a gen 92 Volt, Gen 40 Northstar -- Stim player. 2.7 lifetime pilot-v-pilot K/D but lately my averages have been well beyond that, so idk.

GT is Androidd Prince , though I haven't been on as much the last couple weeks due to work, birthday, focusing on art, conventions, new friends irl, things like that. But at the LEAST I jump in on once a week.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year