Naƶmatik

The Avengers

140 posts in this topic

I got tickets for a midnight screening at my local theater. Never been to a midnight show before, but this looks really awesome and I think it's worth it.

Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Chewbot gives congrats for having 43 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "YTPMV: Big Beat Mario" (YTPMV) October 2011 For being on the Vanilla forums for 152 days before it was shut down *insert picture of King here* Congrats! Tonight I'm going to...suck your blood! Or ability to write Chewiki articles! Thanks!

I couldn't go to the midnight screening of anything! I'd probably fall asleep or something...but this oughta be purdy darn good. I just hope Hawkeye and Black Widow have enough screen time!

For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For collecting all the bronze cards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - "Chick-Fil-A-Ghey_Spaghetti" (Classic) August 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 73 days before it was shut down From scrubbing all the floors in Hyrule to pinching Wendy's pennies and much more, this medal commemorating poop uploading is hereby awarded to you! Ten matches! Five matches! For meeting up with Yenehckcid! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Congrats

I couldn't go to the midnight screening of anything! I'd probably fall asleep or something...but this oughta be purdy darn good. I just hope Hawkeye and Black Widow have enough screen time!

Black Widow has a lot of screen time. Hawkeye has less time, but he appears in many parts of the film as well.

For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

I think Tony only referred to Rhodey as "War Machine" like once in Iron Man 2

but yeah going to the midnight release tonight B)

User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016 For having a blog featured Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

SPOILERS:

Loki gets cornered by the Avengers

Has nowhere else to run

Unleashes master plan

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

I'm seeing this tonight. The only people I could find to go with were my friend and his girlfriend. And while I think the only thing more depressing than seeing a movie by yourself is going with a couple, I'm just stoked to see the movie no matter what.

For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Posting after Dopply

Saw a midnight screening with my father and sister, though since we didn't arrive at the theater until an hour before the movie started we weren't able to find seats together.

I can't say it's likely to have a lot of lasting impact on me, but I really enjoyed it throughout and that's very rare for summer blockbusters. The story works way better than such a big crossover has any right to, with the various aspects of the individual franchises managing to complement each other quite impressively. The action scenes are all great fun and they managed to not be disorienting despite the enormous amount of things going on at once. All the characters get their dues without anything feeling shoehorned in.

In retrospect I can't believe I didn't see the Phil stuff coming-- I suppose I wasn't thinking in terms of standard Whedon stuff since this was a big Marvel movie, or maybe it's just that I was too tired to be in full "Oh, I know where this is going" mode. But I feel foolish for not seeing it coming regardless.

If there's one thing that's likely to give this movie longevity for me, I think this is the perfect movie to study and analyze in terms of effectively putting together an ensamble of disparate characters who theoretically shouldn't work as co-protagonists and getting it to work miraculously well in regards to the fights, the plot progression, and the dialogue. I'm likely to watch it again specifically to analyze the coalescence aspect.

For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for having 111 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Thrashblade Oelkers Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best YouTube Pooper 2014 Getting 1st in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013, Best Artist 2014, Member with Funniest Posts 2014
Best YouTube Pooper 2016 2013
Best YouTube Pooper 2015

User with Funniest Avatars 2016 April 2013 - "walrusguy where do u get the censorship beep sound effect" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down He has contributed some articles Interviewed. For winning lucky lottery.

Hooooollllly shit this movie! Loved every minute of it!

Especially loved when

Hulk beat the ever-loving shit out of Loki. Everyone in the theater, myself included, was cracking up.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years

Saw the midnight screening last night.

Oh man, this movie kicked all kinds of ass! Hands down the best Marvel film yet. :D

Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Chewbot gives congrats for having 43 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "YTPMV: Big Beat Mario" (YTPMV) October 2011 For being on the Vanilla forums for 152 days before it was shut down *insert picture of King here* Congrats! Tonight I'm going to...suck your blood! Or ability to write Chewiki articles! Thanks!

Just saw it about an hour ago. My only complaint was I wish there was a bit more of the Hulk, but that's just because he's my favorite Marvel superhero ever. Also I had to see it in 3D because the 2D version was sold out, so I had to put up with those fucking uncomfortable glasses. Otherwise the movie was awesome.

and yeah, hulk beating up loki was a riot

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

and yeah, hulk beating up loki was a riot

"Puny God."

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Just got back from it. Great movie, lots of fun.

I'm really glad I was able to see it in 2D. I had to see Cap in 3D and vowed to never endure that again. I think it's funny that (at least around here) 3D has just become a more expensive punishment for not getting your ticket early.

For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Posting after Dopply

I saw it tonight too, even though of all the films leading up to it, I only saw the first Iron Man. Maybe I missed out on some stuff by not seeing the tie in films, but eh.

I did like it though.

Agree with Hulk beating up Loki as the best part. Also who's the red dude in space at the end.

For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Agree with Hulk beating up Loki as the best part. Also who's the red dude in space at the end.

That would be Thanos, the Mad Titan

AKA one of the Marvel Universe's baddest dudes

User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Signatures 2016 For having a blog featured Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

So was Thanos at the very end of the credits? I only stayed midway to see the Alien that Loki was talking too talk to himself about how he will get revenge on Earth

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 204 days before it was shut down

Saw this film in 3D with my younger cousin last evening.

He loved it, especially the final action scene. I liked it too, though I found some parts hard to follow and had a couple other nitpicks with it.

And I was bothered by how none of the cast could pronounce "Ã…sgard" right.

User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

What I felt were the stand-out jokes:

-Hulk thrashing Loki, obviously

-Hulk side-punching Thor

-"That guy's playing Galaga." (And, of course, he resumes playing immediately after Tony leaves)

-"I got that reference."

For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting 20 awards For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for having 111 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Thrashblade Oelkers Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best YouTube Pooper 2014 Getting 1st in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013, Best Artist 2014, Member with Funniest Posts 2014
Best YouTube Pooper 2016 2013
Best YouTube Pooper 2015

User with Funniest Avatars 2016 April 2013 - "walrusguy where do u get the censorship beep sound effect" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 225 days before it was shut down He has contributed some articles Interviewed. For winning lucky lottery.