• Announcements

• Whelt

Regarding the recent update   07/20/2017

As you may be aware, the forum software underwent an update that turned out to be somewhat buggy. We rolled back the update for now, and will plan on making a more smooth transition later on in the future. In the meantime, you may notice the forum loading slowly as a lot of processes are running right now. We ask for your continued patience, and apologize for any inconvenience.
randomcontributor

Least favorite Internet memes

2,635 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, thapoint09 said:

a lot of YTPers are teenagers with no more empathy than hair on their balls

What a beautiful, beautiful analogy. Seriously.

Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

1 hour ago, thapoint09 said:

I haven't seen that meme in forever.

What I have seen and continue to see in some form are "TRIGGERED" memes all over the damn place. Haha it's funny something evoked a severe emotional reaction in someone possibly due to past trauma, what a snowflake, lololol.

While I'm at it, can we stop putting that shit in youtube poops, as well? I mean, look, I realize a lot of YTPers are teenagers with no more empathy than hair on their balls, but knock it off anyway. It's not funny, never has been funny, and never will be funny.

The saddest part is they might not even know the word's meaning, instead believing it's just some equally casual synonym for "offended".

Who popularized this trend anyway? I like to imagine it started off with some overrated YT'er/internet celebrity broadcasting the misused term to their fanbase of 14 year old boys who don't know better, but please don't let it be so.

For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

5 minutes ago, Maestro Snail said:

The saddest part is they might not even know the word's meaning, instead believing it's just some equally casual synonym for "offended".

Who popularized this trend anyway? I like to imagine it started off with some overrated YT'er/internet celebrity broadcasting the misused term to their fanbase of 14 year old boys who don't know better, but please don't let it be so.

Honestly that's probably part of it, coupled with the increasingly popular mindset that being an insensitive jerkass and purposely trying to offend as many people as possible is cool.

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. August 2014 - "Lady Ski Conquers Compton" (Sentence mix-core) Best Musician 2014, Best Musician 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos September 2013 - Overall, Regular

4 minutes ago, thapoint09 said:

Honestly that's probably part of it, coupled with the increasingly popular mindset that being an insensitive jerkass and purposely trying to offend as many people as possible is cool.

I wish that edge culture died out between 2006-2009 like it should have, and never resurged.

For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

18 minutes ago, Maestro Snail said:

I like to imagine it started off with some overrated YT'er/internet celebrity broadcasting the misused term to their fanbase of 14 year old boys who don't know better.

points fingers at emplemon

For staying strike free for 1 year.

I also imagine some people with good intentions helped to trivialize the term, like someone's profile saying something like "I worked in retail for a year and rude customers are my trigger" without realizing what they were saying.

For staying strike free for 3 years. I actually decided based on upvotes. That's a lot of love! WE'VE GOT TROUBLE Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thanks for the donation Testing the IPS 4.0 Update User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Best Newcomer 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year When you're chased by... For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! October 2014 - Sentence mix-core, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

1 hour ago, TugCoat said:

I also imagine some people with good intentions helped to trivialize the term, like someone's profile saying something like "I worked in retail for a year and rude customers are my trigger" without realizing what they were saying.

That's why I don't use "TRIGGERED" memes anymore, when I can just put a rant comment, reactions to certain actions, or narrator pissed off on certain people (using sentence mixing)

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Triggered is dead as a legitimate word. It's only ever used now as a joke or with mocking derision, and original purpose of the word has been trampled over to the point of nonexistence.

The internet unfortunately breeds the kind of attitude that offending and hurting people on purpose is funny. Dare I say, it could be a front put up by those who are easily hurt, themselves?

Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

3 hours ago, Maestro Snail said:

I think the guy that started it was h3h3Productions.

I think it's videos like this one that helped make it widespread in the first place.

BONES BOMBS LOCK UP THE THROTTLE For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Wads of dosh ALL THE LOOOOOVE For collecting all 4 Wonderball items. EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event!

For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments For completing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 during our community challenge event. For participating in ten successful collaborations You've reached 20 medals. This is now yours! Best Writer 2015 Friendliest User 2014
Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Writer 2017 Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Signatures 2014, Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 2nd in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For writing 15609 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Cake, etc. etc. Since it's inevitable, this is for the million that I got. I am a Writing Staff! :D

Also, you've done well for my niggaz writing this shit! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

On 5/22/2017 at 6:50 PM, dougfunnybangs said:

I don't really mind a lot of SpongeBob memes, but the recent Chicken SpongeBob meme is something I just don't get.

babe: my phone died I'm sorry  Me: "My PHonE diEd.. why ain't u die with it?"

At this point, I just miss "Moar Krabs" and "Fred Stare".

As for the "Play This At My Funeral" meme, I was honestly never familiar with it but this is the only good one:

And this "Play This At My Funeral" meme video:

He is good at editing, good remix, etc.

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

On 7/16/2017 at 11:31 AM, Enay said:

anything is "still a better love story than Twilight"

I myself prefer to say its a better love story than Fifty Shades of Grey. As for the "triggered" bullshit, I blame h3h3 and Filthy Frank, and I wish they forever rot in the deepest pits of hell. Fuck both of them.

on topic: that fucking dancing hot dog. WHAT is the joke?

For getting 20 awards IMMA SUGAR DADDY HEART ON STICK MUST DIE For collecting all the bronze cards EYELASHES! For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 donation_award_notes For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest "Spare change? Spare change, ma'am?" For reaching this poop milestone. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos September 2014 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years drugamin, MrTomato26, and ComputerGuy6545 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

On 7/16/2017 at 11:31 AM, Enay said:

There are actually people out there who still feel the need to point out how anything is "still a better love story than Twilight" to showcase how enlightened they are with their intelligence, despite the franchise not having been relevant in years. Or the fact that there are likely worst love stories and romances that have come out since then.

My review of Octodad from 3 years ago seems to disagree:

jd0IeD9.png

Hey. You should have this again! For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Jul 2016 (YTPMV)

On 5/5/2017 at 0:30 PM, fullofrageahol said:

I hate how "autism" is used to refer to anything that is bad or uncool. I mean, in the first place, it's a really offensive and excluding meme, but what's more is that most uses of it make no sense whatsoever so it's not even funny. I mean, in the early days when it was used to refer to stupidity or being lame, that was still offensive and unnecessarily cruel, not to mention inaccurate, but it at least made some semblance of sense, as it was based on an actual stereotype. these days, it's used so loosely that it's difficult to even see what the joke was supposed to be. It's "edgy" (actually not at all, because everybody does it now) insult humour - without any humour whatsoever.

I also hate how people label anyone who likes or dislikes certain stuff "hipsters" now - again, the meme originally referred to people who only liked being contrarian because it made them feel better than others, but now it's used to refer to anyone who disagrees with the majority consensus on a piece of media, regardless of how well they justify their opinion.

Maybe Chris-Chan is the reason for the "autism" insult. 

For staying strike free for 1 year.