randomcontributor

Least favorite Internet memes

2,958 replies to this topic

Tug

The distracted bf image is becoming one of those that's way too overused for something that was barley funny in the first place.

Also the meme of calling a dog or a character or something a "good boy" isn't that big but the few who use it just will not let it end.

For eloquently describing your thoughts on USA Today's article depicting YouTube Poops. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting 20 awards For getting all the standard ornaments For making da Youchew Pizza, mama-mia! Metroid Fusion 100% For staying strike free for 3 years. I actually decided based on upvotes. That's a lot of love! WE'VE GOT TROUBLE Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thanks for the donation Testing the IPS 4.0 Update User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Best Newcomer 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year When you're chased by... For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! October 2014 - Sentence mix-core, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

thapoint09

"I put Spongebob music over [X}"

What's annoying about this one is it had so much potential; there's a whole library of tracks used in Spongebob, but everyone just uses the same track over and over again. Not to mention a good >50% of these videos are meant to make fun of feminists/"SJWs", by virtue of being made by dumbass teenagers on the internet, i guess.

Actually, my problem with memes in general is there's next to no original takes on them. Everyone just does what the next man's doing.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. August 2014 - "Lady Ski Conquers Compton" (Sentence mix-core) Best Musician 2014, Best Musician 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos September 2013 - Overall, Regular

AGSMA

The video with Tomfoolery playing during that stupid commercial with the juice machine that requires Internet connection is quite literaly the only time that fad was put to good use. It turns the video into a legit satire. Everything else is just effortless junk.

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

Crazy Luigi
2 hours ago, thapoint09 said:

What's annoying about this one is it had so much potential; there's a whole library of tracks used in Spongebob, but everyone just uses the same track over and over again. Not to mention a good >50% of these videos are meant to make fun of feminists/"SJWs", by virtue of being made by dumbass teenagers on the internet, i guess.

Actually, my problem with memes in general is there's next to no original takes on them. Everyone just does what the next man's doing.

I've never heard of that SpongeBob meme you're talking about until today.

Anyways, this "hold my beer" meme is something that relates to what you mean there with that last statement.

For your interview in the YouChew zine! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus BONES BOMBS LOCK UP THE THROTTLE For participating in the 2017 YouChew Easter Basket event! Wads of dosh ALL THE LOOOOOVE For collecting all 4 Wonderball items. EYELASHES! For receiving candy during the Valentine's Day event!

For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For getting all the standard ornaments For completing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 during our community challenge event. For participating in ten successful collaborations You've reached 20 medals. This is now yours! Best Writer 2015
Best Writer 2018 Friendliest User 2014
Friendliest User 2016
Smartest User 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Best Writer 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018 Best Writer 2014, User with Coolest Signatures 2014, Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Getting 2nd in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest For writing 15609 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Cake, etc. etc. Since it's inevitable, this is for the million that I got. I am a Writing Staff! :D

Also, you've done well for my niggaz writing this shit! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo!

K. V. Bones

Juice machine requiring Internet connection? Guess I gotta check the router on my lawnmower now. 

Gee life sure is better with absolutely everything connected to the Web. 

For staying strike free for 3 years.  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 1 year.

thapoint09
4 hours ago, AGSMA said:

The video with Tomfoolery playing during that stupid commercial with the juice machine that requires Internet connection is quite literaly the only time that fad was put to good use. It turns the video into a legit satire. Everything else is just effortless junk.

There were two that I saw that I actually thought were funny; one used Kim Jong-il's funeral, and another I can't be bothered to find that actually sped up the music.

3 hours ago, Crazy Luigi said:

I've never heard of that SpongeBob meme you're talking about until today.

Trust me, you're not missing anything.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. August 2014 - "Lady Ski Conquers Compton" (Sentence mix-core) Best Musician 2014, Best Musician 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos September 2013 - Overall, Regular

Moogle

I adore The Room content, but will people ever get tired of posting the same single-word replacements of the same lines ("oh hai X", "what a story X", etc.)? 

For staying strike free for 5 years. top 420 anime boobz ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS December 2011 - Overall December 2011 - "LEAKED FINAL FANTASY TACTICS 2 TRAILER" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 34 days before it was shut down good job, you jerk. (DONE, VOTE) and stuff! Congratulations! your face I could eat I'm so hungry Oh boy Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!

DSYTP
8 hours ago, thapoint09 said:

There's variations like "I put [X] music over [X]"

For example, "I put Wii Music over DragonForce" or "I put Through the Fire and Flames over Baby videos"

Do you think it's overused?

Top 10 Videos of Jul 2018_2 (Sentence mix-core) For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 Chew or Treat Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

KnorruptionSound
1 hour ago, Moogle said:

I adore The Room content, but will people ever get tired of posting the same single-word replacements of the same lines ("oh hai X", "what a story X", etc.)? 

That's right. Why can't it be more about the breast cancer?

For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For getting all the standard ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 90 5-star ratings For submitting 200 videos to the showroom For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards User with Funniest Avatars 2016 You did it! For having a blog featured You are MMMMMMMMMM...rich enough to earn this medal! Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Best Tenniser 2014 You're Yellow September 2013 - "9000 POUNDS KING NIGHT TALKING TO BLACKENED ARTHUR" (Brain rape/Rape-core) / April 2015 - "Goethe's mighty morphin' theory of colors" (Brain rape/Rape-core) Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards October 2012 - Overall / May 2015 - Brain rape/Rape-core / June 2015 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For winning the Tennis Cup 4! Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 27 videos with a 5 star rating http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/103646-the-olde-shits-of-yer-corruptionsound/

For employing the art of the written word congrats on 25 matches! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos For participating in 10 collabs! In commemoration of sheer athleticism on the YouChew's greenest courts in the world If ya are what ya say, you are, a superstar Congrats on getting more than 25 vids in the showroom.

thapoint09
2 hours ago, DSYTP said:

There's variations like "I put [X] music over [X]"

For example, "I put Wii Music over DragonForce" or "I put Through the Fire and Flames over Baby videos"

Do you think it's overused?

Also, you made a good "the entire history of the entire world, i guess" reference.

1) I was talking about the Spongebob ones in particular.

2) I wasn't referencing anything. Bill Wurtz is not the first person to use the phrase "I guess".

PancakeLord117

Am I the only one who's getting sick of these 10 hours of SpongeBob memes?

For staying strike free for 1 year. Best Newcomer 2018 Thanks for your contributions to the Chewiki! Submitting 25 videos to the Video System BWAAAH! For the Fried Chili Cheese Dogs collab! For the Fried Chili Cheese Dogs collab! For participating in ten successful collabs! For being a part of the Recommended Poops of January 2018 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Aug 2017

CODEREDJAROD

I would be lying if I didn't say I was getting a bit sick of Spongebob memes in general, but I also understand exactly why they're popular so I know they'll never die.

Thanks for your contribution(s) to the YouChew zine! Mega Man X series complete Flame Hyenard defeated with no damage taken in Mega Man X7 The birds are singing Mega Man X5 complete with all upgrades Mega Man X4 complete with Zero Hadouken and Shoryuken acquired in Mega Man X and Mega Man X2 Mega Man II for Game Boy complete Mega Man classic series complete Mega Man, Mega Man 2, and Mega Man 3 complete Australia, here we CUUUM!!! BWAAAH! For collecting all the bronze cards ...and smells like one, too. sometimes pizza times it sometimes it sometimes it sometimes pizza times pizza I can't give credit! For getting 20 awards For the Team Fortress II collab! For the Team Fortress II collab! The galaxy is at peace Super Metroid under 3 hours Super Metroid 100% Metroid Prime 100% Super Metroid Wave Beam early Super Metroid complete Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Regular) For being a part of the Recommended Poops of June 2017 Best Newcomer 2017 Thanks for the donation. For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System SPARE CHANGE MA'AM? Hey, gimme a boost, Mario.

That's a lot of love! Eyelashes! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016 (Classic)

Blockglitch

meme culture pretty much seems like a contest to offend the most people.

For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

DSYTP
On 9/6/2017 at 5:15 PM, thapoint09 said:

1) I was talking about the Spongebob ones in particular.

2) I wasn't referencing anything. Bill Wurtz is not the first person to use the phrase "I guess".

1. True

2. You're fucking right.

OT: Maybe the meme that describes Cory in the House as a anime.

Or Guitar Hero memes.

Top 10 Videos of Jul 2018_2 (Sentence mix-core) For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 Chew or Treat Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

DSYTP
27 minutes ago, thapoint09 said:

Does the word "normie" count as a meme? Cause we gotta stop saying it.

Fuck yeah.

Yoshit

It is official: x on the y is now officially beating a dead horse, as everyone and their grandmother thinks that combining an image of a character and a rhyming object is hilarious enough to spam all over Facebook.

Smartest User 2018 For staying strike free for 7 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Really appreciate your generosity Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having your blog entry featured.

Mæstro Snail

Not exactly a meme as it's only one and the same picture, but ugggggh I can't to see the "Steven King's Tit" book cover edit. Because of the movie's remake it's doing rounds again. Like, I get the pun and it's kind of funny, but the actual visual is off-putting. If it does not fall under your "nsfw" tag, I don't know what does. 

Pizza time. For your contribution to the YouChew Zine! For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying warn free for 9 years Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

thapoint09
2 hours ago, Yoshit said:

It is official: x on the y is now officially beating a dead horse, as everyone and their grandmother thinks that combining an image of a character and a rhyming object is hilarious enough to spam all over Facebook.

*does not use Facebook, has no idea what this is*