• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
randomcontributor

Least favorite Internet memes

2,704 replies to this topic

PancakeLord117   
PancakeLord117

Am I the only one who's getting sick of these 10 hours of SpongeBob memes?

CODEREDJAROD   
CODEREDJAROD

I would be lying if I didn't say I was getting a bit sick of Spongebob memes in general, but I also understand exactly why they're popular so I know they'll never die.

Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 (Regular) For being a part of the Recommended Poops of June 2017 Best Newcomer 2017 Thanks for the donation. For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System SPARE CHANGE MA'AM? Hey, gimme a boost, Mario.

That's a lot of love! Eyelashes! For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Top 10 Videos of Aug 2016 (Classic)

Blockglitch   
Blockglitch

meme culture pretty much seems like a contest to offend the most people.

Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

DSYTP   
DSYTP
On 9/6/2017 at 5:15 PM, thapoint09 said:

1) I was talking about the Spongebob ones in particular.

2) I wasn't referencing anything. Bill Wurtz is not the first person to use the phrase "I guess".

1. True

2. You're fucking right.

OT: Maybe the meme that describes Cory in the House as a anime.

Or Guitar Hero memes.

thapoint09   
thapoint09

Does the word "normie" count as a meme? Cause we gotta stop saying it.

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. August 2014 - "Lady Ski Conquers Compton" (Sentence mix-core) Best Musician 2014, Best Musician 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos September 2013 - Overall, Regular

DSYTP   
DSYTP
27 minutes ago, thapoint09 said:

Does the word "normie" count as a meme? Cause we gotta stop saying it.

Fuck yeah.

Yoshit   
Yoshit

It is official: x on the y is now officially beating a dead horse, as everyone and their grandmother thinks that combining an image of a character and a rhyming object is hilarious enough to spam all over Facebook.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Really appreciate your generosity Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having your blog entry featured.

Maestro Snail   
Maestro Snail

Not exactly a meme as it's only one and the same picture, but ugggggh I can't to see the "Steven King's Tit" book cover edit. Because of the movie's remake it's doing rounds again. Like, I get the pun and it's kind of funny, but the actual visual is off-putting. If it does not fall under your "nsfw" tag, I don't know what does. 

Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

thapoint09   
thapoint09
2 hours ago, Yoshit said:

It is official: x on the y is now officially beating a dead horse, as everyone and their grandmother thinks that combining an image of a character and a rhyming object is hilarious enough to spam all over Facebook.

*does not use Facebook, has no idea what this is*

Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. August 2014 - "Lady Ski Conquers Compton" (Sentence mix-core) Best Musician 2014, Best Musician 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos September 2013 - Overall, Regular

MemeKirisame   
MemeKirisame
10 minutes ago, thapoint09 said:

*does not use Facebook, has no idea what this is*

wz0lBvs.jpg

Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017_2 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Sixtyforce   
Sixtyforce
On 09/09/2017 at 05:25, Blockglitch said:

meme culture pretty much seems like a contest to offend the most people.

Why is that a bad thing tho? I mean, the most offending someone does is make someone feel slightly annoyed for a few minutes, lmao.

Congrats on completing 10 matches! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016 For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Congrats on 5 matches! For participating in 10 successful collabs! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

thapoint09   
thapoint09
21 minutes ago, Sixtyforce said:

Why is that a bad thing tho? I mean, the most offending someone does is make someone feel slightly annoyed for a few minutes, lmao.

Because it encourages toxicity and makes the offender look like a giant asshole?

DSYTP   
DSYTP
3 hours ago, thapoint09 said:

Because it encourages toxicity and makes the offender look like a giant asshole?

Not all fucking memes are bad, though. For example: We Are Number One. 

Some memes can be family-friendly.

thapoint09   
thapoint09
1 minute ago, DSYTP said:

Not all fucking memes are bad, though. For example: We Are Number One.

pretty sure i wasn't talking about all memes

Sixtyforce   
Sixtyforce
8 hours ago, thapoint09 said:

If someone has toxic intentions, yes. But if it's an offensive joke, being uncomfortable or annoyed for a little bit should be the least of your worries.

Congrats on completing 10 matches! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016 For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Congrats on 5 matches! For participating in 10 successful collabs! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

appdirect   
appdirect

Well I meant the whole point of offensive jokes is to be offensive and mean spirited, so is kinda expected people wouldn't like them. That's like punching someone and asking them "Why are you in pain?"

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

thapoint09   
thapoint09
2 hours ago, Sixtyforce said:

If someone has toxic intentions, yes. But if it's an offensive joke, being uncomfortable or annoyed for a little bit should be the least of your worries.

1) Most people who make offensive "jokes", at best, have no idea how to be funny. They think they're Louis C.k. or something when they're really closer to Seth MacFarlane.

2) Make offensive "jokes" for long enough, you eventually end up attracting people who think you're sincere and agree with every word you say.

DSYTP   
DSYTP

Hey 🅱️eter or memes involving 🅱️ Emojis. Like, do we need to do this? It's unnecessary to me.