randomcontributor

Least favorite Internet memes

2,946 replies to this topic

Sixtyforce
2 minutes ago, Whelt said:

There actually is a difference between public and private figures, and how they are defined legally. Whether or not Rosen qualifies as a public figure is another question. How far can you push an individual-targeted joke before it becomes bullying or harassment? 

But that aside, can you really not see the difference between making jokes in general vs. targeting a specific person? No one has the legal right to stop you from making offensive jokes, but that is not an invitation to say and do whatever you want free from consequences. 

No one is targeting anyone here, lmao. Who are the YTPers targeting? Jews? Rosen specifically? Both are invalid, a non-sequitorial joke isn't meant to be targeted at anyone or any group specifically. Me saying "Gas the jews" or making Rosen say "Gas the jews" or some equally overdone joke is the YTPer themselves saying it to the audience, as a spontaneous, non-sequitorial joke. And the fact that the joke (To a certain extent) is coming from the mouth of a jew might be half the joke to some. You have to have a severe disconnect with reality to not realise that again, comedy =/= harrasment/bullying and that Rosen isn't actually saying any of the shit being said in the videos. Might I remind you, that putting shit on an imaginary pedestal and thinking that [X thing] isn't to be joked about is giving it the power that you want it to not have. The only reason why you consider it harrasment is bc you're getting offended for a group of people who probably don't even care about a bloody joke and are attatching this sort of connotation to it that wasn't there to begin with. They see that you're getting offended over a joke and are only going to continue to use that against you and offend you more. This sorta reaction that I'm seeing from a lot of people and from Rosen himself is the exact reaction that some of these people are looking for. Lots of people are going to make an offensive joke for the sake of amusing themselves and other people who have a similar sense of humour and offend the easily offended. When it's something that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Joking is the exact opposite of sincere harrassment, even if it's at the expense of holocaust victims, it's also at the expense of people who genuinely think that shit, in a way that the person telling the joke and the people laughing at the joke can all point fingers and laugh at a statement like "Gas the jews" and say "This is dumb, glad (most) people don't actually think this way, lmao".

2 minutes ago, Sagan Blob said:

You know what, there's this: What if there's a video of you being naked and tortured and people make jokes out of you? Are you still consider this a joke?

Thanks.

K, first, where tf did that come from, that went from 0-100 real quick lmao. 2nd of all, even if that did happen, yeh it'd be fucking embarrassing, but the best you can do when you've gone through trauma is to laugh. If someone made a joke at my own expense in such a way, and told such a joke to me, the best thing I can do is to appreciate that people are trying to cheer me up through laughter. There's nothing you can do about the past, dwelling on the past, especially events that happened some 70 years ago, dwelling on them in [current year] is just a massive waste of time for everyone involved. Getting offended over a joke seems to be more in fashion than getting offended over the atrocity itself. The exact same thing happened with all the UK terror attacks months ago. Twitter staff and blue checkmarks were so much more up in arms about jokes made about the terror attacks than they were about the attacks themselves. If you're getting over offended over a joke, instead of the tragedy itself, you need your priorities sorted out.

For being a part of the Recommended Poops of October 2017

and May 2018 Submitting 100 videos to the Video System Congrats on completing 10 matches! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016 For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Congrats on 5 matches! For participating in 10 successful collabs! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

BandanaBoi

What the hell does this have to do with your least favorite memes. This isn't the Micheal Rosen thread. This is the least favourite memes thread

Best Newcomer 2018
User with Best Avatars 2018 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System I see you're enjoying those chips BWAAAH! Top 10 Videos of Jan 2018 / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2018 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2018 (Brain rape/Rape-core) Hey, g-gimme a boost, Mario! It's even got my name on it! Top 10 Videos of Dec 2017 For participating in the Spooky Poop Contest 2017 For participating in Chew or Treat 2017 Submitting 5 videos to the Video System For being a part of the Recommended Poops of August 2017

Sixtyforce
2 minutes ago, BandanaBoi said:

What the hell does this have to do with your least favorite memes. This isn't the Micheal Rosen thread. This is the least favourite memes thread

Good question, lmao.

and May 2018 Submitting 100 videos to the Video System Congrats on completing 10 matches! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016 For staying strike free for 1 year. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Congrats on 5 matches! For participating in 10 successful collabs! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Sagan Blob
2 minutes ago, BandanaBoi said:

Technically counts because nazi and holocaust memes are involved here.

For the Steamed Hams collab! Good job! For the Steamed Hams collab! For the Steamed Hams collab! Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of July 2017 Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017 (Sentence mix-core) / Top 10 Videos of Jul 2017 (Classic) It's a little itchy. For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 1 year. For collecting all the bronze cards For taking 3rd Place in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest! For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest Top 10 Videos of Jul 2016 For participating in 10 successful collabs. Congrats!!! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Sixtyforce
9 minutes ago, Whelt said:

Maybe this point would be more valid if not for the fact that the person in question specifically said he cares about the bloody joke

I'm referring to holocaust victims specifically. They probably wouldn't even care about the jokes had they still been alive. (I mean survivors who hadn't died from old age).

9 minutes ago, Whelt said:

"I want to say whatever I want without anyone calling me out on it".

No, it's "I want to be able to have creative and comedic freedom without having my name and reputation being slandered over something that doesn't even matter". Someone who says something genuinely horrible, actually being anti-semetic should be called out, yes. But if one is making a simple joke, when it's very clear that the person telling the joke doesn't mean the thigns that are being said, don't bother. It doesn't affect you, all it does is make you uncomfortable for a few seconds, you forget and move on. Comedy about 6 million of your people being killed should be the least of your worries when 6 million of your people were killed.

Mæstro Snail

Sixtyforce, I couldn't help but notice that your viewpoints & principles are fully summed up in three Rowan Atkinson quotes as compiled by celebritypersonalities.com

v6tFb1W.jpg

For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying warn free for 9 years Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Sixtyforce
Just now, Whelt said:

Can you really speak for people who are dead and that you've never met?

No, I can't and I'm not. Most people who get offended by jokes are people outside of the group of people that the joke is about, I'm just taking a shot in the dark by saying that it'd be a similar story with (some) holocaust survivors.

2 minutes ago, Whelt said:

I'm not forcing you to stop - I couldn't, even if I wanted to, but I'm not in the business of trying to make people do things. But you're trying to twist logic here and defend your jokes by claiming that nobody is actually getting offended. That is obviously not true. If you want to continue the theme of offensive humor, then fine, but you should at least admit that people are going to be offended and that it simply doesn't matter to you.

And I'm not forcing you to stop being offended, I have no intention to. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you just look like an idiot when you do get offended over something that's as innocuous as a joke. We're fully aware that people are going to get offended, that's half the point of the offensive joke. Half the message of the joke is "Anyone who takes this joke sincerely, you are being quite daft. Getting so worked up over something that doesn't affect you in any way shape or form". And when it's of an event that didn't affect them and happened decades ago, with no way of changing the past, it just comes across as silly when people get as riled up as they do over something that's a complete non-issue. The scale of priorities is just completely off. People getting offended by actual slurs is justified, that shit's fucked. But I say, even if no one got offended even by real slurs, let alone jokes, it's a win-win for everyone. The victim doesn't get offended and they move on with their life, unaffected and the attacker doesn't get the reaction they were looking for, making themselves look like the massive knob that they would look like regardless.

1 minute ago, Maestro Snail said:

Stickyforce, I couldn't help but notice that your viewpoints & principles are fully summed up in three Rowan Atkinson quotes as compiled by celebritypersonalities.com

v6tFb1W.jpg

Yes, I agree fully with this man. I honestly couldn't have put it better myself.

Mæstro Snail
26 minutes ago, Sixtyforce said:

Getting so worked up over something that doesn't affect you in any way shape or form.

But in Rosen's case, being portrayd as nazi (even when that content is quite obviously doctored) does affect him both on a professional and personal level.

Really, now, seeing oneself put in the getup of oppressors who killed your family would affect the majority of people on a very deep, psychological plane. I have the ability to make jokes like that myself, yet I choose not to out of respect for the people involved and their health. My intentions would mean little to them.

Am I right to assume that you view 'experiencing offense' like something other people deliberately choose to? A reply to Whelt earlier seems to suggest it. But it very rarely is. in my case at least, whenever someone's expression upsets me - be it comedy, an opinion piece, whatever - I am not allowed a second of neutral clarity to decide, "hmm, how should I react to this?"; no, instead I immediately get angry, and if it's bad enough, yes, I may very well be offended, perhaps to the point where it shows physically too. Only after blowing off some steam can I inspect something objectively. If you cannot relate to this, then you might be kind of emotionally dull?

For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying warn free for 9 years Mmmmmm For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Wads of dosh For collecting 20 awards. For sharing the love with delicious, inedible candy! For receiving candy hearts from strangers! For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with 3 hearts during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. User With Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2016
User with Most Aesthetically Pleasing Avatars 2017 Initial concept

Designed cards #8, #11, #17, #24, #27, #30, #51, #56, #58, #69, #87

Illustrated card #98

Designed background card and awards

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For coming in 1st in the Ghostly Art Contest 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! For staying strike free for 7 years. Successfully met up with Richard Nixon's long-lost daughter. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Ratburn Van Helsing Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

StockReady

People have different reactions to offensive jokes, so not everyone would just "be annoyed for a few seconds and then move on". I don't understand why you keep insisting this, Sixtyforce.

For staying warn free for 9 years Boihood For staying strike free for 7 years. 2015 Contest - John Metravolta Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Thanks for the donation. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos October 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 13 videos

DSYTP

Let's just move on.

OT: My least favorite memes is (insert thing) protrayed by SpongeBob. I know it's related to the thing you talking about, but the editing is FUCKING lazy, if not at all. 

For staying strike free for 1 year. For participating in the 2017 Chew or Treat Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Matt0417

Speaking of SpongeBob, my least favorite meme is this crock of shit.

DLYXxyV.jpg

For staying strike free for 1 year. For fighting the battle in the name of Poop Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018 (Regular) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

thapoint09

Are people still doing that?

For staying strike free for 5 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. August 2014 - "Lady Ski Conquers Compton" (Sentence mix-core) Best Musician 2014, Best Musician 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos September 2013 - Overall, Regular

Matt0417
1 hour ago, thapoint09 said:

Are people still doing that?

No, thank Jesus. But I wanted to bring it up since this is what the thread is about xd

For staying strike free for 1 year. For fighting the battle in the name of Poop Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018 (Regular) Submitting 25 videos to the Video System Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

appdirect

I remember a Police department using that meme to make fun of the people they deal with them.

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

Tug

To seque from something that was brought up, Michael Rosen doesn’t do anything for me as a ytp source or meme or whatever.  I’m not sure how it got so popular.

For eloquently describing your thoughts on USA Today's article depicting YouTube Poops. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting 20 awards For getting all the standard ornaments For making da Youchew Pizza, mama-mia! Metroid Fusion 100% For staying strike free for 3 years. I actually decided based on upvotes. That's a lot of love! WE'VE GOT TROUBLE Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks Thanks for the donation Testing the IPS 4.0 Update User with Coolest Avatars 2015 Best Newcomer 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year When you're chased by... For participating in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest! For taking third place in the 2014 Spooky Poop Contest. Congratulations! October 2014 - Sentence mix-core, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

thapoint09
4 hours ago, TugCoat said:

To seque from something that was brought up, Michael Rosen doesn’t do anything for me as a ytp source or meme or whatever.  I’m not sure how it got so popular.

For sentence mixers it's more or less a gold mine.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. August 2014 - "Lady Ski Conquers Compton" (Sentence mix-core) Best Musician 2014, Best Musician 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos September 2013 - Overall, Regular

GamingFan1997
15 hours ago, DSYTP said:

Let's just move on.

OT: My least favorite memes is (insert thing) protrayed by SpongeBob. I know it's related to the thing you talking about, but the editing is FUCKING lazy, if not at all. 

I personally like the concept, but hate how it's almost always limited to SpongeBob exclusively.

For staying strike free for 1 year. For collecting all the bronze cards

Morimoto

Don't forget the "I put Spongebob music on *insert video.*"

late comment on issue incoming

Also, while I do respect Rosen's wishes on the matter of Nazi portrayal (especially if he is personally affected) but I do worry if his non-pooper fanbase would mass report every Rosen YTP, regardless of whether it has any Nazi content. Look in the original Facebook post comments.

Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of October & November 2016 Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 (YTPMV) Top 10 Videos of Oct 2016_2 Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For coming in 2nd Place in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For staying strike free for 1 year. For completing A Link to the Past during the community challenge. Submitting 5 videos to the Video System