• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
randomcontributor

Least favorite Internet memes

2,704 replies to this topic

Probo   
Probo

Have to agree on "epic fail". That's one of the most groanworthy.

Eat da candy it's a little itchy... For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Lucario For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed background card

Designed cards #6, #13-16, #19-20, #25, #29, #31-33, #36-40, #43-47, #50, #52-54, #57, #59, #62, #65, #68, #70-72, #79, #81, #90, #100

Illustrated card #93 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For getting all the standard ornaments Contributing banners for the Halloween and Christmas skins For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World during our community challenge event. Fine dined on Norwegian escargot. For clearing Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles & Sonic CD during the community challenge event. Way to go! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For taking third place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 1st as "Favorite Staff Member" - 2014 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Best Image Editor 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Most Helpful Member 2015
Most Helpful Member 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew, Best Image Editor, and Best Artist, Spirit of YouChew Award 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Favorite Staff Member 2015 Oh yeah that reminds me, I bought 5 of each while awards were down For making the Hulkamania and GreenSwampWarrior banners. Placing #4 in the Wheel Gator Speed Run. Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived. Here's to the start of a wonderful career. Cheers. Congrats on your masterpiece. For winning second place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

10/31/11 - For coming in 1st in the Halloween costume contest. Your drawing was voted the best!
For drawing an awesome Ford image!

Cantfly   
Cantfly

It's sad that eventually people will end up forgetting that "fail" cannot be used as a noun.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Father's Shout   
Father's Shout
  • Banned
  • To be honest, just about every meme that's over a few months old. They're always funny at first but they always get old REAL fast. Especially ones based on viral videos. (Nyan cat got old like, a week after I first saw it.)

That and the overuse of words like "fail" and "epic" I also find incredibly annoying.

Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 20 videos

Kapten   
    Kapten

The "hide your kids hide your wide" meme, if you count that as one. And pretty much everything mentioned in this thread.

Also, I especially hate "The cake is a lie", The novelty of referencing Portal has worn off a very long time ago, and its just not funny.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years August 2012 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Five of them videos uploaded.

LightningLuigi   
    LightningLuigi

I think Weegee is the only one I've ever despised from the beginning, but there are other annoying ones like "epic fail" and "the cake is a lie."

There was a kid in my Electronics class that still made cake is a lie jokes. And this was only a couple of months ago.

Friendliest User 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For the categories of Friendliest Member and Most Helpful Member. December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 54 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 54 videos For writing articles For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread!
Posting after Dopply Om nom nom, you get cookie!

DaftPunkYoshi   
    DaftPunkYoshi
    WTF BOOM is the one meme that makes me click out of a video in an instant.

Pretty much this.

I can't stand WTFBOOM, like, at all...

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years What's this thing made out of? Lucario For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards Favorite Staff Member 2016 For collecting all the silver cards Completed Bronze set. Suggested quote to card #27 RIP DaftPunkYoshi. That old The YouTube sure is boring. Meeting tabull Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Doing enough shops in your time to be able to tell by the pixels Well, my gosh. What can I say except: you're going to Hyrule, and this is the final answer heard all around the world, he's won a million chewbucks! For having a blog entry featured: Stock-Aitken-Waterman/PWL Picks #1 User with Coolest Avatars 2014, User with Coolest Avatars 2015, User with Coolest Avatars 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Funniest Signatures, Best Musician 2015 March 2012 - Overall, Regular, Classic / April 2015 - Overall, Regular, Classic, YTPMV March 2012 - "Syncro-Voxing The Glory Days Of Retro Uniqueness" (Brain rape/Rape-core) / May 2015 - "The King Goes Senile" (Overall, Classic) Tennis Staff Member (June 2009 - August 2011) You won 20 medals. Congrats! 25 videos in the Poop Showroom. Awards contribution (Top 10 and WMM medals). MMMMMM...richer! Joined Vanilla on February of '08. YouChew 1984, Static TVs, Banjo-Kazooie Sign, and many others. For service. Dinero Remained 'strike-free' for at least 3 years. April Fools' Trivia. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For posting 5 of your own YTP's in the Showroom. Participated in 10 successful collabs. Participated in the WMM Tourney. Participated in the Poop Tennis Season. Winner of a organized Tennis Tournament (WMM Tourney). Completed 10 Poop Tennis matches. Completed 5 Poop Tennis matches. Strike free for a whole year. Organizing the WMM Tourney with Strong414Bad. Winner of the Windows Movie Maker Tennis Tourney.

Shockwave   
    Shockwave

Rageface comics annoy me so much. Whenever I see someone reblog one on Tumblr I get the urge to unfollow them because they're the most unfunny things I've seen in a long time.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 169 days before it was shut down

Childhood sweetheart   
    Childhood sweetheart

All of them.

I can't really think of a meme I like.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years "Best Musician" - 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year A Most Excellent Assortment of 25 Matches 11 participants, 18 minutes on your second Lain collab, so this medal is in order. congrats! congrats on participating in over 10 collabs dood Congrats! For completing 10 YTP Tennis matches. For uploading at least 5 YTPs into the Showroom. For completing 5 YTP Tennis matches. Good job.

PapaGonzales   
    PapaGonzales

I'm sorry I forgot about Carmeldansen and Weegee.

Carmeldansen got replaced by Nyan Cat.

Although, I would be lying if I said Carmeldansen didn't bring back some happy internet memories for me.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year November 2011 - red dirt penis Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 33 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 33 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 233 days before it was shut down Hoorah, Tennis League champion!

Erroneous Monk   
    Erroneous Monk

Rageface comics annoy me so much. Whenever I see someone reblog one on Tumblr I get the urge to unfollow them because they're the most unfunny things I've seen in a long time.

Kirbitch For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

EmmBee   
    EmmBee

Any combination of "Epic" and/or "Fail".

Nyan Cat, though I can usually tolerate it for 5 minutes a month. Though, I recall one of my friends in Health class uttering "Nyan Cat" whenever he could. What really aggravated me was that he kept pronouncing Nyan as N-Eye-an. It's the only word in the entire song, how do you mispronounce it?

Also, anything relating to Captain Falcon.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For competing in the Mario Party 2 Netplay Tournament. Know what I mean? For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during our community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For clearing Sonic 3 during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For taking second place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos May 2013 - Sentence mix-core, Classic youtube poop the hedgehog Congratulations! For placing fourth in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 225,000 Chewbucks!

gamerislanduk   
    gamerislanduk

I think the saddest part about the cake is a lie is that most of the people who make jokes about it haven't even played portal.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Heruru Meruru   
    Heruru Meruru

While I hate Nyan Cat for the reasons I stated before, at least Nyan Cat had the decency to at least mention the original song maker in passing.

McRoll is even worse, but with Touhou. Nyan Cat says "Oh yeah, the song was made by Daniwell-p"

McRoll does not even once mention the original video maker, Nico Nico Douga, or Touhou. No credit is given to any contributors to the video. It's irritating. And then we have retards on U.N. Owen Was Her videos saying stuff like "I know this song from McRoll" or "Isn't this from McRoll?". I know there are trolls that go around saying "This song stole from McRoll" to piss off Touhou fans, but some of the ones I've seen WEREN'T trolling.

Not to say us UTAU fans have to deal with the same shit with Nyan Cat and the original song. A few of the comments on the original video say "Thumbs up if Nyan Cat sent you here".

You wanna know what's worse?

THERE ARE NYAN CAT FAGS THAT GO TO FUCKING NICO NICO DOUGA TO THE ORIGINAL SONG TO POST ABOUT NYAN CAT. Half the comments are in English. Keep in mind you need an account to post on there, and the signup is in Japanese, so they really have to be dedicated to go to a Japanese site just to post about a stupid poptart cart.

Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For staying warn free for 9 years Top 10 Videos of Mar 2017 Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For having a blog entry featured. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos

Mitch   
    Mitch
  • Banned
  • I've come to tolerate pretty much every meme thrown at me. Half of my damn school said them all the time, and I figured there was no point in being angry over something stupid like memes. Of course it does get to the point of being annoying.

For instance, in band class when we did nothing one day, some computer geeks pulled their laptops out and started playing Minecraft. They spewed 2007 catchphrases all over the place like a water sprinkler. The pimple faced naruto shirt clad dorks just kept beating a dead horse. A very, very dead horse.

Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 9 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 191 days before it was shut down Submitting an avatar to art staff. Sonic Birthday Game Competition.

Mitch   
    Mitch
  • Banned
  • ...and the signup is in Japanese, so they really have to be dedicated to go to a Japanese site just to post about a stupid poptart cart.

Alright that was hilarious.

Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 9 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 191 days before it was shut down Submitting an avatar to art staff. Sonic Birthday Game Competition.

gamerislanduk   
    gamerislanduk

Wow, Nyan cat must be really bad for it earn this much hate. I only watched it for a couple of seconds.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Kapten   
    Kapten

Wow, Nyan cat must be really bad for it earn this much hate. I only watched it for a couple of seconds.

Its the people who never stop mentioning it that make it as bad as it is. The video is just stupid, but the fact that people love it so much is just terrible.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years August 2012 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Five of them videos uploaded.

gamerislanduk   
    gamerislanduk

Its the people who never stop mentioning it that make it as bad as it is. The video is just stupid, but the fact that people love it so much is just terrible.

Yeah, I see that. I just haven't noticed since I really don't care about anything where Nyan Cat would be constantly mentioned.

Also, why did the cake is a lie become a meme? There are hundreds of funnier things in portal.

Ruthie   
    Ruthie

Epic/Fail

X GRAB MY Y

Rageface comics

The Game

The Cake is a Lie

lolcats

Conradical Congladuration, you have prooved your self in person. KAWAII LAGOS SEE THEM STUDY The first ever live donation. Yay!