randomcontributor

Least favorite Internet memes

2,750 replies to this topic

SirSigma

Any memes/quotes from "The Room"

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. For writing 13641 words worth in blog entries. 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the category of Most Likely To Rule The World.
2013 For the category of Most Helpful Member.
2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos Been here since the turn of 07. For having lost not one, but two accounts. Giving myself a PRRRROMOTION For servicing us. Heh. Thanks for the donation! The forum appreciates your good behavior. For Lucky Lottery.

SkyBlueFox

Wow, Nyan cat must be really bad for it earn this much hate. I only watched it for a couple of seconds.

Its the people who never stop mentioning it that make it as bad as it is. The video is just stupid, but the fact that people love it so much is just terrible.

Yeah, I see that. I just haven't noticed since I really don't care about anything where Nyan Cat would be constantly mentioned.

Also, why did the cake is a lie become a meme? There are hundreds of funnier things in portal.

Likely due to the buildup. You constantly get taunted saying you're going to get cake (who the fuck cares, I say), then you don't, then you go through the game, then at the end you see a cake. If anything, it was meant to be a brick joke referencing the earlier cake talk. It also probably owes some of the help to the fact that cake is just one of those things that you "like". Sort of like the old retardedness that is saying dumb shit like "I LIKE PIE".

Lucario For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For writing 12976 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For his premier article "A Brief History of Minecraft: From the Creative Mode to Ender Dragons" For being on the Vanilla forums for 90 days before it was shut down

Liebermintz

Also, I especially hate "The cake is a lie", The novelty of referencing Portal has worn off a very long time ago, and its just not funny.

YOU KNOW, I'VE BEEN THINKING

IF LIFE HANDS YOU LEMONS

MAKE LIFE

TAKE THE LEMONS BACK

GET MAD

I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS

WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE ANYWAYS

DEMAND TO SEE LIFE'S MANAGER

MAKE LIFE RUE THE DAY IT THOUGHT IT COULD GIVE CAVE JOHNSON LEMONS

DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM

I'M THE MAN WHO'S GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN

WITH THE LEMONS

I'M GONNA GET MY ENGINEERS TO INVENT A COMBUSTIBLE LEMON THAT BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Best Musician 2016 For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For songmaking during the '11 Festival
For outstanding achievement in achievement! For taking pa-a-a-aaaaaaaart. Well done Link! You won! For news staff writings.

SirSigma

"I told you about the stairs bro", "Just how high do you have to be", and just about anything from Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. For writing 13641 words worth in blog entries. 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the category of Most Likely To Rule The World.
2013 For the category of Most Helpful Member.
2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos Been here since the turn of 07. For having lost not one, but two accounts. Giving myself a PRRRROMOTION For servicing us. Heh. Thanks for the donation! The forum appreciates your good behavior. For Lucky Lottery.

Liebermintz

Crossing over MLP with things for the sake of "LOL PONIES"

I'm a fan of the show, but I hate when people do this.

At least Doctor Whooves is justified: the guy actually exists.

I just don't think Daleks and ponies can mix. Stupid fanfic put me down because Rainbow Dash got exterminated.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Best Musician 2016 For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For songmaking during the '11 Festival
For outstanding achievement in achievement! For taking pa-a-a-aaaaaaaart. Well done Link! You won! For news staff writings.

PapaGonzales

"I told you about the stairs bro", "Just how high do you have to be", and just about anything from Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.

Yeah, I have to agree. You know what confuses me though? Why do people never quote Dr. Tran?

For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year November 2011 - red dirt penis Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 33 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 33 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 233 days before it was shut down Hoorah, Tennis League champion!

TheDarkRises

Yeah, I have to agree. You know what confuses me though? Why do people never quote Dr. Tran?

BECAUSE DR. TRAN DOESN'T TAKE YOUR SHIT

For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 100 days before it was shut down For an amazing video.

Liebermintz

I have to agree with you about the oversaturation of Sweet Bro parodies.

The only thing about Sweet Bro that makes me laugh is the first comic. It captures Andrew Hussie's anger with Ctrl+Alt+Del, VG Cats, and all of those "randumb" vidya comics.

Liebermintz

I've never heard of "the game".

According to the rules, you just lost it.

The Game is some stupid bullshit that's funny for two seconds.

SkyBlueFox

Funny story about that actually - two years ago, my junior year, we had a new kid become part of my homeroom. His last name was, I kid you not, Tran. In the mid-first-semester I showed a kid on my bus the Dr. Tran video, with no real intentions other than showing off something funny.

That guy showed it off to his friends, who showed it to the new kid. It took off and the kid was known under both his actual first name and the nickname Dr Tran ever since.

Lucario For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For writing 12976 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For his premier article "A Brief History of Minecraft: From the Creative Mode to Ender Dragons" For being on the Vanilla forums for 90 days before it was shut down

PapaGonzales

One step over that line and he'll FUCK YOU UP!

For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year November 2011 - red dirt penis Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 33 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 33 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 233 days before it was shut down Hoorah, Tennis League champion!

TheDarkRises

One step over that line and he'll FUCK YOU UP!

YES HE WILL

For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 100 days before it was shut down For an amazing video.

JayfromtheSun

I think "The Game" and "The Cake Is A Lie" probably irritate me the most just because they're the ones I hear all the time from people who are several years behind on everything.

I must confess, I do have one of those "The Cake Is A Lie" shirts that Jinx put out several years ago hanging in the back of my closet. But I got that thing when Portal was, y'know, not several years old nor was that quote something that every idiot randomly said for no reason. I could honestly care less if someone says it in reference to the game itself but I don't think I've heard anyone do that in about three years.

And of course, epic/fail. I think I lost all tolerance for those words when I heard this guy's moronic girlfriend utter, "Awww, fail."

Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Posting after Dopply

Liebermintz

Any memes/quotes from "The Room"

It's only funny if you've seen the film.

Then again, it gets really tiresome after ten views or so.

Total Mass Retain

I'm actually kind of fond of Nyan Cat, and "the game" can be great when used properly.

Anyway, "FAIL EPIC FAIL XD".

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 24 videos

Liebermintz

MLP

Mixed bag, if anything. Then again, I'm not gonna proselytize you into worshiping Princess Celestia.

Now for an Internet meme that grinds my gears: Weegee...and the Bed Intruder Song...and Epic Fail...and a lot of those poorly-made GMod films (save for those really iconic ones people still quote from time to time).