by: Tartorsauce

21 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

Thumbnail

Manimal Shospital

by: gimpnipples

21 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

Our Latest Article: A look at The Boondocks
Photo

State a fact about yourself that you assume might almost have a chance at possibly remotely rattling other peoples' bonesOr try to annoy people for attention

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11989 replies to this topic

#10981 Offline AKADarkie

AKADarkie
  • 14,960 posts
  • Joined 14 August 2007
  • LocationMerlin's secret meth lab

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

Contributing to this thread, I had no idea who the hell Amy Winehouse was until after she was dead. Probably for good reason, too.

Same here.

TPU8dmG.jpgs.pngs.pngs.pngs.pngs.pngs.png

For writing 11047 words worth in blog entries. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo event! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 39 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 230 days before it was shut down SaS

#10982 Offline Moogle

Moogle
  • 12,003 posts
  • Joined 26 February 2008

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

I heard about her from my mother, but never knew what she looked like.
Posted Image
top 420 anime boobz ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS December 2011 - Overall December 2011 - "LEAKED FINAL FANTASY TACTICS 2 TRAILER" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 34 days before it was shut down good job, you jerk. (DONE, VOTE) and stuff! Congratulations! your face I could eat I'm so hungry Oh boy Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!

#10983 Offline Billion

Billion
  • 22,916 posts
  • Joined 24 January 2008
  • LocationWorlds away~

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:45 PM

As elitist as it sounds, I don't think new members here should be allowed to make threads outside of the introduction thread until after a certain period of time has elapsed.

Almost all the time they're redundant or stupid threads, and a lot of the time they're about youtube poop, when they could go in the poop talk thread. I just think it'd be reasonable if they learn the ropes for a while by browsing the site and getting a feel for the community. A lot of members tend to try and fit in by immediately making threads in a vain attempt to gain attention, when they could do so (and hopefully gain more positive reception) by participating in current threads.

DN1vCK5.png

March 2014 - Classic You won! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down For uploading 5 videos into the Showroom. For completing at least 5 YTP Tennis matches. Gee, there sure is no time around here! My sword's for dinner.

#10984 Offline UncleChuckTH

UncleChuckTH
  • 16,847 posts
  • Joined 07 August 2007
  • LocationSunny L.A.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:52 PM

It's silly to pretend that new members don't have valuable input when they join. When Dillrod came to this site his first threads were among the best at that time, but he's only one example. All of us have gained something from our time here, from the moment we signed up to years later. Trial and error is really one of the best ways to learn how to be a member of a community, and if we don't let them try to participate, few will feel encouraged to do so.

If we leave anybody out we leave everybody out, and that's not an acceptable way to treat newcomers. We do, after all, want productive new members, and we wouldn't get many if we decided to cut them off when they arrive here.

Roy Edward Disney ~ 1930-2009

ia002063_zps2d2a7e2d.jpg

For having a blog entry featured. For writing 10356 words worth in blog entries. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the Reggie banner and the rejuvenation of Boss Scratch. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 237 days before it was shut down For uploading my entire collection of poops. You succeeded in uploading. For a lot of effort towards site projects in the past. Hopefully there will be more. For meeting Rabbit, Puffin, and their pally TINS. Big whoop. More like the BALLS collab. THERE'S TEN THERE'S FIVE For service. For writing an article! A long time ago.

#10985 Offline Nozdordomu

Nozdordomu
  • 14,070 posts
  • Joined 26 June 2008
  • LocationDutch Wonderland

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

I made a bunch of really stupid threads when I first joined, but I don't think that means that new members should be restrained from making them altogether. People with valuable input would be silenced.

JqxjfXr.jpg

mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

#10986 Offline Moogle

Moogle
  • 12,003 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:03 PM

I don't have any thread ideas nowadays, which isn't anything to be proud of, I guess.
Posted Image
top 420 anime boobz ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS December 2011 - Overall December 2011 - "LEAKED FINAL FANTASY TACTICS 2 TRAILER" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 34 days before it was shut down good job, you jerk. (DONE, VOTE) and stuff! Congratulations! your face I could eat I'm so hungry Oh boy Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!

#10987 Offline UncleChuckTH

UncleChuckTH
  • 16,847 posts
  • Joined 07 August 2007
  • LocationSunny L.A.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

I don't have any thread ideas nowadays, which isn't anything to be proud of, I guess.

If you want my honest opinion, I think that may be where we are as a community right now. We don't have a lot of new threads, mainly reincarnations of old, reliable ones. I think many of us may not be manifesting our forum's creativity and innovation right now, at least in regards to thread creation and community events. I'm stumped on it at the moment, but I do believe it's only a phase. Neat things are short of unavoidable here.

Roy Edward Disney ~ 1930-2009

ia002063_zps2d2a7e2d.jpg

For having a blog entry featured. For writing 10356 words worth in blog entries. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the Reggie banner and the rejuvenation of Boss Scratch. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 237 days before it was shut down For uploading my entire collection of poops. You succeeded in uploading. For a lot of effort towards site projects in the past. Hopefully there will be more. For meeting Rabbit, Puffin, and their pally TINS. Big whoop. More like the BALLS collab. THERE'S TEN THERE'S FIVE For service. For writing an article! A long time ago.

#10988 Offline Psychotime

Psychotime
  • 10,259 posts
  • Joined 13 July 2008
  • LocationSavannah, GA

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:00 AM

As elitist as it sounds, I don't think new members here should be allowed to make threads outside of the introduction thread until after a certain period of time has elapsed.

The other forum I go to just recently incorporated a rule like that, but it was made to remedy bots.
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 10 videos

#10989 Offline appdirect

appdirect
  • 28,536 posts
  • Joined 16 August 2008
  • LocationHere

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:02 AM

Whenever I see a post about an user saying bad things to itself, I feel the strange need of upvoting that post.

2qjzls1.jpg

Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

#10990 Offline PapaGonzales

PapaGonzales
  • 34,768 posts
  • Joined 11 August 2007

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

Almost all the time they're redundant or stupid threads, and a lot of the time they're about youtube poop, when they could go in the poop talk thread. I just think it'd be reasonable if they learn the ropes for a while by browsing the site and getting a feel for the community. A lot of members tend to try and fit in by immediately making threads in a vain attempt to gain attention, when they could do so (and hopefully gain more positive reception) by participating in current threads.

Not every new member uses the view new content button. Some are happy to just stay in the Poop Talk section and rarely any other area of the forum. People join YouChew for different reasons, mainly YTP, but if they introduce themselves as someone whose solely interested in that subject we shouldn't brush them off. It's the same reason why me and probably you and the rest of the regulars joined this site in the first place.

bwMonster-3.jpg My blog. (I may update it sometime this decade.)

Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year November 2011 - red dirt penis Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 33 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 33 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 233 days before it was shut down Hoorah, Tennis League champion!

#10991 Offline Smonge

Smonge
  • 3,826 posts
  • Joined 20 August 2010
  • LocationVerizon Wireless

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:51 AM

Cooking competitions on TV always come across to me as elitist foodfaggotry. So much time putting effort into small portions of sissy food when you could go to Hardees and eat like a real man. And the judges on the shows--you can practically see them leaning forward because they don't want to coax the stick firmly lodged in their rectum any further in.

Our Minecraft server needs more regular patrons. We've a multitude of creative and survival worlds and unique mods--including YouChew's old creative and survival maps (the survival map's creative mode) and weapon/machine mods. If you'd like to join us please message Robotnikman or me to be added to the member group. Otherwise, you'll be stuck in the default group with no building permissions.

the-outpost.org

revisionistfables.com--now running the forge-powered adventure/fantasy based Hexxit modpack! No whitelist--just grab the launcher from here and connect. 7/10 people say--"the uptime's.....alright."

For having a blog entry featured. October 2013 - "Still the Road is Full of Photographs" (YTPMV) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Simply Simple Simply Simple 2013 2013 For the category of Most Helpful Member. Thanks for being awesome, Smonge. June 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For the Innovation in Simplicity Collab. Stayed strike-free for 1 year.

#10992 Offline Psychotime

Psychotime
  • 10,259 posts
  • Joined 13 July 2008
  • LocationSavannah, GA

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:50 PM

Not every new member uses the view new content button.

I don't think I've ever used it and I've been here for how long?
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 10 videos

#10993 Offline Moogle

Moogle
  • 12,003 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

I got a GameCube emulator just so that I could play Fire Emblem.
Posted Image

#10994 Offline Axe

Axe
  • 18,517 posts
  • Joined 03 December 2007
  • LocationMOURNHOLD, CITY OF LIGHT, CITY OF MAGIC

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

Well I got a GameCube emulator just so I could play Metroid Prime.
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 29 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 119 days before it was shut down So cool. Strike-free for more than 3 years. Congrats! i was a janitor<br />
<br />
i think Welcome to the Few. The Proud. The Moderators. For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread!

#10995 Offline PlThrone

PlThrone
  • 1,430 posts
  • Joined 30 May 2010
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

I have not read any posts in this topic that piss me off or others any more than what I've posted here before.
December 2011 - YTPMV, Regular, Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos

#10996 Offline Billion

Billion
  • 22,916 posts
  • Joined 24 January 2008
  • LocationWorlds away~

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

You're the first person to say that here! Have a gold star!
Posted Image

DN1vCK5.png

March 2014 - Classic You won! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 68 days before it was shut down For uploading 5 videos into the Showroom. For completing at least 5 YTP Tennis matches. Gee, there sure is no time around here! My sword's for dinner.

#10997 Offline randomc

randomc
  • 9,343 posts
  • Joined 19 January 2008

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

Why does this thread continue?
oDJCgHr.gif
3DS: 2191-7968-4165 Wii U: randomc XY name: S. Chameleon
Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years March 2012 - "SOME ASIAN GUYS FIGHT OVER A ROOM KEY" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos December 2011 - Regular, Overall, Classic For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Well done, Link. For being on the Vanilla forums for 72 days before it was shut down 25 poops in the showroom. For uploading 5 YTP's in the Showroom.

#10998 Offline Billion

Billion
  • 22,916 posts
  • Joined 24 January 2008
  • LocationWorlds away~

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:10 PM

so we can all try and troll each other

DN1vCK5.png

#10999 Offline Jintai

Jintai
  • 20,402 posts
  • Joined 16 April 2009
  • LocationZ-City

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:11 PM

Because it's Youchew

tumblr_myp0d3Awno1qh6nmro2_500.jpg

Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 11 videos For donating to the site!

#11000 Offline randomc

randomc
  • 9,343 posts
  • Joined 19 January 2008

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:13 PM

I think rape and pedophile jokes are bland and sucky. Also, I don't like cum jokes.

Hopefully THAT makes someone mad.
oDJCgHr.gif
3DS: 2191-7968-4165 Wii U: randomc XY name: S. Chameleon
Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years March 2012 - "SOME ASIAN GUYS FIGHT OVER A ROOM KEY" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos December 2011 - Regular, Overall, Classic For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Well done, Link. For being on the Vanilla forums for 72 days before it was shut down 25 poops in the showroom. For uploading 5 YTP's in the Showroom.