• Please log in to reply
2452 replies to this topic

#41 Offline TangerineImpz

TangerineImpz
  • 18,846 posts
  • Joined 01 July 2007
  • Locationi care

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:12 AM

I love the original, despite how cheesy and annoying the dialog is.

The second one seemed to remove the whole platforming or adventure part of the game with just "levels" that act as excuses to kill things. Then they took the story and made it this complicated mess that was kind of screaming for plot holes, despite how interesting it was.

Don't even get me started on CoM... I absolutely hate the card system.

Music is awesome.
YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, YOUCHEW!Posted Image
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2012 - "Kill Phil: Deleted Scenes" (Classic) April 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 9 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 274 days before it was shut down

#42 Offline nintengod64

nintengod64
  • 2,918 posts
  • Joined 17 December 2007
  • LocationFife,Scotland

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:14 AM

I used to like Kingdom Hearts, but the fanbase ruined it for me.

I know you're probably thinking "You shouldn't let the fanbase get to you" but it does. I'm also a DBZ fan, and THAT has a better fucking fanbase than KH. All these 13-14 year old girls making every character gay, posting unfunny comics and making terrible AMVs.

I hate every fanbase ever.

I know what you mean. I enjoyed FFVII the first time. but then i discovered that it had the worst fanbase known to mankind(and most KH fanboys are also FFVII fanboys so it makes sense) and now i can't stand the game.

anyway Enjoyed the first one. Did not like the CoM or 2.
For being on the Vanilla forums for 106 days before it was shut down

#43 Offline Comix

Comix
  • 10,750 posts
  • Joined 22 March 2008
  • LocationChamber of the Princess

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:19 AM

Music is awesome.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 9 days before it was shut down

#44 Online The Pope

The Pope

#1 Hancock Fanboy

• 41,742 posts
  • Joined 17 November 2007
  • LocationShibuya UG

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:05 AM

The theme from the first game was a lot better. Simple and Clean or something. This one doesn't really go anywhere. Feels like the same thing for four minutes.

I also don't feel that the Kingdom Hearts series is Yoko Shimomura's best work by any means. There's only a handful of songs I felt were really memorable in the first game, and I just beat it a few weeks ago, when on the other hand I havent played through SMRPG in years upon years, but I still remember just about every song from that game without listening to the soundtrack.

Personally, not a big fan of Simple and Clean. Not to be Japanese weaboo, but the Japanese version is just a lot better. Namely because a lot of the melody of the song itself is different. Maybe they thought America would like a shittier version. Who knows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQSiogJwuQw

Music is awesome.

Hell yeah.

Also, fell in love with this song when I first heard it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I08XazATYzo

AND THIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGwOlQNO8to

THIS SONG MAKES ME SHIT FOR JOY WHENEVER I HEAR IT.
2lkb5ns.jpg
Get back to work, woman.
April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

#45 Online The Pope

The Pope

#1 Hancock Fanboy

• 41,742 posts
  • LocationShibuya UG

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:13 AM

Also, on the matter of which game is better then which...

Personally, I really love Kingdom Hearts II, but in retrospect, it was a pretty easy game.

Other than a few bosses. When I re-fought Xaldin, he still a shithead to beat.

Other than a select few tracks, though, I do enjoy the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack more.

Let's see...it has the orchestral theme (so does II, but not as good), Destati, Forze de Male, Hand in Hand...

Can't help but love Another Side though.

Also, the Dearly Beloved in II is awesome.
2lkb5ns.jpg
Get back to work, woman.
April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

#46 Offline Wikiwow

Wikiwow
  • 16,699 posts
  • Joined 22 June 2007

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:38 AM

I think the boss tracks in KH2 are better.
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 283 days before it was shut down Here comes another Chinese Kirby hippitus hoppitus Running out of jokes

#47 Offline NegroTed

NegroTed

Without warning, it comes.

• 52,684 posts
  • Joined 29 August 2007
  • LocationHrrm.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:56 AM

Also, on the matter of which game is better then which...

Personally, I really love Kingdom Hearts II, but in retrospect, it was a pretty easy game.

Other than a few bosses. When I re-fought Xaldin, he still a shithead to beat.

Other than a select few tracks, though, I do enjoy the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack more.

Let's see...it has the orchestral theme (so does II, but not as good), Destati, Forze de Male, Hand in Hand...

Can't help but love Another Side though.

Also, the Dearly Beloved in II is awesome.

Yeah, I agree with all of this.
21319-metal-gear-solid.jpg
2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks a lot for your generosity. For the category Most Likely To Rule The World. For being on the Vanilla forums for 215 days before it was shut down COULD IT BE YOURS For being an absolutely incredible moderator. I and the rest of the staff are indebted to you. Om nom FUCKING nom

#48 Offline Plaquemonster

Plaquemonster
  • 324 posts
  • Joined 19 June 2008

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:32 AM

KH2 would have been perfect if the Atlantica level didn't have Sora singing half naked

#49 Offline Comix

Comix
  • 10,750 posts
  • Joined 22 March 2008

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:33 AM

KH2 would have been perfect if the Atlantica level didn't have Sora singing half naked, the voice acting was much better, the difficulty raised and the story line fixed for less emo and homosexual undertones

Fix'd
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 9 days before it was shut down

#50 Offline NegroTed

NegroTed

• 52,684 posts
  • Joined 29 August 2007
  • LocationHrrm.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:45 AM

KH2 would have been perfect if the Atlantica level didn't have Sora singing half naked, the voice acting was much better, the difficulty raised and the story line fixed for less emo and homosexual undertones

Fix'd

And very well, I might add.

Square need to realize gay emos are not cool.
2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Thanks a lot for your generosity. For the category Most Likely To Rule The World. For being on the Vanilla forums for 215 days before it was shut down COULD IT BE YOURS For being an absolutely incredible moderator. I and the rest of the staff are indebted to you. Om nom FUCKING nom

#51 Offline Pullahoko

Pullahoko
  • 26,410 posts
  • Joined 22 June 2007
  • LocationKY

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:49 AM

Fix'd

Maybe they're more cool in Japan.

lagopulla.png

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 283 days before it was shut down THANKS FOR BEING SO GOOD Thanks, Hoko.

#52 Offline Comix

Comix
  • 10,750 posts
  • Joined 22 March 2008

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:52 AM

Fix'd

I'm pretty sure they aren't

#53 Offline SlinkyGuy

SlinkyGuy

Grilled Cheese!

• 12,920 posts
  • Joined 28 June 2007
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:10 AM

Fix'd

I'm pretty sure they aren't

Yes, Square Enix ARE gay emos. Plus, I'll only the play the Japanese version of Kingdom Hearts 2 to hear Donald Duck say "SUCK MY COCK!".

Signature_zpsfeaed6e1.png

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 277 days before it was shut down For being GEWD. Ribbit! Om nom thank you

#54 Offline Ophios

Ophios
  • 16,329 posts
  • Joined 02 August 2007
  • LocationAV:VA:AV:VA:AV::V:VA:AV:V

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:22 AM

I swear KHII has a strange difficulty curve near the end.

Sax was a complete bastard to beat as compared to the last battles with xemnas
Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 242 days before it was shut down

#55 Offline NegroTed

NegroTed

• 52,684 posts
  • Joined 29 August 2007
  • LocationHrrm.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:24 AM

I swear KHII has a strange difficulty curve near the end.

Sax was a complete bastard to beat as compared to the last battles with xemnas

I found Sax pretty easy to be honest, Although my friends found him pretty hard. Xaldin was the only one who really gave me trouble but eventually I could beat him on a single life on Proud Mode.

#56 Offline Comix

Comix
  • 10,750 posts
  • Joined 22 March 2008

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:24 AM

Plus, I'll only the play the Japanese version of Kingdom Hearts 2 to hear Donald Duck say "SUCK MY COCK!".

Modern XPlay FTL

#57 Offline Ophios

Ophios
  • 16,329 posts
  • Joined 02 August 2007
  • LocationAV:VA:AV:VA:AV::V:VA:AV:V

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:26 AM

Xaldin was the only one who really gave me trouble but eventually I could beat him on a single life on Proud Mode.

OH LAWD XALDIN

Don't remind me.

SO FUCKING HARD, AND ONLY HALFWAY THROUGH THE GAME.
Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 242 days before it was shut down

#58 Offline NegroTed

NegroTed

• 52,684 posts
  • Joined 29 August 2007
  • LocationHrrm.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:29 AM

Xaldin was the only one who really gave me trouble but eventually I could beat him on a single life on Proud Mode.

OH LAWD XALDIN

Don't remind me.

THIRTEEN FUCKING SPEARS

I think that was a unanimous RAGE moment for anyone who played that game.

#59 Offline Comix

Comix
  • 10,750 posts
  • Joined 22 March 2008

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:29 AM

OH LAWD XALDIN

Don't remind me.

Holy shit, that fight. You'd think that it'd be easy, seeing as how everything else was.

#60 Online The Pope

The Pope

#1 Hancock Fanboy

• 41,742 posts
  • LocationShibuya UG

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:00 AM

When I re-fought Xaldin, he still a shithead to beat.

2lkb5ns.jpg
Get back to work, woman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users