Our Latest Article: Mark of Darkness: Another Symptom
Photo

LOW SUBSCRIBER PEOPLE, LET'S HAVE US A CONTEST!!!!! RULES ARE FINALIZED

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Emperor Ing

Emperor Ing
  • 38,643 posts
  • Joined 24 January 2008
  • LocationHoly Cheaver Church

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:32 PM

Well, all these rash of "X has Y subscribers" has got me thinking: How about all of us, generally unknown poopers at large, have a friendly competition, to see who REALLY deserves those low number of subscribers (lol)!
With all the talk of "dude you deserve more fans" and all that, I thought it would be fitting to try to boost our own small fanbases, as well as see how the fans of other poopers would react.

If you're one the "Subscribers don't matter to me" types, that's alright, but you can still compete if you want...

Now, onto specifics, which aren't alot...

First, QUALIFICATIONS...

I am thinking of this: Less than 50, OR the sum total of all your video view is less than 5000. That way, popular people can't sneak in. I'm sorry if that excludes anyone, but the rules right now are subject to change.

Next, ACTUAL CONTEST:

The actual contest shall be somewhat similar to the perfect poop contest, namely that I expect maximum effort from it. Also here are the source guidlines, as suggested by Erarg:
Since we are not mainstream poopers by any means, Mainstream media sources will not be allowed. That means no Zelda, Mario, Sonic, Naruto, etc. etc. to use. Since this is a little-guy project, we will use little sources: Any cult movies, cult games, old 80's /90's cartoons are permissable, as long as they are screened and clarified to be cult. So you can use stuff like Dr. Stranglove, The Evil Dead movies, Old N64 cutscenes, and the like. Hopefully, this won't blow up in our faces, right?

SELECTING the Winner:

I am thinking something along the line of a free democratic voting system of one man, one vote kinda thing, and after enough votes, We would select the winner. I also am thinking it tournament style, where the top 5 go on, and are voted on, and so forth, etc etc. A topic will be made to vote one what the forum members think are the best, or most well-made.

Finally, the PRIZE:

This is the One CLEAR thing I had in mind: The winner would get his submission posted on all the channels of the other participants, and something along the line of posting the video as a response to some of the pooper's more viewed poops. The ultimate goal is to get more exposure for us little guys, and if that doesn't happen, at least we had a fun time, right?

DUE DATE:
Since most of us have school, I will say that a reasonable time for this contest is NO LATER THAN NOON OF THIS HOLY SATURDAY. I will make a topic for submissions, and early submissions will be allowed, but only AFTER the topic has been created. One week may be alot of time, but this gives you more time to fine-tune and temper your poop well.

After all the bad stuff happening to the forums, I think this contest is a good way to foster a sense of community, and at the same time, have fun with some friendly competition. So, what do you all think? Is this too ambitious? Not enough? Any feedback is welcome, as I am new to trying this stuff (I never have even played tennis before...)

Edited by Vanilla Emperor Ing_360, 15 March 2008 - 07:20 PM.

9a5ffcaa-5c80-40e6-a3de-8927d567bd25_zps
Spoiler
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 67 days before it was shut down http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/20616-the-comparative-history-of-the-svirean-people/ For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For doing something awesome, I dunno. THANKS FOR THE HELP, BROTHER Thanks for participating. Awarded to you as a member of the team Windows Movie Maker Miscreants for emerging victorious in the tennis season! Congratulations on the result of your teamwork, skill and endurance! For taking part. Tennis Fuck Choice award. you did it my boy, you won. the birds, how beautifully they sing in the pit.<br />
<br />
it is indeed clean. ing vs moogle was one of the best tennis matches i have watched, so you sir, get one of the hardest awards on the site For 10 For 5! The most well behaved giant tentacle dark ballsack to ever live. For service. Ribbit! Something about Tennis. For Best Overall Character in Rabbit's Character Study Contest.

#2 Offline NS2

NS2
  • 14,760 posts
  • Joined 10 January 2008
  • LocationBeyond

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:35 PM

Ha, I have 31. Am I too good for this contest, Ing?

MonkPiano2_zps54836f16.png icon_cool2.gif

Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 26 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS THERE, SITS THE ONLY KING, I MEAN TO BEND MY KNEE TO October 2011 For being on the Vanilla forums for 81 days before it was shut down For your match versus your brother, ThePlasticCanteen. You two played an amazing, unique oldschool-style match.<br />
<br />
You deserve a pat on the back, but all I have to give is this. <3 For organizing a successful collab with at least 20 people! For organizing a successful collab with at least 10 people! For participating in 10 completed collabs! For completing 10 tennis matches! For completing 5 tennis matches! For finding all three I.M. Meen pics! Thanks for being Strike-Free! For servicing our mod staff! For working on the Chewiki!

#3 Offline DrGenericMan

DrGenericMan
  • 8,622 posts
  • Joined 11 February 2008
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:36 PM

I have 40, which is more than plenty might ever get. sooo..... not to be an elitist bastard, but I'll just stay out of this one.
Spoiler
Sig is too large.
For being on the Vanilla forums for 49 days before it was shut down Thanks for cookies!

#4 Online Hoss1993

Hoss1993
  • 7,560 posts
  • Joined 14 August 2007
  • LocationStill champion

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:36 PM

Sound interesting.

quakeroats.png

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 230 days before it was shut down

#5 Offline uncleer

uncleer
  • 3,813 posts
  • Joined 09 January 2008
  • LocationBournemouth, England

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:38 PM

That sounds like fun i only have 14 subs so i would give it a go

i would say that it should be less than 50 subscribers

but i don't really have any ideas at the moment for how it would work
For being on the Vanilla forums for 82 days before it was shut down Thanks.

#6 Offline RAKninja

RAKninja
  • 24,337 posts
  • Joined 07 February 2008
  • LocationKaon, Cybertron

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:41 PM

lol you'll win.... or one of the bigger names who's recently lost his/her account.....

but i'm game.

anything to remind people of what megatron and optimus prime REALLY look like.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS For being on the Vanilla forums for 53 days before it was shut down IAMTENNISBOT

#7 Offline Emperor Ing

Emperor Ing
  • 38,643 posts
  • Joined 24 January 2008

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:42 PM

Yeah, NS2, I guess I could make it whoever has less than 31 subscribers...

I am thinking of this: Less than 50, OR the sum total of all your video view is less than 5000. That way, popular people can't sneak in. I'm sorry if that excludes anyone, but the rules right now are subject to change.
Spoiler
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 67 days before it was shut down http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/20616-the-comparative-history-of-the-svirean-people/ For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! For doing something awesome, I dunno. THANKS FOR THE HELP, BROTHER Thanks for participating. Awarded to you as a member of the team Windows Movie Maker Miscreants for emerging victorious in the tennis season! Congratulations on the result of your teamwork, skill and endurance! For taking part. Tennis Fuck Choice award. you did it my boy, you won. the birds, how beautifully they sing in the pit.<br />
<br />
it is indeed clean. ing vs moogle was one of the best tennis matches i have watched, so you sir, get one of the hardest awards on the site For 10 For 5! The most well behaved giant tentacle dark ballsack to ever live. For service. Ribbit! Something about Tennis. For Best Overall Character in Rabbit's Character Study Contest.

#8 Offline Erarg

Erarg
  • 6,408 posts
  • Joined 10 December 2007

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:43 PM

Too much?

4:10 PM - Erarg: the first thing i'm going to make4:10 PM - Erarg: dicks4:10 PM - burit 4 YCP admin '10: thats gonna suck

Posted ImagePosted Image
For being on the Vanilla forums for 112 days before it was shut down 10 matches. Yay! 5 matches. YOU FOUND ME, YOU BIG NOSE Thanks for the cookies.

#9 Offline NS2

NS2
  • 14,760 posts
  • Joined 10 January 2008
  • LocationBeyond

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:45 PM

Nah, I'm currently involved in a tennis match with Crash2991, so I'd be too busy.

Edited by NS2, 15 March 2008 - 06:52 PM.

MonkPiano2_zps54836f16.png icon_cool2.gif

Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 26 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS THERE, SITS THE ONLY KING, I MEAN TO BEND MY KNEE TO October 2011 For being on the Vanilla forums for 81 days before it was shut down For your match versus your brother, ThePlasticCanteen. You two played an amazing, unique oldschool-style match.<br />
<br />
You deserve a pat on the back, but all I have to give is this. <3 For organizing a successful collab with at least 20 people! For organizing a successful collab with at least 10 people! For participating in 10 completed collabs! For completing 10 tennis matches! For completing 5 tennis matches! For finding all three I.M. Meen pics! Thanks for being Strike-Free! For servicing our mod staff! For working on the Chewiki!

#10 Offline MoebusOne

MoebusOne
  • 1,504 posts
  • LocationOHIO!

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:48 PM

This sounds like fun. Any idea when you want to start this?
Posted Image
For being on the Vanilla forums for 53 days before it was shut down

#11 Offline RAKninja

RAKninja
  • 24,337 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:49 PM

lol the way my match is going, i could handle another game, AND do this vid for this contest thing, AND make another "regular" poop.

not that it's a bad thing....

Edited by RAKninja, 15 March 2008 - 06:49 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS For being on the Vanilla forums for 53 days before it was shut down IAMTENNISBOT

#12 Offline Emperor Ing

Emperor Ing
  • 38,643 posts
  • Joined 24 January 2008

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:49 PM

You have fun with that, NS2.

Next order of business:

Should we have a general "Make the best poop you can with unlimited sources" or a "Here's a few preset sources: What can you do with them?"?

Or a third option not listed?
Speak away!
Spoiler
<br />

#13 Offline Emperor Ing

Emperor Ing
  • 38,643 posts
  • Joined 24 January 2008

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:52 PM

Moebus, here's my plan, SO EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!!

Most of us are still in school, so here's the deal:

How about we have one week to make the contest poop, and have to submit it by noon on Holy Saturday, or rather, this Saturday. I will make a topic for submissions, and you can post them early, but the deadline is Holy Saturday at noon.
Spoiler
<br />

#14 Offline Jaz

Jaz
  • 5,531 posts
  • Joined 23 December 2007
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:54 PM

I only got 26 subscribers.

2q0u0rn.jpg

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 99 days before it was shut down

#15 Offline RAKninja

RAKninja
  • 24,337 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:57 PM

i wouldent go with the presets, unless you are willing to find downloads of them all.

i much prefer working from my own DVDs.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 Offline Emperor Ing

Emperor Ing
  • 38,643 posts
  • Joined 24 January 2008

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:59 PM

RAK, I was thinking If I WERE to use presets, they'd all be from youtube for convenience, but do you have any idea as to video selection?
Spoiler
<br />

#17 Offline Erarg

Erarg
  • 6,408 posts
  • Joined 10 December 2007

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:02 PM

Since it's low subscriber, how about some cult movies/shows to use?

4:10 PM - Erarg: the first thing i'm going to make4:10 PM - Erarg: dicks4:10 PM - burit 4 YCP admin '10: thats gonna suck

Posted ImagePosted Image
For being on the Vanilla forums for 112 days before it was shut down 10 matches. Yay! 5 matches. YOU FOUND ME, YOU BIG NOSE Thanks for the cookies.

#18 Offline Emperor Ing

Emperor Ing
  • 38,643 posts
  • Joined 24 January 2008

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:11 PM

Erarg, that is a brilliant idea.

Stuff like the Evil Dead movies, and old 80's 90's cartoons. Time to edit first post!
Spoiler
<br />

#19 Offline Luioigi

Luioigi
  • 5,274 posts
  • Joined 11 August 2007
  • LocationSkinny Dick's Halfway Inn

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:15 PM

Yes...yes
Posted Image
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 51 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 233 days before it was shut down Congrats! You have completed 25 Tennis matches.

#20 Offline RAKninja

RAKninja
  • 24,337 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:20 PM

ah, the material i use anyway.... what i was hoping for....

as for the winner, your saying that each participant must feature the winner?
Posted ImagePosted Image