Sign in to follow this  
Hunter2600

Creepy Sound Effects- How do I make them?

7 replies to this topic

Hunter2600

I've googled it, searched it on this forum, but I have not gotten the results I needed.

How do I make creepy/onimous sound effects?

For instance, this video uses some sources that aren't even creepy and makes it sound demonic.

ignore the source, but it was the best example I could find.

The thing I noticed is that some of the sounds were extended in length, giving sort of a wheezing effect.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

GameBop

Some techniques for creating "creepy" sound effects that I know of are:

- Lowering the pitch

- Adding a reverb effect for ambience

- Slowing things down with a lower pitch, either slightly if you still want to understand it, or to a huge extent for a creepy background noise

- Reversing a clip, applying an echo and/or reverb type effect to it, and then reversing it again. This was used in the audio clip you gave

- Applying a very slow Vibrato effect simply going downward/slower. This is done by making the vibrato graph simply a slope from the neutral point to a lower point, and lowering the frequency greatly until the Vibrato lasts for the whole clip

- Playing the audio on multiple layers in multiple different pitches at the same time.

Best Tenniser 2017 For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all 100 cards! Great job! For collecting all ten gold cards! For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa It has taken me a long substantial time to do it. Sorry! Meeting MycroProcessor Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Tennis Mini-Competition. ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 267 days before it was shut down hooray! congrats on 50 matches congrats! Giving you back this award from months ago:<br />
<br />
"GameBop vs. AjaxCubed turned out to be my new favorite match of all time once it finished, and consequentially was my favorite match of this month. Great job to both of you!" Hoorah, Gray Tennis champion!
Is it possible to give someone two of the same award? Let's find out! For being crowned champion of the Triples Tournament. oh hey it's me

lordbababa

You can also download paulstretch and you can also stretch out the clip which will either make it sound like zen music or some type of creepy silent hill type of thing.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Meeting TINS Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos for 5 tennis matches. like a true tennis-playing patriot.

Tofucakecan

One trick i like for making creepy/eerie sounds...

-Copy the sound clip and overlap it so that it matches exactly (do this once or twice)

-Pitch each copy up from three to eight semitones (using Vegas)

-reverse the sound clips and/or stretch them out.

Works good for voice/jingles ^__^

For having a video featured in Recommended YouTube Poops of July & August 2016! For staying strike free for 5 years. Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa For participating in more than 10 successful collaborations! For successfully organizing the Bad Music Video collab! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating For your debut article "Netflix That Shit: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmates". Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos May 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 14 videos

Simon Belmont Painting

*Ear rape

*Coupling (having two copies of the same sound track, but one has its pitch lowered/raised by 1 semitone, creating a disonant sound). Moving one layer so that the result is an echo effect can also be used.

*phaser/flanger effects

*slowing it down

*Using the EQ so that only three of the lowest bass sliders are all the way up, everything else is at 0 dB, causing it to sound muffled and distorted.

Using visual effects lens flare (for glowing eyes) and invert/negative helps add to the effect.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating December 2011 - Sentence mix-core PASTA POOOOWER For the Lou Albano Collab For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 47 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 47 videos

AGSMA

Pretty much what GameBop said. Here's an example that worked well.

At 0:59, I reversed Morshu's quote, added Reverb and then I reversed it again. It caused some sort of a phantom-like sound effect.

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

Proceo

Some things I like to do:

use distort, bring the middle line all the way up to the upper-left corner and lower the volume a bit.

It'll sound really static-y, then lower the pitch, and suspense ensues.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

The Neoprene Junebug

Protip: combine all of these effects in different combinations for added creepiness. Just play with them till you find something you like.

Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos YES Donating $10 to the site. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 9 videos