• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
Smonge

General YTP/Editor Help Thread

1,042 replies to this topic

unregistredhypercam   
unregistredhypercam

Ok, well its up. I still dont recommend watching it at all. Its not only spadinner, Ive never seen spadinner this bad.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

mowub   
mowub

Final Cut Pro has been screwing up pretty badly today. It glitches randomly, lets out a short blast of ear rape, then silences the source's audio track if I try to slow down or reverse a clip, making it hard for me to get anything finished. I wish I had a PC so I could get Vegas.

Any help would be appreciated.

For getting 90 5-star ratings For submitting 200 videos to the showroom For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years November 2012 - "Norb Loves Dag's Nuts" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 24 videos

Combuskenisawesome   
Combuskenisawesome

I'm currently testing out various rendering methods besides my tried-and-true mpeg-1, and whenever I try xvid mpeg4 avi, I'm totally frozen and need to force quit ES. Do I need to redownload the codec or something? I keep getting "this page is unavailable" when I try to go to the xvid site for this... But then again, I was only doing it for testing, so I guess it's not too big of a deal if I can't get that particular option to work.

EDIT: Holy crap, guys, I think I have a new go-to rendering method now! Okay, so rendering a wmv in ES, if you leave it at default settings, looks and sounds like shit... BUT after messing with it a bit it actually looks and sounds quite hi-fi! And the resulting file was smaller than the equivalent mpeg of said test file!

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For making it in many Recommended YouTube Poops articles, with the most recent one (at the time of this writing) being in March & April 2016.

For being a part of the Recommended YouTube Poops of October & November 2016

& April 2017 For getting 90 5-star ratings Illustrating card #79 Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa For getting 20 awards Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Best Image Editor 2015
Best Image Editor 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years June 2012 - "155- Damnation is determined by Jehovah and Satan's toy preferences" (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for having 32 videos with a 5 star rating 2013, Best Image Editor 2014 For his entry "Hotel Mario Fusion". Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos December 2011 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos

IAMVEEMON   
IAMVEEMON

K I have a question about a small technical oddity that's been going on for a while. While it's nothing major that prevents me from making poops, for whatever reason Vegas will not accept MP4's or AVI's. When I put MP4's in, it says, "None of the files dropped on Vegas Pro could be opened." Then AVI's go in fine, but it only shows audio and no video, and there's no error message to tell me why. It's not that the videos are broken because they play just fine on Media Player, (so I would guess not anyway.) I'm currently using Vegas Pro 8 on a Windows 7 comp. Vegas only started doing that on 7 and not when I still had a Vista, so I guessing it's something to do with that. I've tried playing with my settings, but I can't find anything that would fix that. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you. Again nothing major, as I can get around that by converting the video in to a WMV with aTube, but it'd be nice if I could get that resolved.

LightningLuigi   
LightningLuigi

K I have a question about a small technical oddity that's been going on for a while. While it's nothing major that prevents me from making poops, for whatever reason Vegas will not accept MP4's or AVI's. When I put MP4's in, it says, "None of the files dropped on Vegas Pro could be opened." Then AVI's go in fine, but it only shows audio and no video, and there's no error message to tell me why. It's not that the videos are broken because they play just fine on Media Player, (so I would guess not anyway.) I'm currently using Vegas Pro 8 on a Windows 7 comp. Vegas only started doing that on 7 and not when I still had a Vista, so I guessing it's something to do with that. I've tried playing with my settings, but I can't find anything that would fix that. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you. Again nothing major, as I can get around that by converting the video in to a WMV with aTube, but it'd be nice if I could get that resolved.

I've experienced a similar problem myself. Try updating your video codecs. I use K-Lite Mega Pack, which let's me use just about any video type. I recommend looking it up and installing it, it should fix your problem.

Friendliest User 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For the categories of Friendliest Member and Most Helpful Member. December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 54 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 54 videos For writing articles For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread!
Posting after Dopply Om nom nom, you get cookie!

IAMVEEMON   
IAMVEEMON

I've experienced a similar problem myself. Try updating your video codecs. I use K-Lite Mega Pack, which let's me use just about any video type. I recommend looking it up and installing it, it should fix your problem.

OK thanks, I'll try give this a shot, although I was also wondering if maybe it does that because Pro 8's kinda old? I mean I think is was designed for like Vista and XP's, and I'm using it on 7. But I'll try install that program and see what happens.

Cantfly   
Cantfly

How is it that you maintain the same audio pitch when doing a slowdown in Movie Maker again? I've been searching myself for how to do it but have found nothing so far.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Doctorshyguy   
Doctorshyguy

How is it that you maintain the same audio pitch when doing a slowdown in Movie Maker again? I've been searching myself for how to do it but have found nothing so far.

I think it depends on the version you use. The version 2.6 changes pitch, and the version 6.0 does not (but it crashes a lot more). U could also use change tempo in audacity and slow down the visual seprate if u wanted to spend the time.

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Tacheon Black   
Tacheon Black

HELLO THERE

My question is pretty simple: How do I stutter in Sony Vegas 8? I'm assuming it has something to do with the tracking rate, but for the life of me I haven't been able to figure it out. I tried to arm the track to record and fuck with the rate but that ended up fucking up absolutely everything and made me sad

pob   
pob

HELLO THERE

My question is pretty simple: How do I stutter in Sony Vegas 8? I'm assuming it has something to do with the tracking rate, but for the life of me I haven't been able to figure it out. I tried to arm the track to record and fuck with the rate but that ended up fucking up absolutely everything and made me sad

I stutter by cutting up one of the tracks into one- or two-frame segments and copy/pasting. Any effect I'd like to apply to all of them I simply apply to the first one before copying it.

Individual effects for individual frames obviously requires a lot more work.

2013 Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year December 2011 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Tacheon Black   
Tacheon Black

Okay, so it really is as much of a pain as I was afraid it was going to be.

Ah well, it's not art unless you suffer for it. Cheers, comrade.

LightningLuigi   
LightningLuigi

It's actually a lot simpler if you use the keyboard shortcuts. Just trim down the clip and select it, and press Ctrl+c, then hold down Ctrl+p for as long as you want the studder to go on for.

Friendliest User 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For the categories of Friendliest Member and Most Helpful Member. December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 54 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 54 videos For writing articles For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread!
Posting after Dopply Om nom nom, you get cookie!

BerixMaster2010   
BerixMaster2010

I feel like a dumbass for asking this, but anyways here's my question:

In Magix Movie Edit Pro 16 Plus, how do you remove the letterboxes(black bars)?

For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Harrison Ford Trivia

Stuart K Reilly   
Stuart K Reilly

In Magix Movie Edit Pro 16 Plus, how do you removed the letterboxes(black bars)?

install vegas

For staying warn free for 9 years For making it on a few of the Recommended YouTube Poops articles, with the most recent one being for December 2015 & January 2016. For getting 90 5-star ratings Best Musician 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards A No. First a Janitor, now a Café Staffer! Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Best YouTube Pooper 2014
Best YouTube Pooper 2016 1st as "Most Likely to Rule the World" - 2014
Most Likely to Rule the World 2015
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 137 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 137 videos For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos March 2012 - Overall March 2012 - "IM Meen Becomes Self Aware" (Sentence mix-core) For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos Excellent job, mang. For winning the re-poop contest! Great work!

BerixMaster2010   
BerixMaster2010

In Magix Movie Edit Pro 16 Plus, how do you removed the letterboxes(black bars)?

install vegas

Ok then. *Installs Sony Vegas*

For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Harrison Ford Trivia

Tacheon Black   
Tacheon Black

It's actually a lot simpler if you use the keyboard shortcuts. Just trim down the clip and select it, and press Ctrl+c, then hold down Ctrl+p for as long as you want the studder to go on for.

Wow, that also helps a lot. Thanks guys!

Cantfly   
Cantfly

I think it depends on the version you use. The version 2.6 changes pitch, and the version 6.0 does not (but it crashes a lot more). U could also use change tempo in audacity and slow down the visual seprate if u wanted to spend the time.

I tried, but whenever I want to slow down the clip in Movie Maker 6.0 it just removes the sound entirely. Nothing seems to work, though I'm probably just ignoring an important feature that deals with this.

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Silverstreak   
Silverstreak
  • Banned
  • For some reason, when I pitchshift in Premiere and I turn off the Format Preserve, it becomes silent when exported. This has barred me from YTPMV's, which I don't really make, but it still bugs me. How do I fix this?

THIS. I cannot, for the life of me, pitchshift properly in Premiere. My problem is that pitchshifting will make the audio off-sync with the video, and I can't get the pitch "just right". I have a pirated copy of Vegas Pro 11, should I use that instead?

April 2012 - "pizza bagels fall out of my pocket and go everywhere " (Regular) April 2012 - Overall Contributin' to the Chewikis mario paint will never be art ew, poop For organizing the Photopoop contest Lotsa spa-edits Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 27 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

Bloodis   
    Bloodis

I have a pirated copy of Vegas Pro 11, should I use that instead?

I wouldn't recommend Vegas Pro 11 yet, but Pitch shifting is one of the most easiest things in Vegas though. So if you want to, then go ahead...

For hosting and participating in the 2012 YouChew Secret Santa art contest! For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 33 videos with a 5 star rating For the Commercial Collab 5 multi-way tennis matches. Awwww yeah. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Hosting YouChew's Secret Santa of 2012. July 2012 - "What's un Hatsune doing with them Music club girls?" (Brain rape/Rape-core) July 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! 10 matches done 5 tennis matches yo Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

amitbendor   
    amitbendor

12/1/2011 is the date that lady gaga's new music video "marry the night" will realese. i wanna poop it but the problem is that UMG blocking every new music video contact. i dont know what to do to stop that blocking.. what do YOU do?