Smonge

General YTP/Editor Help Thread

1,081 replies to this topic

Bloodis

If you find that you have an AVI or a MKV or something that vegas refuses to properly open, you can re encode it with handbrake into MP4, which it will be able to open.

I don't even know how the hell you can even get .mkv files into a video editor.

For hosting and participating in the 2012 YouChew Secret Santa art contest! For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 33 videos with a 5 star rating For the Commercial Collab 5 multi-way tennis matches. Awwww yeah. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Hosting YouChew's Secret Santa of 2012. July 2012 - "What's un Hatsune doing with them Music club girls?" (Brain rape/Rape-core) July 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! 10 matches done 5 tennis matches yo Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TargetDog12

I tried converting a .wav file to Vegas to start editing it, and only the sound came up. How do I convert videos to Vegas with both picture and sound?

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Bloodis

I tried converting a .wav file to Vegas to start editing it, and only the sound came up. How do I convert videos to Vegas with both picture and sound?

.wav is an audio file derpderp

Unless you typoed .wmv, then it would help if you would say that what converter are you using.

For hosting and participating in the 2012 YouChew Secret Santa art contest! For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 33 videos with a 5 star rating For the Commercial Collab 5 multi-way tennis matches. Awwww yeah. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Hosting YouChew's Secret Santa of 2012. July 2012 - "What's un Hatsune doing with them Music club girls?" (Brain rape/Rape-core) July 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! 10 matches done 5 tennis matches yo Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

TargetDog12

Unless you typoed .wmv, then it would help if you would say that what converter are you using.

Mediaconverter

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Bloodis

Mediaconverter

So it's an online converter, right?

why

TargetDog12

Mediaconverter

So it's an online converter, right?

why

Never mind, I figured it out.

BerixMaster2010

Could anyone that uses Magix Movie Edit Pro tell me what the hell is with these marker things?:

TNgFr.png

For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Harrison Ford Trivia

teblin

Hello everyone, I've been pooping for just a few days using the dreaded WMM. I've tried a couple free trials of more complex programs but I still can't find out how to do:

Clip reversal

Sound fluctuation (where the pitch rises and falls) [see 2:48] :

Any free editing programs, that include the above effects, and can do a wide range of things? Any help greatly appreciated.

Smonge

I'm merging this into the General YTP Help Thread.

We like to keep the individual help threads to a minimum to better improve board navigation.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For writing 11289 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. October 2013 - "Still the Road is Full of Photographs" (YTPMV) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Simply Simple Simply Simple 2013, Favorite Staff Member 2014, Friendliest User 2015, Most Helpful Member 2015 2013 Thanks for being awesome, Smonge. June 2012 - Overall, Regular For the category of Most Helpful Member
2013, Friendliest User 2014, Most Helpful Member 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For the Innovation in Simplicity Collab. Stayed strike-free for 1 year.

Moogle

It's been proved now and again that WMM can produce top-quality poops. You won't be able to do any fancy masking or whatever, but you don't need that to make a sammich.

For reversing, you just cut the desired segment into the smallest bits you can, and put them in reversed order, one by one. It looks and sounds way cooler than the "perfect" Vegas reverse, too.

For staying strike free for 5 years. top 420 anime boobz ROBOT BUNNY BOOBS December 2011 - Overall December 2011 - "LEAKED FINAL FANTASY TACTICS 2 TRAILER" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 34 days before it was shut down good job, you jerk. (DONE, VOTE) and stuff! Congratulations! your face I could eat I'm so hungry Oh boy Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!

Smonge

I'm definitely inclined to agree--I'll go as far as saying you can make an entertaining poop using even only stock wmm, no FXArchive stuff. I mean, repeats, stutters, horizontal flipping--that's the kind of stuff I love and you can do that on Movie Maker right out of the box. It's not everybody's cup of tea--I know for my part it's slow and crashes like a sonuvagun all the time, but when you look at the free alternatives it's easily the cream of the crop.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For writing 11289 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. October 2013 - "Still the Road is Full of Photographs" (YTPMV) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Simply Simple Simply Simple 2013, Favorite Staff Member 2014, Friendliest User 2015, Most Helpful Member 2015 2013 Thanks for being awesome, Smonge. June 2012 - Overall, Regular For the category of Most Helpful Member
2013, Friendliest User 2014, Most Helpful Member 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For the Innovation in Simplicity Collab. Stayed strike-free for 1 year.

ColinMaloneysHombre

I use Adobe Premiere Elements 9. How would I insert a picture over someone's head and make it move in sync with the video?

Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

HarvestmanMan

I use Adobe Premiere Elements 9. How would I insert a picture over someone's head and make it move in sync with the video?

Make sure it's an image surrounded by a white background if you want, say, a cutout from a larger image. Use Motion Tracking to track the head, attach the image to the box around the head, and use the "RGB Difference Key" to get rid of the white background.

It doesn't always track moving objects right, so if it doesn't track the head correctly, right-click on whatever random tracking box it shows and delete it. Then you can crop a box around the head and track it again.

Sorry if this is confusing.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For participating in the 2013 Spooky Poop Halloween contest Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos

ExpensiveDiscount

I've been having a series of issues with rendering as of late:

Whenever I render a video in WMV, it ends up taking an incredibly long time for it to finish, even if it's 30 seconds, plus the video ends up looking like crap. Now, if I render it in AVI, it takes much less time, but the video ends up taking alot of space.

I've been rendering videos in mp4 as of late, and the videos turn out fine, but if I try to render it in widescreen, the video quality winds up very crappy.

To sum it up, what do I do so I can have a good quality render in widescreen?

Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

Superchops

I've been having a series of issues with rendering as of late:

Whenever I render a video in WMV, it ends up taking an incredibly long time for it to finish, even if it's 30 seconds, plus the video ends up looking like crap. Now, if I render it in AVI, it takes much less time, but the video ends up taking alot of space.

I've been rendering videos in mp4 as of late, and the videos turn out fine, but if I try to render it in widescreen, the video quality winds up very crappy.

To sum it up, what do I do so I can have a good quality render in widescreen?

Have you tried MPEG-2? It's what I use.
For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having a blog entry featured. For writing 10608 words worth in blog entries. October 2012 - "Unstoppable Bottom Force" (Overall, Regular) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year May 2012 - Overall, Regular, Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos

teblin

Thanks, but still, what is the effect that makes the pitch fluctuate? I tried Pitch Shift and Flange/Wah-Wah but it still doesn't seem to be the same.

The effect when No Slacking speaks at 2:48:

FullCap

Thanks, but still, what is the effect that makes the pitch fluctuate? I tried Pitch Shift and Flange/Wah-Wah but it still doesn't seem to be the same.

The effect when No Slacking speaks at 2:48:

I'm gonna guess Vibrato if you haven't tried already.

March 2012 - Overall, YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos