by: Tartorsauce

Today, 11:17 AM

Thumbnail

Arin of Extinction

by: Countsmegula

Today, 11:08 AM

Our Latest Article: The Demise of SweetFrog
Photo

General YTP/Editor Help ThreadBefore you post a help thread, please don't post a help thread and instead ask your question here

• Please log in to reply
527 replies to this topic

#41 Offline MetalSocks240

MetalSocks240

I am the last born of the blood of the Pharaohs

• 29,294 posts
  • Joined 01 August 2007
  • LocationGWAR Fortress, NH

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:37 AM

Edit it as much as possible, that it doesn't look like the actual source. That or flip the video, that seems to work a few times.

It could be the music that might be the problem as well, though I haven't seen a video getting audio disabled recently, so that may not be much of a problem.

604f675a31.jpg

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

#42 Offline Smonge

Smonge

Mr. Poop Talk

• 4,037 posts
  • Joined 20 August 2010
  • LocationVerizon Wireless

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

12/1/2011 is the date that lady gaga's new music video "marry the night" will realese. i wanna poop it but the problem is that UMG blocking every new music video contact. i dont know what to do to stop that blocking.. what do YOU do?

Moved here.

Our Minecraft server needs more regular patrons. We've a multitude of creative and survival worlds and unique mods--including YouChew's old creative and survival maps (the survival map's creative mode) and weapon/machine mods. If you'd like to join us please message Robotnikman or me to be added to the member group. Otherwise, you'll be stuck in the default group with no building permissions.

the-outpost.org

revisionistfables.com--now running the forge-powered adventure/fantasy based Hexxit modpack! No whitelist--just grab the launcher from here and connect. 7/10 people say--"the uptime's.....alright."

For having a blog entry featured. October 2013 - "Still the Road is Full of Photographs" (YTPMV) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Simply Simple Simply Simple 2013, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013 For the category of Most Helpful Member Thanks for being awesome, Smonge. June 2012 - Overall, Regular Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For the Innovation in Simplicity Collab. Stayed strike-free for 1 year.

#43 Offline FullCap

FullCap
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 26 November 2011
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjb0v9x0tyI
I use Sony Vegas Pro 11.
I'm stumped on how one would sustained those notes with those samples at 0:13-0:16 and 0:18-0:21
I'm uncertain whether they're using Vegas or After Effects, but I THINK for that video, it might be Vegas.
Posted Image
March 2012 - Overall, YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

#44 Offline KnightRiderÖfHazzardCounty

KnightRiderÖfHazzardCounty
  • 491 posts
  • Joined 21 July 2011
  • LocationShore

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

im having trouble fitting a screen shot into this monitor perfectly, i use paint.net so anyone got any ideas Posted Image
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

#45 Offline Combuskenisawesome

Combuskenisawesome
  • 3,244 posts
  • Joined 07 April 2008
  • LocationGay Tickle Land

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

Try going to Layers>Rotate/Zoom... (or Ctrl+Shft+Z) and fiddle with that a bit.

fi3pM06.png

For the category of Best Image Editor, Best Image Editor 2014. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years June 2012 - "155- Damnation is determined by Jehovah and Satan's toy preferences" (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for having 32 videos with a 5 star rating For his entry "Hotel Mario Fusion". Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos December 2011 - Brain rape/Rape-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 26 videos

#46 Online supreme_slayer

supreme_slayer

Muffled Noises in the Background

• 10,783 posts
  • Joined 05 April 2009
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

Anyone know the program/voice that is used for Sath McFarland in those videos? I have been wanting to make a Sath video for some time, and asked a few people this question, but nobody knows.
3DS FC: 2208-5281-4075, Animal Crossing & Pokemon Y -- Haves and Wants in my Blog
Posted Image
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Halloween Festival awards. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest Apparently I was eligible for this all along. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Certainly quite a few pictures you've made there. For his 2011 Festival contribution

#47 Offline mowub

mowub

Charlie Adler Fan

• 4,385 posts
  • Joined 17 February 2011

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

Anyone know the program/voice that is used for Sath McFarland in those videos? I have been wanting to make a Sath video for some time, and asked a few people this question, but nobody knows.

AT&T Text-to-Speech. Voice is called "Mike."
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years November 2012 - "Norb Loves Dag's Nuts" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 24 videos

#48 Online supreme_slayer

supreme_slayer

Muffled Noises in the Background

• 10,783 posts
  • Joined 05 April 2009
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

Alright, thanks!
3DS FC: 2208-5281-4075, Animal Crossing & Pokemon Y -- Haves and Wants in my Blog
Posted Image
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Halloween Festival awards. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest Apparently I was eligible for this all along. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Certainly quite a few pictures you've made there. For his 2011 Festival contribution

#49 Offline UltraGrounder

UltraGrounder
  • 552 posts
  • Joined 22 May 2011
  • LocationNew Brunswick

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

Does anyone else use final cut, or is it just me?
Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos December 2011 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 14 videos

#50 Offline Spaceman Schmuck

Spaceman Schmuck
  • 783 posts
  • Joined 20 August 2009
  • LocationPortland, ME

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

also get an external usb hard drive. never worry about space again

Until it breaks on you from overuse. a lot of external terabytes are notoriously cheaply made (that's why they don't cost much) and can't handle being left on all the time. Alas, you cannot seed torrents forever.

This happened to me and I lost a lot of irreplacable shit so I wanted to warn you guise.
DAIIIIKOOOON VWEE!!!"tl;dr" comments: yes, I'm long-winded. Especially when I'm stoned. Which is all the time. At least I have something intelligible to say. And my spelling and grammar aren't horrible.My YouTubeMy Art/Music"Conrad even made him a moderator for some cruel, unusual joke to teach us some kind of lesson but I forgot what it was" -PapaGonzales on pimpsahoy
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos

#51 Offline Silverstreak

Silverstreak

Cloud 9

• 6,570 posts
  • Joined 03 November 2011
  • LocationAfricaaaaa

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:50 AM

Until it breaks on you from overuse. a lot of external terabytes are notoriously cheaply made (that's why they don't cost much) and can't handle being left on all the time. Alas, you cannot seed torrents forever.

This happened to me and I lost a lot of irreplacable shit so I wanted to warn you guise.

SPEAKING OF WHICH all of my external drives died on me within 4 days over Christmas. That's a 500 GB external drive, a 1 GB flash drive and 2 8GB flash drives. Good thing I backed up most of my stuff, but sadly I had to say goodbye to the videos and YTPs I made when I was 10 or so. Hopefully it can be repaired, I don't think the disk is scratched. I'll keep it until I have the skills/money. I really sympathize, I'll never use external drives again.
April 2012 - "pizza bagels fall out of my pocket and go everywhere " (Regular) April 2012 - Overall Contributin' to the Chewikis mario paint will never be art ew, poop For organizing the Photopoop contest Lotsa spa-edits Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 27 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

#52 Offline Spaceman Schmuck

Spaceman Schmuck
  • 783 posts
  • Joined 20 August 2009
  • LocationPortland, ME

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

oh hey I also had a Sony Vegas 7 question. I'm working with lots of different tracks and I want to adjust the transparency of individual clips. I know that the level for the whole track can be adjusted on the right, as illustrated in the attached file, but what I really want is like the audio volume envelope that I can adjust smoothly across time.

I suppose I can use media FX or video event FX and use the brightness and contrast, but I was looking for some other methods.

Attached Files

DAIIIIKOOOON VWEE!!!"tl;dr" comments: yes, I'm long-winded. Especially when I'm stoned. Which is all the time. At least I have something intelligible to say. And my spelling and grammar aren't horrible.My YouTubeMy Art/Music"Conrad even made him a moderator for some cruel, unusual joke to teach us some kind of lesson but I forgot what it was" -PapaGonzales on pimpsahoy
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos

#53 Offline unregistredhypercam

unregistredhypercam
  • 667 posts
  • Joined 24 October 2011

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

SPEAKING OF WHICH all of my external drives died on me within 4 days over Christmas. That's a 500 GB external drive, a 1 GB flash drive and 2 8GB flash drives. Good thing I backed up most of my stuff, but sadly I had to say goodbye to the videos and YTPs I made when I was 10 or so. Hopefully it can be repaired, I don't think the disk is scratched. I'll keep it until I have the skills/money. I really sympathize, I'll never use external drives again.

Inside most external hard drives is a regular internal drive, and a circuit board that converts the sata (or ide for old drives) drive connection to usb. Whether or not you can get the data off of it depends on if the internal drive is damaged or not. Often it is a problem with the board or cable, but hard drives fail too, especially if you bash them around a lot. If you were to take the intenal drive out of the casing (and unplug it from the board), you could put it in a computer and test it to see if it still works. If the drive is dead, there is little you can do besides pay many thousands of dollars for a recovery lab to take a look at it.

Apart from that board and the case, there is nothing diferent about an external drive than a laptop or desktop internal one. Usually though they use slower cheap drives because usb is so slow anyway that you wont notice the diference between a fast and a slow one.

So you might be able to get your poops back off the external hdd, as for the flash drives, you're fucked.
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

#54 Offline Silverstreak

Silverstreak

Cloud 9

• 6,570 posts
  • Joined 03 November 2011
  • LocationAfricaaaaa

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

Inside most external hard drives is a regular internal drive, and a circuit board that converts the sata (or ide for old drives) drive connection to usb. Whether or not you can get the data off of it depends on if the internal drive is damaged or not. Often it is a problem with the board or cable, but hard drives fail too, especially if you bash them around a lot. If you were to take the intenal drive out of the casing (and unplug it from the board), you could put it in a computer and test it to see if it still works. If the drive is dead, there is little you can do besides pay many thousands of dollars for a recovery lab to take a look at it.

Apart from that board and the case, there is nothing diferent about an external drive than a laptop or desktop internal one. Usually though they use slower cheap drives because usb is so slow anyway that you wont notice the diference between a fast and a slow one.

So you might be able to get your poops back off the external hdd, as for the flash drives, you're fucked.

Oh, well that's good. I actually looked into that, but realized that I didn't have the tools necessary. Hopefully something can be done about it. :/
April 2012 - "pizza bagels fall out of my pocket and go everywhere " (Regular) April 2012 - Overall Contributin' to the Chewikis mario paint will never be art ew, poop For organizing the Photopoop contest Lotsa spa-edits Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 27 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 6 videos

#55 Offline FullCap

FullCap
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 26 November 2011
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

oh hey I also had a Sony Vegas 7 question. I'm working with lots of different tracks and I want to adjust the transparency of individual clips. I know that the level for the whole track can be adjusted on the right, as illustrated in the attached file, but what I really want is like the audio volume envelope that I can adjust smoothly across time.

I suppose I can use media FX or video event FX and use the brightness and contrast, but I was looking for some other methods.

Is this what you're talking about?

Posted Image
March 2012 - Overall, YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

#56 Offline Doctorshyguy

Doctorshyguy
  • 270 posts
  • Joined 19 August 2011
  • LocationTexas Y'all

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

a google search has failed me; anybody know where to find a screen flip plugin for videopad?
Posted Image
Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

#57 Offline TargetDog12

TargetDog12

Stationed in the Gamma Quadrant of Sector 4

• 6,810 posts
  • Joined 06 September 2009
  • LocationJanet Reno's Dance Party

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

Okay, so I've got a trial of Vegas Pro and I don't know what format of video it supports. Help?

3VOl4SW.png

2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

#58 Offline Bloodis

Bloodis

A lovely and nice girl

• 5,069 posts
  • Joined 20 January 2011
  • LocationPeräkylän Venäjä

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

Okay, so I've got a trial of Vegas Pro and I don't know what format of video it supports. Help?

Every version of Vegas is compatible with .wmv, but if you have 10 or 11, then you can use .mp4 too.
But it all depends on the codecs.

g8WY1YD.gif

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 33 videos with a 5 star rating For the Commercial Collab 5 multi-way tennis matches. Awwww yeah. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Hosting YouChew's Secret Santa of 2012. July 2012 - "What's un Hatsune doing with them Music club girls?" (Brain rape/Rape-core) July 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! 10 matches done 5 tennis matches yo Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

#59 Offline LightningLuigi

LightningLuigi
  • 6,400 posts
  • Joined 10 April 2010
  • LocationI want to make a contract with you.

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

Vegas also takes AVI, but generally the latter the version you have, the more compatible it will be. Also, having a codec pack installed definitely does not hurt.
Posted Image
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For the categories of Friendliest Member and Most Helpful Member. December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 54 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 54 videos For writing articles For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! Om nom nom, you get cookie!

#60 Offline unregistredhypercam

unregistredhypercam
  • 667 posts
  • Joined 24 October 2011

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:56 AM

If you find that you have an AVI or a MKV or something that vegas refuses to properly open, you can re encode it with handbrake into MP4, which it will be able to open.
Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users