Whelt

Useful browser addons and extensions

93 replies to this topic

Whelt

We all know about the obvious ones like adblock, but why not share some of the addons and extensions you like that maybe not everyone has thought to look for.

I use Chrome, and I have these three extensions installed (edit: I used to when I made this thread and I removed the ones I don't think work anymore) :

AdBlock Plus - You should know what this is. But remember to disable it on YouChew.net!

View Image Info - Right click an image and you can view the URL, dimensions, type, and filesize.

RemindMe - Just a simple timer tool. You can set a certain amount of time, and then an alert will go off when it's counted down.

Facebook Disconnect - Stop Facebook from tracking the webpages you go to.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Probo

The only one I can think of I really use is SnapLinks, though I dunno if it's of the more common ones or not. For those unfamiliar with it you right click, creating a draggable green border which opens every link included within it once the right-click button is released. I got it for that Pokemon Eggs site that was all the rage a while ago, but the addon's usefulness has long outlived any interest I had in the site.

For staying warn free for 9 years Eat da candy it's a little itchy... For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Lucario For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed background card

Designed cards #6, #13-16, #19-20, #25, #29, #31-33, #36-40, #43-47, #50, #52-54, #57, #59, #62, #65, #68, #70-72, #79, #81, #90, #100

Illustrated card #93 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For getting all the standard ornaments Contributing banners for the Halloween and Christmas skins For staying strike free for 7 years. For clearing Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World during our community challenge event. Fine dined on Norwegian escargot. For clearing Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles & Sonic CD during the community challenge event. Way to go! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For taking third place in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest. Congratulations! For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 1st as "Favorite Staff Member" - 2014 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013, Best Image Editor 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Most Helpful Member 2015
Most Helpful Member 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew, Best Image Editor, and Best Artist, Spirit of YouChew Award 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Favorite Staff Member 2015 Oh yeah that reminds me, I bought 5 of each while awards were down For making the Hulkamania and GreenSwampWarrior banners. Placing #4 in the Wheel Gator Speed Run. Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived. Here's to the start of a wonderful career. Cheers. Congrats on your masterpiece. For winning second place in the Harrison Ford Trivia Contest! Congratulations!

10/31/11 - For coming in 1st in the Halloween costume contest. Your drawing was voted the best!
For drawing an awesome Ford image!

LightningLuigi

Hmm, nice, I went ahead and installed a couple of the ones posted for Chrome.

Anyway, I use Mail Checker Plus for Gmail. It's a very convenient tool for checking your email. You can see a preview of your messages and mark them as read without having to go to your inbox. And if you want to go to your inbox, it's as simple as a click of the mouse. It also prompts you whenever you get a new message as long as your browser is open. I highly recommend it for Gmail users with Chrome.

Friendliest User 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For the categories of Friendliest Member and Most Helpful Member. December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 54 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 54 videos For writing articles For posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread!
Posting after Dopply Om nom nom, you get cookie!

Mushrooms™

Here's some stuff I have in Chrome.

4chan Plus - Essential for 4chan browsing. Allows you to hide threads, preview images and posts by hovering the mouse over them, bookmark threads, auto-update threads, and more.

Adblock Plus (also available for other browsers) - Self-explanatory and essential.

LastPass (also available for other browsers) - Useful if you have lots of passwords. LastPass will remember your passwords, generate secure passwords for you, and automatically log you into websites.

RemindMe - A simple reminder extension, but useful if you spend a lot of time in your browser.

Mouse Strokes (pretty sure there's similar extensions for other browsers) - Allows you to use mouse gestures in Chrome.

Ultimate Chrome Flag (similar extensions are available for other browsers) - Shows the country's flag of which a website's server is contained in in the address bar.

View Image Properties - Gives you a "view image properties" option when you right-click an image.

Web of Trust (also available for other browsers) - Enables the Web of Trust security ratings on sites you visit, web search results, and on links. Essential for secure web browsing where you might run into risky sites.

Youtube Looper (also available for other browsers) - Does what it says.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Thanks for the donation! Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Funniest Signatures 2014
User with Funniest Avatars 2014 2013 May 2013 - "Gay" (Sentence mix-core) May 2013 - Overall For your contribution to the favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. For winning November 2012's contest with your Pumkin Pie. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years I'LL HAVE TO GIVE MYSELF A PRRRROMOTION For defending the eternal walls of Fort Youchew from the dark forces of Lord Pimpsahoy 1000 page on GCT.
For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. KIRBEH. Thanks. Sonic birthday contest.

Nintendork64

I use this one add-on called Adblock. It's pretty underground, you've probably never heard of it. :icon_cool:

AoS AQua AoS

Hmm, only plug ins I really use are ad-block, and flagfox... lmao I got some other stuff, but I never know of a time I use them. Firefox all the way though ;D

Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos

SirSigma

Lastpass - Tell your default password manager to go fuck itself with this extension. Syncs passwords and site usernames to very secure servers so you can use Lastpass on any browser anywhere to login somewhere, or if you pay premium, on iOS, Android, and other portable devices.

Omnibar - The search bar and URL bar in Firefox are merged together into one long bar. Really convenient and I can't even imagine using the Internet without it anymore. Having two separate bars feels too weird for me now.

Stylish - Tell Youtube and other sites you frequent to stop looking so ugly or unmanageable with this extension. Install it and find user styles at their website to help you get started changing the way you look at the web. Use it to remove annoying ad boxes from Facebook, change your Youtube color scheme, and many more options.

WOT - Gives me an idea whether a site I'm visiting is safe, questionable, or untrustworthy. Configurable and shows you whether links on Google are safe to click or not.

Xmarks - Generally more reliable and easier to use (in my opinion) than the default Firefox Sync. Makes breaking in a browser on a new machine feel a lot easier by saving all your bookmarks.

Oh, and of course, I use stuff like Adblock, Noscript, and Dowload Status Bar, but those are so quintessential that I didn't think they were worth mentioning in my post. Moreso that they've already been mentioned multiple times in this thread.

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. For writing 13641 words worth in blog entries. 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the category of Most Likely To Rule The World.
2013 For the category of Most Helpful Member.
2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos Been here since the turn of 07. For having lost not one, but two accounts. Giving myself a PRRRROMOTION For servicing us. Heh. Thanks for the donation! The forum appreciates your good behavior. For Lucky Lottery.

Smonge

I've always been uber-paranoid about malicious script and security when using a browser in Windows or general public wi-fi, so I've come to frequently rely on NoScript, Adblock, HTTPS Everywhere, Anonymizer Nevercookie, and Flagfox in Firefox.

But I've never really explored any add-on's or extensions for Chrome, even though I use it as much as Firefox.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For writing 11289 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. October 2013 - "Still the Road is Full of Photographs" (YTPMV) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Simply Simple Simply Simple 2013, Favorite Staff Member 2014, Friendliest User 2015, Most Helpful Member 2015 2013 Thanks for being awesome, Smonge. June 2012 - Overall, Regular For the category of Most Helpful Member
2013, Friendliest User 2014, Most Helpful Member 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For the Innovation in Simplicity Collab. Stayed strike-free for 1 year.

Stuart K Reilly

i've got google's translator for when im on some seedy ass site trying to get some unknown pc game.

most of em are always another language (so is the games. UGH)

of course i have adblock. everyone should.

GREASEMONKEY ya'll. thats the shit everyone should have. it lets you redesign websites to fit your needs.

download a shitload of scripts and change the whole world beotch

theres even scripts to change Youtube to the old "right side description" layout

i also have download statusbar another FIRST download when i install on new systems.

abduction

downthemall

flashgot for getting mp3s and flv off NON youtube sites with no download links.

For staying warn free for 9 years For making it on a few of the Recommended YouTube Poops articles, with the most recent one being for December 2015 & January 2016. For getting 90 5-star ratings Best Musician 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards A No. First a Janitor, now a Café Staffer! Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Best YouTube Pooper 2014
Best YouTube Pooper 2016 1st as "Most Likely to Rule the World" - 2014
Most Likely to Rule the World 2015
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 137 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 137 videos For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos March 2012 - Overall March 2012 - "IM Meen Becomes Self Aware" (Sentence mix-core) For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos Excellent job, mang. For winning the re-poop contest! Great work!

wotersond

GREASEMONKEY ya'll. thats the shit everyone should have. it lets you redesign websites to fit your needs.

theres even scripts to change Youtube to the old "right side description" layout

I forgot what the chrome version is called.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos User with Coolest Signatures 2014
User with Coolest Avatars 2014 Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Whelt

I forgot what the chrome version is called.

You can install scripts individually in Chrome, so you don't actually need something like Greasemonkey.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

randomcontributor

How do I use the magical adblock for Mama Luigi's Pepper-Flavored Italian Meatballs avatars, as I've heard some people use it for?

EDIT: Never mind. Just right-click the image, select "Adblock Plus: Block image", and click the first bullet in the "Look for Pattern" section.

Edited by randomcontributor
For staying warn free for 9 years For meeting Markie! For getting 20 awards Testing the IPS 4.0 Update Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 100 videos Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years March 2012 - "SOME ASIAN GUYS FIGHT OVER A ROOM KEY" (Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos December 2011 - Regular, Overall, Classic For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. Well done, Link. For being on the Vanilla forums for 72 days before it was shut down 25 poops in the showroom. For uploading 5 YTP's in the Showroom.

The Mountie From Hell

For Firefox:

DownloadHelper - easily download Youtube videos

Photobucket Uploader - because I use Photobucket; especially convenient when finding images to put in an image spam thread

Adblock Plus - does exactly what it says

Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For taking second place in November's Photopoop contest. Congratulations! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Whelt

PooperYoshi reminded me that I have this installed:

YouTube FLV/MP4 download - Adds a button under every YouTube video where you can download the actual MP4 file directly, no conversions or anything. Use with Greasemonkey in Firefox, or just install it directly in Chrome.

Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017

Whelt

This isn't really useful in a convenience sense, but I found out the other day that Angry Birds is free as a Chrome app. Kind of cool, I guess.

Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017