Samurai Pizza Cats is an anime series released in 1990 in Japan, and 1991 elsewhere, following 3 feline ninjas, fighting against Bad Bird and the Ninja Crows (secretly under the command of Big Cheese), who are destroying Edoropolis. The original Japanese version was an action/comedy series, while the English dub was more comedy-oriented.
The series was originally developed in 1989 by Tatsunoku and Sotsu Agency, with the first airing of the first episode in early 1990. In 1991, Saban dubbed the show in English, using new dialogue involving more comedy instead of a translation.
- TV Show
- A Famicom game also existed.
Country of Origin
- 1990 (Japan)
- 1991 (International)
With emphasis given to those seen in Youtube Poops
Used In Poop By
Main Source for Poopers
- Various episodes in various languages can be found scattered across the forum, Edoropolis Emporium, or sometimes on Youtube.
- There was a torrent for all 54 of the Japanese episodes (no subtitles), but it now appears to have disappeared.
- An American torrent does not yet exist.
- In 2012, a full box set was released in Japan.
- A U.S. DVD release is currently in the works, slated for a 2013 release, in 2 separate versions: a subtitled Japanese version and the English dub.
- Big Cheese is not a rat, even if the American dub says so (the Japanese version says otherwise).
- It has its own Famicom game (see above right).
- The Famicom controller also appears in an episode.
- But despite all that, not a single character from the series is in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom. WHAT A SHAME.
- It is currently aired on Rock TV, right after Koopa Sez.
- Deepercutt once got his thumbnails hacked into something from Samurai Pizza Cats by MeiAIDS and ADHDYoshi.
- In 2012, Discotek Media announced that a full DVD release, with both the subtitled Japanese version and the English-language dub, is going to be released. No word on an official release date, yet.
- The Japanese complete box set, released in 2012, was ranked second throughout Japan in anime DVD sales upon its release. This is despite its mediocre popularity in its original run in 1990.