Brillemeister was born in REDACTED, USA. He had a fairly average middle-class upbringing and was fascinated by A/V equipment from early childhood. He and his brothers enjoyed generally decontextualizing prerecorded media, by either muting television or movies and inserting their own dialogue, or "riffing" ala one of the favorite shows in the Brillemeister family home, MST3K.
First poop seen
One day Brille's younger brother showed him a Lion King poop titled Hakuna Kakuna (removed), and the wheels in his head began turning. He realized that the video capture software already installed on his desktop also had editing capabilities...
First poop made
Hobbit Go Boom (removed)
Brillemeister prefers to let sources speak for themselves, but often in a new context. He frequently accomplishes this through a kind of selective emphasis, bringing out incidental sounds, visual artefacts, facial tics, and similar unusual facets of clips he edits, and making them the centerpiece of a shot or scene.
In the past he's been known for sentence-mixing, occasionally enough to construct a clear narrative. After his first hiatus, however, he began transitioning toward a more abstract, dadaist style of editing.
- Songs from Mother Goose
- Mother Goose Video Treasury
- Super Mario Bros Super Show
- The Adventures of Timmy the Tooth
- Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
- Full House
- Television news (before the digital transition made capture a huge pain)
- Television ads
- Film trailers
- Various other sources
Pinnacle Studio 9 (2006 - 2011)
Pinnacle Studio 14 (2012 - present)
- Obscure analog media
- Nintendo anything
- Lazy referential or "adult" humor
- Using the YouTube blogosphere as a source (a rare exception being Chief Clipper Mansplains It All, because the original clip he wanted was
unavailable except as included in reaction videos, so hey why not)
- YouTube's recommended feed
Has been praised for his clever use of humorous context construction/sentence mixing in addition to creative studders, and has also been called the "king" of analog poopers by some of his fellow fans.
Tends to delete his older work (this includes the deletion of his first poop)
- Was brought to the attention of many by The Electric Cheese in his youchewpoop interview who recommended Brillemeister for his methodology and low key style.
- Made YouTube's Daily Top 50 for Comedy more than once in 2007.
- In addition to a four-year humanities degree, he has a Diploma of Audio Engineering from SAE Institute Atlanta, which he highly recommends for those serious about honing their skills with audio.
In Real Life
Brillemeister currently lives in REDACTED with REDACTED and can usually be spotted wearing REDACTED
- The Electric Cheese
- To this day, has no idea who provided the voice of the title character in Songs from Mother Goose, and would be eternally grateful to whoever can provide this information.
- As of January 2017, has decided to retire The Kid-a-Littles indefinitely, with The Daily Typo Moves to Detroit marking their final appearance.
- Went on a year-long hiatus in Spring 2008 due to college, but returned to pooping in 2009. He announced his retirement from YTP on October 2010, but returned in September 2012 with some new YTPMVs.
- Joined YouTube the same month as lonelygirl15.
- Has had to take down two YTPMVs, Mario Drinks Olestra and Scoop McGooter Develops Paranoid Schizophrenia, due to copyright strikes (the respective songs used were: Liar (RE:NDZ remix) by Tokyo Girls Style; and Bak Bir Varmış Bir Yokmuş by Model).
- Was contacted by Cheryl Rhoads, who played the title character of the Mother Goose Video Treasury, around late 2007; she'd taken offense to his characterization of the series as "terrible" and he did his best to mend fences.
- Was threatened with legal action over his Kid-a-Littles uploads by a user named VideoAvenger circa late 2007; he claimed to know the creator of the show, "a very litigious man" in his words.
- Is an amazing singer.