Phoenix Wright is a lawyer from the Ace Attorney series that was later disbarred for presenting fake evidence, yet later regained his defence attorney badge and was rebarred.
When Phoenix Wright was born, his first case was objecting to why he was born, and why he had such a weird haircut. Of course, Phoenix grew up to act extremely suicidal. To suppress these feelings, and because he had the talent, Phoenix's parents sent him to Ivy University as a law student, where he ended up accused of a murder, defended by Mia Fey. Influenced by this. Phoenix trained hard in college and law school to make history as the worst lawyer of all time (and yet have a winning record in court, despite the fact that most Japanese defence attorneys go their whole career without a win).
- Yelling "OBJECTION!", and also pointing.
- Miles Edgeworth (secretly)
- Mia Fey and her sister Maya
- Larry Butz (Most of the time.)
- The Law
- NOT GUILTY verdicts
- His adopted daughter Trucy and her magic pantsu.
- Manfred von Karma and his daughter, Franziska.
- GUILTY verdicts
- The Judge
- Difficult clients, such as Dracula and Heavy Weapons Guy.
- April May (He doesn't see anything innocent in her)
- Larry Butz (Accused of murdering his girlfriend.)
- Maya Fey (Accused of murder.)
- Heavy Weapons Guy (WHO TOUCHED HIS GUN!?)
- Miles Edgeworth (Accused himself of his own father's murder.)
- Tails (Over her rape in the '80s.)
- Stone Luigi (In the debate over whether Stone Luigi's football is a stone or a football.)
- Mario (Same debate, he represented both sides!)
- Binky The Clown (Apparently, it wasn't anyone's birthday.)
- Richard Nixon (He never made it to the courtroom, though, as Nixon resigned.)
- Himself (After his alternate personality ate a bean burrito without paying.)
- Neji (I swear, he wasn't using Byakugan to check everyone out!)
- Professor Layton (Eventually, he helped Phoenix solve a case.)
- Hey, guess what. Actually, I, um, really hate your guts.
- -April May
- In English versions of the Ace Attorney series games, he is from Los Angeles, California, USA.
- In Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, Phoenix became a hobo because he presented false evidence (although Phoenix was unaware of this). However, by Duel Destinies, he is re-barred, and is practicing law again.
- The game also shows him with an adopted daughter, who is a magician.
- Phoenix also got screwed over in We Love Golf!; they had Apollo as a costume but not Phoenix. Objection!
- He also got fucked when it was revealed that he wasn't in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes or its international version, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars. In fact, one interview by Capcom stated that they tried to make him a playable character (along with Franziska von Karma from the same series) for the Capcom side, but it was tough and they decided not to do it in the end, putting in Zero from the Mega Man series and Frank West from Dead Rising instead (He's covered wars, you know!). They also decided against putting in other characters like Nero from Devil May Cry 4, or even M. Bison (NO! NO!)
Also, he doesn't appear in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds as well.He's in the "Ultimate" version of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. One of his hyper combos involves accusing his opponent of murder, which kills them as they have an Ace Attorney-esque breakdown.
- With this, he even successfully accused Dr. Doom of murder ("No alibi, no justice, no dreams, no hope!").
- How much gel does he use to keep that hair up? His answer has been objected many times before, but it's been speculated that he uses over 9,000 tonnes of hair gel.
- He once needed the Elite Beat Divas to help him during a case. Everybody was distracted by them dancing, allowing Phoenix to escape.
- Nobody would believe he was an attorney if it weren't for his Attorney's Badge.
- Once was accused by the Judge of trying to hire an assassin to assassinate him. Fortunately, after the trial, the Judge had no recollection of said events, and no charges were filed.
- He doesn't abide to Professor Layton's belief in which a gentleman pays attention to his madness.
- In 2013/2014, he showed the professor who's the real boss around his town. And it will be awesome.
- Is actually a dragon, as referenced by his Japanese name, Ryuuichi Naruhodo [成歩堂 龍一].